Quantcast

?> Monday? Yeah... <?

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Huh, would you look at that. The coworker who's somehow not gotten himself fired for years, despite some very questionable behavior, appears to have finally gotten himself fired.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
OK, what's Agile?
A development approach vs waterfall or other styles. I've been working in Agile since 2000.

We are currently working in 3 week sprints, tomorrow is most day sprint planning for the sprint that starts next Monday.

Last edited:

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Huh, would you look at that. The coworker who's somehow not gotten himself fired for years, despite some very questionable behavior, appears to have finally gotten himself fired.
what'd he do to finally cross that finish line?

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Waiting for wifey to get back from refilling water bottles then it's off to the 5-story free fall drop slide. She's not aware that she's doing this. :D

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Was supposed to be doing two different rides in Marquette today. Had to cut #1 slightly short as the weather moved in - monster t-storm. Second won't be happening. Hopefully better weather tomorrow as we move towards Copper Harbor

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
so it appears changing the circuit breaker in my panel did not fix the issue. an electrician is coming today... sigh. pissing money away sure feels great.
so the electrician is here now... apparently, I have an electrified neutral? if I understand correctly, there's 240v coming through the circuit... which is too much for anything to work properly. he's checking the receptacles to see if if can see where the problem is.

He also mentioned that our panel (a Federal Pioneer) has a recall on it, and should be replaced... the company has gone bankrupt a few times so the recall can't be enforced, and cost is to be borne by homeowners?

yay!

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Slow day so I grabbed another yard of river rocks to finish out the back yard. My back won't care for it, but it will be nice to be "done".

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
I have now sent the same email a dozen times this morning. Various recipients for various reasons, including resending the exact same information in a reformatted table because someone couldn’t be bothered to do the math.

1718649936945.jpeg

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
so the electrician is here now... apparently, I have an electrified neutral? if I understand correctly, there's 240v coming through the circuit... which is too much for anything to work properly. he's checking the receptacles to see if if can see where the problem is.

He also mentioned that our panel (a Federal Pioneer) has a recall on it, and should be replaced... the company has gone bankrupt a few times so the recall can't be enforced, and cost is to be borne by homeowners?

yay!
I thought you'd used an outlet tester. Wouldn't that have been exactly the kind of wiring error it should pick up?

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
yeah. but something's just
I thought you'd used an outlet tester. Wouldn't that have been exactly the kind of wiring error it should pick up?
yeah, but something's just not adding up. He's isolated each receptacle and tested them individually. Nothing obvious stood out, but things are working again. for now

He also found that my main panel is no longer grounded properly. He called it a "floating ground" I think? I guess during earlier renos, a portion of the copper water pipe that was used as the connection to ground was replaced with plastic pipe. In checking the circuit, he found that the neutral and ground had a voltage, and he thinks that's what might be causing it. He didn't have bare copper wire with him, so he has to come back. good times I tell ya.

Also, panel has corrosion on the inside. Likely because the connection through the foundation isn't sealed and insulated. Cold air coming in and meeting warm air from the house = condensation = rust. Luckily the terminals are good.

sigh.

So hot....... :dead:
yup. 83°F here now, but 99° with the humidity. this is going to be fun...

Last edited:

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
got the wifey a record player and some powered speakers for her bday. seemed funny since the only records in the house are my punk/hardcore collection, but i got her a few discs of artists she likes...kind of a gift for me too, eh?

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
Residential contractors are the fucking worst. It's never a guy who used to be a psychics professor, it's always some dumbass goober looking to do as little as possible and leave as soon as possible.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
One of my fingernails got peeled back, now I need to decide whether to trim it back and suffer the worst hang nail for months as it regrows, or just rip it out from the cuticle.

Spoiler alert, not the first time this has happened, rip it out.

Last edited:

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Pretty fun day our on the river yesterday, hit some BIG holes and no one died.

6d92f500a80a6435213dfb01cbf09a71.jpeg

My buddy Patricio just happened to see where the photoguy was posted up... classic.

0e29019b607fe88460e8c22ce49bc20e.jpeg

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
yeah. but something's just

yeah, but something's just not adding up. He's isolated each receptacle and tested them individually. Nothing obvious stood out, but things are working again. for now

He also found that my main panel is no longer grounded properly. He called it a "floating ground" I think? I guess during earlier renos, a portion of the copper water pipe that was used as the connection to ground was replaced with plastic pipe. In checking the circuit, he found that the neutral and ground had a voltage, and he thinks that's what might be causing it. He didn't have bare copper wire with him, so he has to come back. good times I tell ya.

Also, panel has corrosion on the inside. Likely because the connection through the foundation isn't sealed and insulated. Cold air coming in and meeting warm air from the house = condensation = rust. Luckily the terminals are good.

sigh.

yup. 83°F here now, but 99° with the humidity. this is going to be fun...
Federal Pioneer/Federal Pacific panels are notorious for failing and burning houses down. Get that thing replaced.

I just had mine replaced last year due to corrosion. The expense sucked, but it was long overdue.