Quantcast

>>>> Monday GTM >>>>

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
She was actually interested in that. She got crushed - lung-wise - on the burst climbs. I think that would be really good for her, despite my (and everyone else's) disdain for them. If we want her to ride, we need to make it accessable for her.
Not knowing how much she's ridden, trails that seem flat and smooth to you can seem like boulder strewn death traps for beginners - it's a long time since you learned how to MTB.

You need to be doing the Carbon loop at Bear Creek State Park or similar, not trying to shuttle Apex.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
She was actually interested in that. She got crushed - lung-wise - on the burst climbs. I think that would be really good for her, despite my (and everyone else's) disdain for them. If we want her to ride, we need to make it accessable for her.
///E-bike

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
If Sarah wants to borrow my Shuttle to try on your local trails of choice let me know. It's a medium so probably too long for her long term (445 mm reach) but enough to get a feel of how Shimano motors feel.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Not knowing how much she's ridden, trails that seem flat and smooth to you can seem like boulder strewn death traps for beginners - it's a long time since you learned how to MTB.

You need to be doing the Carbon loop at Bear Creek State Park or similar, not trying to shuttle Apex.
My 8 year old was not pleased with the loose parts of descending Rooney Valley trail at Green Mountain. Then again, there were a ton of adults there who apparently think it's entertaining enough. Go figure.

(She did give the day a thumbs up overall but there was a crash or three and much crying during the descent.)

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado

Agree. She did Carbon loop and dropped us badly last summer. I just over estimated her, given how badly she dropped us. We'll start over. E-bike. Armor. Modern geometry. Bear Creek Park. Master that, then moving fwd.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
If Sarah wants to borrow my Shuttle to try on your local trails of choice let me know. It's a medium so probably too long for her long term (445 mm reach) but enough to get a feel of how Shimano motors feel.
She's 5"6 and largely torso. She's always on the cusp of s/m. Once she's feeling better, I'll propose it to her.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Which Yeti does she have? I am in the marked for a new FS rig. :brows:
ASR-SL, so basically the same. But I like the thought. If modern geo/e-bikes weren't a thing, that would be the right type of bike - longer, slacker, etc.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Agree. She did Carbon loop and dropped us badly last summer. I just over estimated her, given how badly she dropped us. We'll start over. E-bike. Armor. Modern geometry. Bear Creek Park. Master that, then moving fwd.
The only other easier trails around here I'm aware of is the loop on Genesee I think I told you about before.

Not sure what South Table is like @Full Trucker has ridden that more than anyone.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
We foster kittens, right? They're awesome and we get new ones periodically. These current ones are a bit older and beginning to scratch - frustratingly, our new furniture. We can't however pass them off for adoption because they are not snipped. We can't get them snipped, because they have ring worm. You know who now has ring worm on his head? This guy. Fucking. Hell.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
We foster kittens, right? They're awesome and we get new ones periodically. These current ones are a bit older and beginning to scratch - frustratingly, our new furniture. We can't however pass them off for adoption because they are not snipped. We can't get them snipped, because they have ring worm. You know who now has ring worm on his head? This guy. Fucking. Hell.
Ivermectin? ;)

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
///Ringworm