Quantcast

***Mondays GMT***

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Had the best sleep with my post ride tired old body. Feel much better today. Spring is in the air this week so hopefully more good bike riding and just spending more time outside. Also going out for a paid dinner with a vendor tomorrow and actually looking forward to some good food.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
'Morning. It feels suspiciously like a Monday up in here. Skipping three morning swims last week in lieu of a fuckload of sleep was nice, but I was back in the pool this morning.

fucking leg pain overwhelmed the tylenol with codine last night.
Hope that pain subsides sooner rather than later.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Ass hurts from washing out on a big hip yesterday. On other news I can jump on my skis now.

Normal work day otherwise.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Ass hurts
Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen walk into a bar. They say to the bartender, “Give us two ass-hurts.” The bartender says, “How do you make an ass hurt?” The Olsen twins say, “Well, Bob Saget hands you a chocolate milk that he just made, and you wake up three hours later lying on your stomach.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Tired and sore from construction weekend. When I brought Frita home, I managed to pinch flat the rear tire on the curb. So my weekend started with me pulling that bitch off and taking it to Les Shwab.

When I picked it up, he said "you aren't driving this thing around, are you?" I told him it was just 2 miles from the storage to home. He said "I wouldn't leave town on this thing" :rofl:

I knew it needed tires before we took it anywhere. But now it seems they are higher on the list.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen walk into a bar. They say to the bartender, “Give us two ass-hurts.” The bartender says, “How do you make an ass hurt?” The Olsen twins say, “Well, Bob Saget hands you a chocolate milk that he just made, and you wake up three hours later lying on your stomach.
That's horrible. Mine has more to do with Haley cutting me off on that last hip in the video I posted. She cut me off right before the lip, forcing me to change directions to the left right before the lip. I ended up going off a bit wonky and landed at an angle catching an edge. It was that option or plow her down, so crash it was. We're working on always looking uphill and calling out dropping.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Kids off for the week. I am also off. I’m getting better at this not working thing.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
fucking leg pain overwhelmed the tylenol with codine last night. needless to say i did not sleep well. Wife made me some really good coffee before she headed off to work.
I'm pretty sure they put caffeine in those. Not sure why they would do that. I once asked a Doctor for pain meds to help me sleep (had a massive haematoma on my hip - pain was bearable during the day, but was tough going to sleep), and he prescribed those. Total waste of time since I didn't bother taking them because of the caffeine in them.

I had a pretty decent weekend overall. Saturday morning went with friends to a sugar shack. Not sure what you call in in 'Murica, but they must exist in ME, VT, NH. They're a staple on the east coast: when it's maple-syrup making time, you go to a place in the woods to gorge on pancakes, eggs, bacon, sausage, all cooked and drenched in maple syrup. :Alcoholic:

Then went skiing with my oldest. It was warm, but not warm enough to turn to corn. Still had a good time though.

We went skiing again on Sunday. It had warmed up enough that the snow softened. There's still full coverage, and spring corn in the trees made for a pretty epic day. :fans:

First day biking to school with the boys today. Cold AF (7°F), but they survived this pretty harsh winter walking to school so it was NBD for them. Today I will be ordering new bikes for the both of them:
for the 8 year old:

for the 6 year old:

Last edited:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I had a pretty decent weekend overall. Saturday morning went with friends to a sugar shack. Not sure what you call in in 'Murica, but they must exist in ME, VT, NH. They're a staple on the east coast: when it's maple-syrup making time, you go to a place in the woods to gorge on pancakes, eggs, bacon, sausage, all cooked and drenched in maple syrup. :Alcoholic:
yup. sugar shacks are a thing. in some places they are much like the proverbial shed.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
:rofl: truth.
my wife smoked her first cigarette on a grade 7 school trip to the sugar ~shack~ shed!:drag:
one of my cousins in Maine still taps the trees on their wood lot and makes syrup. he sends me maybe a half pint or pint a year of it. but if he has a sugar shack i've never seen it. he probably just boils it in the barn.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
own a toilet plunger
women call them coathangers.

jbp....sorry you have never known a woman to use a coathanger to clear a toilet....sometimes you just gotta macgyver that shit...

Last edited:

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

Off to Zion NP today! Gonna scope things out since we have to drop off the dogs at doggie daycare tomorrow. That should give us a free day to hike Angel’s Landinf and anything else in the park we can muster the energy for after.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Down here in freedom land for work (Texas). This is the airport that they fly into for NASCAR and there is a race this weekend. Hundreds of rental cars are staged and it’s looking to get crazier and crazier through the week. Should make for some good pictures.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
you should find some more internal positions to interview for
Honestly if our insurance wasn't so good and I didn't have 4 weeks of vacation... But then again I doubt the comp would be that much higher.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
I got rid of my crappy PC laptop at work and got a Mac Air. The PC kept having problems with sound and other small quirks but IT only offers crappy PCs so I found a way to get a Mac. Never had one before so we shall see how it goes. I really only use Chrome, Outlook and PowerPoint these days so I am sure the Mac will do just fine.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
I thought it was Sunday. I would have probably gone through the day believing it was Sunday had I not used the ATM and noticed the bank was open. The lapses in time I have been experiencing are beginning to be of concern.