Quantcast

** Monday **

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
comparatively warm at 41 vs the last two mornings in the mountains at 15..Espresso then out the door to start 12 straight days of work. sometime before it gets dark tonight I need to dump the waste tanks in the camper and get it ready to head out Friday night for an EMT standby weekend

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

Impromptu backyard chat with neighbors turned into up way too late and drinking too much. Woke up at 2:30 on the dot because fuck your daylight savings time. Liable to be an awful long day.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Good Monday morning, friends! Shitloads of sleep Friday and Saturday nights made last night's sleep a little choppy, but that's ok. Hit the pool this morning for 2600 yards, and Wife made us a 6:00 reservation for Wednesday morning too, which I would not have done since I expect the election to keep me awake a good chunk of the night. But whatever....I just put my head down and power through.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
We had a bear knock over our garbage bin last night, but we have a bear-proof bin. A bunch of our neighbors do not and there were lots of messes on our street this morning. LMAO a bear's gotta eat!!

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Good morning!

Commence doom scrolling. Estimated duration: 48 hours

Otherwise, not much going on. Other than work you know.

The house hunt continues...

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Taking the female kitten to the vet today. She's sick and losing weight, so off I go. Thankfully I have a gap in my schedule as I gave up my big temporary acct Friday.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
voting is done, kids are entertained, i should be working but I am going to anxiously do anything but. probably take a shitload of benadryl to sleep tonight and pray that tomorrow is easy!

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
patiently awaiting chuck/nancy 1000 year rule plan to be implemented....

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Did a bunch of wedding planny stuff over the weekend, also got in a misery walk and a bike ride. Kinda feel like I was hit by a truck, but starting to get back to it. Should probably try and get a ride in today or tomorrow or both. And probably Wednesday, pending whether or not there is widespread looting and rioting.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Fun fact, when reconnecting the battery on a 2008 era Honda Fit, the security system sets the horn off while you are under the hood with your head next to the horn and least expecting it. Crickey.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
For a fat guy, I'm starving.
All I had after my ride yesterday was a big bowl of french onion soup (which was amazing) so it's off for a pizza for this Monday's edition of "what's for lunch?"

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Good friend's husband's cousin dropped dead of a heart attacked while mountain biking in VT yesterday. Mid-40s, 2 kids.

Fuck me.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
My phone is blowing up today. Just had somebody complain that they couldn't understand the person they talked to Friday and wanted someone it the US.

We are 100% in the US. Our ex-US employees are only processing service requests from our US based employees. Our call centers are in MA, MN, CO, and MO. I told her in my nicest "Fuck off. Aren't you a teacher?" voice and she said that she'd call them back and hope to get someone else.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Scary shit. I personally know 2 people who have gone this way (one was even younger). Sorry about your friend. Condolences to his family.
Neighbor behind us died earlier this year after suffering a seizure in the middle of the night. 36 years old and in great shape. Left behind a 4 year old and an 18 month old, as well as a wife who just beat cancer.

To say you never know when your time is up is an understatement.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
My phone is blowing up today. Just had somebody complain that they couldn't understand the person they talked to Friday and wanted someone it the US.

We are 100% in the US. Our ex-US employees are only processing service requests from our US based employees. Our call centers are in MA, MN, CO, and MO. I told her in my nicest "Fuck off. Aren't you a teacher?" voice and she said that she'd call them back and hope to get someone else.
It can be a real issue though. I have a lot of trouble following people with accents on the phone - but I'd never call and bitch about not getting someone in Canada (they'd just forward you to someone in Quebec, lol).

Toss that in with people with shitty phone connections or headsets and its near impossible to hear what they're saying.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
It can be a real issue though. I have a lot of trouble following people with accents on the phone - but I'd never call and bitch about not getting someone in Canada (they'd just forward you to someone in Quebec, lol).

Toss that in with people with shitty phone connections or headsets and its near impossible to hear what they're saying.
I've had issues before as well. I've told the person directly "I'm sorry, but your accent is not one I can easily understand. Can you either please slow down and talk to me like I'm 6 or get someone else?" I do however always tell the person that it's my shortcoming to not understand it. I'm not a racist, I just know when I can't understand someone and will ask for help. But I will also ask where they are from, because I want to learn about their accent if it's stumped me. Like fucking Welsh people; they don't speak English.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
well today went to shit quickly. Client harassed an employee. complaint filed, meeting scheduled. Emergency action plan set up to deal with civil unrest post election ( my take if there is trouble in an area, we ain't showing up for non emergency transports)