Quantcast

%%%Monday Monday GMT%%%

Quo Fan

don't make me kick your ass
Morning monkeys!

Spent the weekend shooting. Went to the Dragon Boat races and Asian Festival in Hartford on Saturday, and then Mohonk Mountain in NY on Sunday.

Looking at a bunch of houses today. At least I'm not in the office all day.

Be safe out there.

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
Morning.

Very very very tired this morning. We need to stop inviting people over for dinner on Sunday nights... especially when our friends tend to show up with a few growlers of beer. Oh well, good times had by all.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
First day back to work after having nine days off. JOY.

MBC and I had an awesome 55 mile charity road ride yesterday. 3000 feet of climbing and we averaged 17.7 mph.

One of the dogs was having issues last night and had to keep going outside. Needless to say, sleep was shoddy. This could be a long day.

mudgirl

Molester of monkeys
Jun 8, 2007
Tied up in the basement
Rode on Friday. Sucked. Liking the Niner less and less with each ride.
:( What aren't you enjoying about it? Where are you riding it? I've come to the conclusion that my 29er is really awesome on the flowy goodness of places like Shindagin or Hammond Hill, even Oakley, but I like my 26er a lot better for more technical places like CVSP and Jones Park.

mudgirl

Molester of monkeys
Jun 8, 2007
Tied up in the basement
Good morning monkeys! I had a great weekend helping run some really amazing full day mtb skills clinics for our club, but I am so glad it's over, and don't hate me for saying this, but I am so glad that summer is over. (It's over for me because I work at a university and the students are back, so in my mind, it's over.) I truly overextended myself this summer with obligations and commitments, and it really took its toll on me. I'm sick as a dog now, again. :(

I'm looking forward to not having to organize or plan or carry out anything for a few months now. I can just coast.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
Went for a bit of a shuttle road trip on the weekend. Insane heat, insane dust.

I think I probably went faster than I've ever gone on my DH bike. Then I fell off.

Weepy wounds are going to be sticking to my clothes at work today, methinks.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
:( What aren't you enjoying about it? Where are you riding it? I've come to the conclusion that my 29er is really awesome on the flowy goodness of places like Shindagin or Hammond Hill, even Oakley, but I like my 26er a lot better for more technical places like CVSP and Jones Park.
Mostly Jones - I live 5 minutes from there, so that's where I ride most of the time. The geometry is too aggressive for me.

I'm thinking about selling the frame and getting a Yeti Big Top 29er instead - head angle is a bit more relaxed, just not sure how much of a different that would make.

Last edited:

mudgirl

Molester of monkeys
Jun 8, 2007
Tied up in the basement
I'm thinking about selling the frame and getting a Yeti Big Top 29er instead - head angle is a bit more relaxed, just not sure how much of a different that would make.
You should come to the Shindagin Shindig on the weekend of Sept. 8th if you can. We'll be doing Giant demo's on the 6th at Shindagin with a trail rides that evening. On the 7th, they'll be doing rides out of Cayuga Ski & Cyclery up the Black Diamond Trail. They will have the new Trance 29ers available to demo. On the 8th, at the Shindig, we'll have demo bikes by Scott, which will include the 29er and 650b versions of the Genius. That will give you a better idea of what geometry feels comfortable to you.

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
Kid is sick, so day 2 clinic at BMX track is a bust....BOO! Hoped to help him get beyond his minor terror of rolling down the start hill into the 1st jump.

Going for an XC ride instead post jorb. Still not as good as riding BMX with your kid.