Quantcast

~~~Monday Monday GMT~~~

Quo Fan

don't make me kick your ass
Morning monkeys!

Friday night BigT and I went to see the New Britain Rock Cats (Twins AA affiliate). They have a promotion that if any player hits a home run and hits the big Fribble sign, everybody gets a free Fribble from Friendly's. Well, the sign got hit, and BigT and I happen to score not 1, not 2, not 3, not 4, but 5, yes five coupons for free Fribbles. We win. There were also supposed to be pyrotechnics after the games, but those were cancelled due to the impending thundershowers, so they gave everybody FREE tickets to fireworks night on Sept 2. We win AGAIN!

Yesterday, I installed a new shower door. One door didn't move on the old one, and the other door didn't move well. Yes, I know I could have gotten new rollers, but the doors were ugly, and didn't match the remodel. The new doors do. I'm saving the doors for another project, I want the tempered glass and huge mirror.

Today, I'm in the office all day, and I found out Friday that I'm tentatively heading back to RI on Aug 8.

Be safe out there.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Welcome to Monday!! Rejoice! I do not have any free Fribble coupons this morning, but I am wearing new pants that accentuate my sexy new 150 pound body. :happydance: So I now have two pairs of pants that actually fit well.

Wife and I had a great weekend and crammed a lot into it. We went out for burgers twice, saw the Captain America flick, watched Despicable Me on teh TV, went for a 75 mile road ride, went for an MTB ride, and spent quality time with good friends. Good times.

But yeah, that road ride was brutal. 95 degrees and humid, and we pushed hard. I'm not used to being light and fast (seriously) and need to learn to pace myself and the group better. Four of us did the 75 miles. One guy is pretty new to road riding and that was his longest ride by far. He hung in there like a champ at our fast pace but he was hurting after the ride. He did good. As far as the MTB ride goes, with all the road riding I've been doing this year, the MTB fitness level is definitely high on the scale right now. The MTB handling skills though are very rusty.

I've been training for the Hartford half marathon in October. I'm pretty much there, so I've been kicking around the idea of going for the full marathon instead. Hmmmm......

Four day workweek with MONKEYFEST this coming weekend!! See you all there!

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
staying home from work. felt like sh*t yesterday. still feel like half sh*t today. rode on saturday and i think the heat got to me, tho i did drink plenty of water.

splat

Nam I am
Morning , good weekend , lots of riding , did 2 Mt rides over teh weekend with BadDNA nad some of his friends in the area.

Took a hard digger , have the scrapes to show for it.

Repaired my Road bike yesterday so that was nice ( will discuss in another thread in the road lounge )

and road in at a very good clip this AM.

oh and 3 day work week for me ! wooo hooo.

new 150 pound body.

I'm not used to being light and fast (seriously) and need to learn to pace myself and the group better.
Is this due to you wife being the personal trainer . she has whipped you into shape ?

mrbigisbudgood

Strangely intrigued by Echo
Oct 30, 2001
Charlotte, NC
Happy to see Jenson Button win the Hungarian GP yesterday, because I picked him to win!

Training for Hammarby Hlll XC (60K) starts today. Will ride my 30K climbing route home, pick up the wife at the house and ride another 28K on the road with her. This Wednesday starts a LBS group ride leaving from Hammarby into the Nacka reserve, good chance to learn some new Swedish dirt, hopefully ride the actual race course.

Tandoori chicken, Pulao, and IPA for dinner tonight.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
staying home from work. felt like sh*t yesterday. still feel like half sh*t today. rode on saturday and i think the heat got to me, tho i did drink plenty of water.
This.

we did a 24 hour race on saturday. still zonked.

some phone pics...

Brewery Checkpoint!

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
I know all my weekends in summer sound the same, but oh well. I mountain biked both days, lots and lots of singletrack with snowy mtn and wildflower views. Hung out with friends, drank some beer, some tequilla, some water.

Heidi

Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Update: I just poured myself a cup of coffee and decided to start working...the coffee is totally weak, barely colored! I need to go find out who made this crap and kick some ass.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Morning! On this day, 13 years ago, I married my best friend, and it's been bliss since! Happy Anniversary Sq-Earl :cupidarrow:

Had a nice weekend with the in laws and relaxing and celebrating our anniversary, their anniversary (last weekend) and my father in law's 69th birthday. Needless to say, there was beer to be consumed, games to be played and air rifles to be shot :)

Now I am gearing up for Monkeyfest. Making the shopping list today and baking cookies tomorrow. Big plans.

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
Hey! Finally finished the Monday morning round of 3 consecutive meetings.

Road ride this past Satuday, not the 75 mile IAB epic, but 26 miles is a long way for me. Just starting my rider mass reduction program, so maybe when I'm lighter, I'll be faster.

Watched 2 movies last night, The Eagle and Company Men. Oddly, liked Company Men better.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
DH40 race yesterday..I flatted but my co2 inflator died, ran 1mile+ to water tent where they had a 15 year old hand pump, by the time I started back I must have been almost last being I had to pass tons of people that were in packs of 6 to 10, the heat & that effort caused me to bonk, somewhere along the way I busted a spoke and bent both seat rails...but I suffered on & eventually finished.

insanitylevel9

triple nubby
Jan 7, 2011
hopkinton ma
Morning , good weekend , lots of riding , did 2 Mt rides over teh weekend with BadDNA nad some of his friends in the area.

Took a hard digger , have the scrapes to show for it.
you litteraly hit the only rock in on that section of trail:rofl:. but anyway i was on the same rides as splat so pretty much did the same thing this weekend.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Friday - Canyon Creek: Awesome
Saturday - Spring Creek Pass -> West Lost Trail Creek: Awesome
Sunday - Monarch Crest -> Agate Creek: Awesome

'Twas a really good weekend, despite having to sleep in the Jeep Saturday night.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Wow, what an afternoon.

Question for the geek monkeys:
Is there an easy way to do a global find/delete of your chrome history as to selectively cover your tracks that you didn't know exist?

I don't know of a way, but someone seems to think I have wicked ninja hacking skillz and was able to do so when nobody was looking. :panic:

Heidi

Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Rode at lunch yesterday in glorious sunshine. Derek had the blinky light stolen off his bike so he took mine because it screws on instead of clips on. He bought me a replacement but it seems defective. I was on my way back to work after riding and was blasting through a green light turning left when I hear something hit the road and slide across the intersection into the curb, bounce off, and come to rest right in the lane of traffic. I flipped a U-turn and went back for it. Luckily nobody ran it over.