Quantcast

@@@ >>>> Monday GTM >>>> ####

cecil

Turbo Monkey
Jun 3, 2008
with the voices in my head
One thing I hate about nitrile gloves are that my hands sweat inside of them. Not really a big deal, but they are impossible to reuse, when you need to remove one to open another beer during a bike overhaul (rather than getting shit all over the beer opener or can).
I keep a few pair of those cheap brown jersey gloves around and put them on over the nitrile gloves in those situations

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Evening Monkeys.

Had an interview from a resume I half-blindly sent. Wasn't expecting a call, had a face to face with the VP of engineering and the Director of QA. I thought it went really well and I could really use a real paycheck. Other irons in the fire, but not much exciting and still no callback from Costco.

I have been spending some quality time with the pooch on the bike. She does so well off lead, she just wants to jump on me while I ride. :rofl:

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
@TN and @jonKranked I can vouch for the curry paste. I used to buy it at a tiny Asian market in Asheville. It's legit.

Pro tip: Start with your favorite vegetable based oil and brown some raw peanuts in the same pot you're going to cook the curry, drain and set aside. Then cook your other stuff in that peanut flavored oil. Garnish with peanuts, cilantro, red Thai chili slices and lime wedges.

Also you can add raw meat to the pot after you've adjusted the flavors. Chicken breast sliced thin and done this way is very tender and not chewy like par boiling.
I have been around Boulder people & Boulder kids too much. we dont mention the P word cuz just hearing it will send some of these snowflakes into anaphylactic shock instantly. :rolleyes:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Back to Red Deer, AB. moved from here for false greener pastures... might have put in 11 months, then came back because going backwards monthly for nothing really..
huh. i did not know you were canadian. you should try apologizing more. (sorry for the stereotype).

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
dang son those are some big cats. what breed?
One is a shelter cat which just happens to be big. The other is British but his father and grandfather are huge so it's no surprise. We need to slim him down but that will get him to 8.5 at the lowest since he was 4.5kg when he was 6 months old.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Just make yourself a note saying that the cats are your emotional support animals and you can't fly with out them.

I think the Peakcock lady ruined that for everyone.

attach some local currency to the cat, then you should be able to get that extra 1.5kg of cat on the plane with no issues :)
My country is corrupt but I'm not sure how corrupt are different airlines. Our national thinks customer service is basically like insulting god.

for as big as his cats are, just dress them up like children and get them a ticket.
Yeah I think buying an extra ticket is a reasonable option if the airline agrees.

Pets are family.
That said, I can't count how many flights I've been on in the past few years where passengers have their cats with them in the plane. I personally love it, other's may not. It seems to be the norm if in carriers and well behaved.

edit: I didn't know about the weight limit, but those soft carrier/bags can't weigh but a few oz.
The new rule is the carrier should be firm.

All in all I'm happy we went cat and not a bullterrier since that would be even more trouble as much as I love those dogs.