Quantcast

#&*^#*&%# Monday Monday Monday what is up my dudes #*&^#*&^#*&%^

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
weekend update: kind of a disappointment

headed down to the dealer I bought the car from to get my registration and inspection, only to find out that their inspection machine "wasn't working". This is car code for "our mechanic called in sick, fuck off". So, I drove 45m both ways for nothing. Although getting to enjoy the car a bit and some quiet without the kids was a treat.

Been chasing creaks and rattles in the new car more than I would like. It's still under warranty, but I don't want to go to the dealer...like at all. Tried some silicone lube on seals and silicone grease on the sunroof seals but it's hit or miss. It's a bigger car, but I'm surprised at the creaks when I go over seams and stuff. Chasing perfection is exhausting, I wish I could just give up.

Speaking of, after 10 weeks or so of 5-6 days a week of training, I tried another FTP test. It's up! by 4 watts. WTF. Pretty disappointing, maybe I'll have to try again as I'm a bit under the weather with a scratchy throat and haven't been sleeping well. I also should get back to just riding my bike for fun.

How was yours?

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Last PT today paid by the insurance so I will focus on doing the rest myself. We really gotten into the few daylight hours of the year so I would have to work with a lamp to do garden work after work. I think I need to hit the gym more often not to end up sleeping on the couch in the evenings.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. We adopted out one of the cats yesterday and the other is losing her fucking mind. Up at 4:55am (normally 5:55am, still early) because of the crying echoing through the vents from the basement. Busy work day today. Hoping to work on the cabinets some today but I can't seem to find my shims, so off to HD at some point.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Felling like a total loser this morning. Lost by 49 votes yesterday.
All of this means, more time to build and ride!

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
sorry Jozz, better luck next time! you ain't no loser around here.

Good morning. DST time change can F right off.
I need to burn a bunch of PTO before the year's end.

sunringlerider

Turbo Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
Corn Fields of Indiana
:wave:
Top of the mornin.
At it since 4 this morning. But, able to finish with my biodiesel pellet harvest. Fun fact the 2nd largest soy diesel plant on the Earf is where I get to dump my loads. Anyway got a zwift session in also.
7F609D70-E24A-4850-8508-4A5891B79AA8.jpeg

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Nah. You did more than 99.99999% of this country. You actually tried to be part of your community and ran for election. Try again next time. The Trumper battalion is strong right now. You were probably also going up against and rough slope.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Stoney, you do realize Jozz is in Canada?

I work a half day, which means I’m from home. Shall be watching baby and doing a zoom interview for part of this time.

youngest kid got out of bed around 6:15 to retrieve a fallen stuffed animal but she got it, returned to bed, and has been happily singing quietly since then, waiting for her ok to wake green light clock to turn on

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Stoney, you do realize Jozz is in Canada?

I work a half day, which means I’m from home. Shall be watching baby and doing a zoom interview for part of this time.

youngest kid got out of bed around 6:15 to retrieve a fallen stuffed animal but she got it, returned to bed, and has been happily singing quietly since then, waiting for her ok to wake green light clock to turn on
1. that's what I meant - your country
2. There's Trumper's there too, sadly.
3. I'm fucking tired. I've been up since 4:55am. Work with me here.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
:wave:

Today, I reckon, is Monday. Don't work too hard, there's still another 4 days to think about doing that.

May or may not have impulse purchased another knife. :monkeydance:

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
My Achilles is sore but much improved from yesterday ( Stepped in a hole in the dark). I have it nicely wrapped. Ruth is riding her horse and I am in the camper with the dogs.
You should talk to the medics about that. :D

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Me trying to understand the CapitalOne lady on the phone while discussing fraudulent charges on my card:

I think she ordered me a new card????
Citi ordered me a new card for a fraudulent charge in August. Still pending refund. I should call them...

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Very nice! I have a soft spot for Bark river knives and wanted something a little different this time.
Forest Scandi CPM 3V blade in white acrylic scales and crabon bolster.
Stock pic:
View attachment 167176
Ah, I've got a soft spot for Bark River too, despite them having having so-so reputation (owner that is, not the product).

Right now I only have a Gunny in A2, but I can't imagine that'll be my last.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Ah, I've got a soft spot for Bark River too, despite them having having so-so reputation (owner that is, not the product).

Right now I only have a Gunny in A2, but I can't imagine that'll be my last.
I was originally looking at a rampless Bravo EDC but - I already have 1/2 dozen smaller fixed blades that can be used as mini machetes and then I found the Forest scandi.