Quantcast

>>>> Monday GTM >>>>

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Super nice fall week of sun and I am back in shorts. My collarbone is feel so much better and the pain is basically gone and I can already feel new bone has formed.

You really see the effect of getting back to normal around here with people back in school and offices and now everybody is sick with all kinds of other viruses then covid with all the being together close plus we have had the coldest August in 16 years. As long as people have learned not to go to the office and get people sick but humans are not good that this.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
back to the 3 am wake up call thing. Looked ll over for my coffee mug, It was hiding in plain sight. Espresso is waking me up. Out the door in 20 minutes at 4am. Have to clean the camper and dump the tanks and put the hitch extension back on this afternoon. Ruth is heading out for a two day training session with Sabine Shut Kery who just led the US dressage team to a silver team medal at the Olympics on Thursday.

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
Super nice fall week of sun and I am back in shorts. My collarbone is feel so much better and the pain is basically gone and I can already feel new bone has formed.

You really see the effect of getting back to normal around here with people back in school and offices and now everybody is sick with all kinds of other viruses then covid with all the being together close plus we have had the coldest August in 16 years. As long as people have learned not to go to the office and get people sick but humans are not good that this.
I had to work over the weekend. :disgust:

We had a breakthrough infection at my workplace. :(
Luckily none of the contact persons has gotten it (as far as I know).
But yeah, opening everything up and making getting a test annoyingly hard while only 70% of the population is fully vaccinated is brillant....for Delta. Not sure if Friday's departmental "reboarding" party was a great idea. I guess we will see in a couple of days.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
:wave:

Poor sleep train rolls on, but what can you do.

Yard sale was a success in the sense that a lot of clutter went away in exchange for a reasonable amount of currency. What didn't sell went on the street and was snatched up by the curb vultures.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
In a definite Wellington/Portland vibe thing, in our Aro Valley (street/burb of Welly) there has long been a little/cavernous independent video store. It has survived by being niche and good at it, long past the last Lacklustre closed up. Anyway now they have somehow gone online. No idea how they got licensed for this. Anyway, if you saw it at a film festival and can’t find it:

Edit: VPN required I expect…

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Less than a week out from the wedding, got a few things left to sort out but we’re mostly ready. Job offer accepted means I can relax a bit and enjoy the wedding and such. Inspection in the new house later today, then a bike ride. Be safe out there!

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Hello all. I work today. Interviewed a nice seeming person for a telerads position we have open.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Back at home. Fixing tires on the bike today and going riding.

On the way home last night, we drove head on into a massive thunderstorm with the most lightning I've seen in quite some time. It was pretty eerie looking watching it in the distance and getting closer and closer... The rain was pretty intense too, people were pulling over on the highway and even a few pretty much stopped in live lanes, wtf.

@mykel did you get hit by that storm yesterday evening?

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Wifey is hurting and super stuff that am, but overall fine. Still probably going to sell the Yeti and get her something more "neutral" to ride.

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
Back at home. Fixing tires on the bike today and going riding.

On the way home last night, we drove head on into a massive thunderstorm with the most lightning I've seen in quite some time. It was pretty eerie looking watching it in the distance and getting closer and closer... The rain was pretty intense too, people were pulling over on the highway and even a few pretty much stopped in live lanes, wtf.

@mykel did you get hit by that storm yesterday evening?
Just the edge, the worst was north of us. Some truly nasty rain, but we missed most of the sound and light show. You going to 'Shoe this weekend, or are ya giving the body a rest?

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
Washed the trailer and the truck yesterday, then greased the trailer's hubs, polished the haze off the truck headlights, followed by a 4 miles walk pushing the kiddo in the stroller in an attempt to give an Alpaca some carrots. Fawk I'm sore, but at least the kid and Alpaca are stoked, and I'm basically ready for next weekend minus buying food.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Wifey is hurting and super stuff that am, but overall fine. Still probably going to sell the Yeti and get her something more "neutral" to ride.
Good geo, brakes, gears and dropper. If she wants to ride and you want her to ride you've got to get her something decent.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Just the edge, the worst was north of us. Some truly nasty rain, but we missed most of the sound and light show. You going to 'Shoe this weekend, or are ya giving the body a rest?
I'm going there today :D

And yeah will most likely be up over the weekend. Are you going up?

Need to find some fox bushings for the shock on my bike, one of them is already loosey goosey after only a month of use :(

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Afternoon. Great turnout for our first modified field hockey practice this morning. Looking like it could be a seriously great season with these girls! Heading out for a quick loop while the youngest is at gymnastics tonight...stomach feels off but I think it's just the massive amount of coffee I had this morning since I didn't sleep well last night....doggo freaked out and chased something in the back for a bit then came in all weird. We have had a big black bear poking around so maybe? I need to check the trail cams and see if it picked up anything.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Get her an e-bike
She was actually interested in that. She got crushed - lung-wise - on the burst climbs. I think that would be really good for her, despite my (and everyone else's) disdain for them. If we want her to ride, we need to make it accessable for her.