Quantcast

***Monday, Monday, MONDAY! gmt***

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Good Morning!

It's a beautiful day out there....why anyone would want to ruin it with work, is beyond me...but off we go anyways!

Making some refinements to a corner-wrap illuminated sign for an exterior wall at a golf resort this morning. I floated this idea for another area at the same resort, and they didn't go for it there - so I thought my idea was dead on the vine. They called earlier and said they had a great idea for a corner-wrap cabinet on one of their buildings and was wondering if we could design something like that....:rolleyes:

Long weekend of demo at the folks house damaged by the hurricane. Cut out subfloors, drywall and trim...hauled out a futon mattress that has been soaking wet for two weeks with poopy river water....smelled like a cow took a crap on a dead body. We needed a tractor to pull it out it was so heavy. Gross. Same goes for the freezer that was full of frozen menhaden for bait that was sitting in the sun for weeks...you don't get that smell to leave the surrounding air...it just...hangs.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Didn't realize it until after the drive home but between riding (including one g-out that almost bucked me) and the stupid non-trail crash it's quite painful to left my left arm above shoulder height. I can do it, just hurts a ton. Meh.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
good morning.
sick for a couple of days, missed yet another beautiful weekend. fml amirite?
Any chance you can break out for a lunch ride Wednesday or Friday? I'm probably going to be taking it easy what with the shoulder and raw bits of flesh, but I'll be out in your area.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
Turns out my bent hanger was actually a bent cassette.

How the hell does one bend a cassette? In any case, I pulled out the toolbox AKA “wallet” and fixed it.

I still haven’t test ridden my new brakes due to much family time and chidlin care.

Good thing it’s pissing with rain now. Nothing like a shakedown ride in the dark, in the rain!

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Might have to turn the house heating on from Thursday onwards...

Highs only in the 30's early next week and long range doesn't seem to be going much above 50 freedums.

Time to dig out some colder weather riding gear, so much for riding in the high 90's in Moab this past weekend.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Still cleaning up from Thurs/Frid - reporting now. Much less stressful now that I've had a mellow weekend to unwind.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
This cold is making me feel beyond tired. But thankfully my throat isn't too jacked up. My ears, though, damn! The things feel like they are filled with peanut butter.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Might have to turn the house heating on from Thursday onwards...

Highs only in the 30's early next week and long range doesn't seem to be going much above 50 freedums.

Time to dig out some colder weather riding gear, so much for riding in the high 90's in Moab this past weekend.
i'm ready for winter. bring it.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
I am a little worried about this winter as the new gas boiler and piping will come with a risk of new shenanigans. The gas is so much nicer than oil though, so much more quiet.
New frame arriving on Friday. Got to socialize the news with wifey before then - or not. :ph34r:

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
What part of it did you bend?
The 3rd and 4th cog from the top got pushed inboard. I tried to straighten it out but my shifting was still crappy. I cannot abide by skipped shifts and clickety-clackity gears. Kills my climbing mojo.

I did a bit of a clumsy hop around a stump on my last ride. I think I must of landed on top of the edge of it with my cassette, miraculously not smashing my RD in the process. Still not a cheap fix...

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Huh. That is odd how you could hit that but not the derailleur. Strong work, brother of MMike.

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali
Body seems to be revolting from too much partying and sending and not enough sleeping and recovering. Random stuff started swelling up over the weekend. One wrist, then the other, then my knee.

I think I need a rest week.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Got super high (12K) with my lady on Saturday, then camped here:

Watched my buddy Elroy start a fire with a Not A Flamethrower:

Drank some of Elroy's whiskey:

Rode in some aspens on Sunday:

Up to a sweet little cabin at 10k:

And enjoyed a ripping descent through aspens and wide open meadows:

Today? Asides from working... I'm shopping for new skis.