Quantcast

Mondayest Tuesday

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

Boulder Bolder was pretty wild. I saw runners doing keg stands barely 2k in, and Satan handing out donuts somewhere around mile 4. Several slip and slides were set out. A fella could get absolutely hammered if he were to stop at every house handing out beer/shots along the route. My time wasn't great, and it was hot, but I had a pretty fun time. I might do it again and just do the party run instead.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Hey there, scrappy! I woke up with a stiff neck, which made for a very uncomfortable 4,000 yard swim, not to mention my arms were already tired from MTB yesterday. Got it done tho. I can't turn my head very far to the left now.

Be well, @johnbryanpeters

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Speaking of doctor crap, my girlfriend has been telling me to download and get on the Telus MyHealth app. I finally did yesterday and I now have a doctors appointment booked for Monday morning. Its a video call, but its a start. No idea how the app works, but it appears to be funded by the govmint? Anyways, as someone who doesn't have a family doctor and can't find one - this looks to be a good resource. They have mental health help stuff too. And the doctors can write prescriptions via the virtual appointments.

Much better than waiting for hours in a stupid walkin clinic, only to get referred to somewhere else.

Still in hospital, docs apparently want to remove a subdural hematoma.
What happened? Hope they are treating you well in there and the bed is comfy.

Same with @Adventurous speedy recovery for teh ankle tissues.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
ditto to "what happened" to jbp?!

/me is on a conference call for a new international group looking at AI for pancreatic cancer. I don't think I'll say much. actual work from 1-4:30ish pm from home later.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Got to ride this weird thing this weekend. May try it tomorrow at the local time trial. Front derailleur issues are non existent, rear needs a little tuning. Should be a good one

Attachments

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
did jbp's moustache pick a fight with someone?

i saw 2 rivians actually moving under their own power and not on a tow truck.

must be end times.

junkyard

You might feel a little prick.
Sep 1, 2015
San Diego
Good morning everybody!!! I’ve been busy the past few weeks. Stupid DA won’t call me back. Our work truck was recovered 2 hrs from San Diego and I’m subpoenaed in the case against dipshit. But I don’t want to drive down from Oregon, then up to Los Angeles for that shit.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Busy. All non-meetings time is spent studying now. Sitting on call right now for check-in from prep firm - he's laying into people who aren't at a certain point by now. I'm just behind that point, but there are people miles behind. I need to do less work and more studying.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
Whelp, looking like the ice maker on my Samsung fridge is well and truly borked. The fridge is two years old, so it's had a good run.

Fuck Samsung, they don't make a single good, or even acceptable product.

today was the first i saw their suv....looks like a ford edge...
You may want to see about a new pair of glasses. The Rivian is weird for sure, but looking like an edge?

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Whelp, looking like the ice maker on my Samsung fridge is well and truly borked. The fridge is two years old, so it's had a good run.

when we bought our fridge we also bought the extended warranty. replaced the icemaker 4 times under the warranty, which definitely made it worth it.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado

You may want to see about a new pair of glasses. The Rivian is weird for sure, but looking like an edge?
We said fuck it about the ice maker. It was too much to fix it, so we bought a countertop one.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
I like the look of the Rivian's, wife thinks they look like frogs or something.

Have they fixed the battery drain issues yet so they don't brick themselves if you park them for a couple of weeks at the airport?

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
when we bought our fridge we also bought the extended warranty. replaced the icemaker 4 times under the warranty, which definitely made it worth it.
Previous owners of our place picked the appliances, they chose....poorly. They also bought extended warranties for everything except the appliances, if my $80 sprinkler timer dies, I'm golden, the expensive stuff though? Nah.

We said fuck it about the ice maker. It was too much to fix it, so we bought a countertop one.
If I had a good spot to put it, and the stupid ice maker in the fridge didn't take up so much fridge space a nugget ice maker would be on my list. I'm knowingly falling into the sunk cost/sunk space fallacy, don't want that giant corner of my fridge to simply do nothing, it needs to be useful. One of my biggest issues is how much ice I use, I love ice, I drink so much ice water that I've been blamed for the last 3 Ca droughts, a dedicated ice maker that can keep up with my requirements would take up nearly my entire coffee zone.

"have you considered you know, just using less ice?"
Sounds like some commie bullshit to me. More ice is always the answer

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Our countertop one leaked about 18 months in. Costco replaced it, new one leaked about 18 months later. We bought a new fridge after that. We had needed a fridge for about a decade anyway.