Quantcast

***MONDAY MONDAY MONDAY!!!! gmt***

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Shit. I've done Charlottesville to Seattle in 3 days. Not sure if my physical conditioning will allow me to do that this time. All this fat tissue requires sleep.
When we did it I drove 1000 miles one day and was so exhausted the next day. Good thing the wife was feeling good.

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
I swear....kids are never not sick. Pretty much my day yesterday, dealing with grumpy, sniffling and coughing mini me.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Over done it this morning at wellness. 405 on the dead lifts and 355 on the squats. I didn't even try to count the burpees, just went till I puked and did 20 more.
I am gonna be sore.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
When we did it I drove 1000 miles one day and was so exhausted the next day. Good thing the wife was feeling good.
i think my brother did charlotte to denver with a drive time of 19 hours when he delivered my passat station wagon.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Feeling the need to ride, likely Chimpex or White Ranch, @Nick are you riding this afternoon/evening?

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Feeling the need to ride, likely Chimpex or White Ranch, @Nick are you riding this afternoon/evening?
it absolutely POURED here all day Saturday. On/off yesterday too. I'd think it's still gotta be wet, but by all means go scope it out for yourself if you have the itch.

I'll ride Wednesday if you can get free.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
it absolutely POURED here all day Saturday. On/off yesterday too. I'd think it's still gotta be wet, but by all means go scope it out for yourself if you have the itch.

I'll ride Wednesday if you can get free.
Having not been here all weekend I wasn't sure, but FB 303 is suggesting Chimpex was good this morning, so should have dried more through this afternoon.

Wednesday afternoon will work.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Afternoon Monkeys.

The weather is amazing and while I have been enjoying my time off, I am tired of being broke and am getting a bit stir crazy. The dude across the street works 2 days a week and I think they are even half days. He told me he couldn't go back to work full time because he was going to be president of local little league. :rofl:

I've gotten a lot done, but I need to get a job. Interview at 3:30, yay.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Afternoon Monkeys.

The weather is amazing and while I have been enjoying my time off, I am tired of being broke and am getting a bit stir crazy. The dude across the street works 2 days a week and I think they are even half days. He told me he couldn't go back to work full time because he was going to be president of local little league. :rofl:

I've gotten a lot done, but I need to get a job. Interview at 3:30, yay.
I did not know you were jorbless, congrats!!! I thought of you when I saw a 30 year old corvette for sale with a $1000 price in the window, it still runs well enough to be moved daily, on close inspection I noted it was only missing the drivers side front fender. The fly eye purple paint job more than makes up for it.

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali
Went for a surprisingly fun ride at a local open space that I heard had some good trails. Found a random biker who looked like he knew how to ride a bike (a few dentists rode by but we ignored them) and asked where the trails were. He proceed to take us on a two hour tour of the place and show us the goods. My bike karma must be good. Fun trails complete with a few small drops and jumps. I'll definitely be back soon.

I CANNOT get the stupid tire seeded on my rim properly, it bulges a bit and makes it bouncy.
Are you planting a tire tree?

Try putting about 25 psi in them and bounce off the ground rotating each time you bounce off ground....obviously while they are off the bike
The low pressure method is good but not nearly as frightening as the high pressure method (or as reliable). Inflate to 80+ PSI and hope it doesn't blow your face off as you listen for the tell tale PING of the bead finally settling into place.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Fixed a broken spoke and went for an evening ride. Weather was perfect. Now toast, polish ham & dutch gouda with Sunshine Pils.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Felt like crap after work, so I decided to go for a super quick ride at a forest about 5 minutes from here. I usually avoid riding this spot, as its pretty boring, short trails and caters to the dentist crowd.

But found this...

Even the dentist trails don't deserve this type of treatment. The entire forest is a shitshow. At least 50% of the trails are completely gone.

The ride got my spirits up, though. Nothing cures the blues like a nice easy ride.

I then went and bought ALL of the Pink Lady apples at one of the grocery stores, because all other apples suck in comparison.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
But found this...
that was the state of the forest of a fire lookout i was looking for out in california last year....also the state of the forest near a lookout i was looking for in wyoming three years a go....which i hear is supposed to available for rent in the near future....

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Went to the Thuper Awethum trail to try out my new Maxxis Minion DHFs that I bought for riding in the mountains since it has actual roots'n rocks and Dirt Roadie unfriendly.

Been on Ardents for several years and wanted something with bigger knobs. They rock, better cornering and more stability in the rocks. A little bit slower going up, but a huge difference when it gets fast and rough.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
our worst stop...moving from chicago to charlottesville. horrible traffic out of chicago, forced stop in middle of ohio (zanesville?). perhaps the most sleepless/most siren-filled night i've ever spent.

as for today...will be happy to be home tomorrow night. 'squeeb better make sure my flight is trouble free.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
our worst stop...moving from chicago to charlottesville. horrible traffic out of chicago, forced stop in middle of ohio (zanesville?). perhaps the most sleepless/most siren-filled night i've ever spent.

as for today...will be happy to be home tomorrow night. 'squeeb better make sure my flight is trouble free.
when/were did you live in Chicago? :hmm:

AngryMetalsmith

Jun 4, 2006
Another Ardent lover comes out of the woodwork :D
They work great for "flow"/easy trails. Which, unfortunately is mostly what we have to ride locally.

But now I want a second set of wheels with rotors and cassette for trips to actual mountain biking trails since changing tubeless tires is a messy pain in the ass. Yes now let me just see where I left that spare stack of hundred dollar bills.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
I liked the Ardent for the rear, paired with w DHF. Faster rolling and enough cornering.
I still haven't put any miles on this rear Minion SS but it looks very promising too.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Went to the Thuper Awethum trail to try out my new Maxxis Minion DHFs that I bought for riding in the mountains since it has actual roots'n rocks and Dirt Roadie unfriendly.

Been on Ardents for several years and wanted something with bigger knobs. They rock, better cornering and more stability in the rocks. A little bit slower going up, but a huge difference when it gets fast and rough.
minions are awesome, water wet, sky blue. you been living under a rock?

i run maxxis advantage on the front of my trail bike (2.4) and xc bike (2.1). very pleased with them as someone with a strong DH background. don't corner quite as hard as minions, but suprisingly well for what's an XC tire. sadly the 2.4 size is no longer available, it is awesome.

i wanna give the minion SS a try as a rear tire once i killer my current tire (some intense semi slick).

AngryMetalsmith

Jun 4, 2006
minions are awesome, water wet, sky blue. you been living under a rock?

i run maxxis advantage on the front of my trail bike (2.4) and xc bike (2.1). very pleased with them as someone with a strong DH background. don't corner quite as hard as minions, but suprisingly well for what's an XC tire. sadly the 2.4 size is no longer available, it is awesome.

i wanna give the minion SS a try as a rear tire once i killer my current tire (some intense semi slick).

I ran Minions on my DH sled. It's just been a loooong time. They're just overkill for the sissy local stuff.