Quantcast

***Mondays GMT***

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
:wave:

Week off, but I'll probably be working harder than I do at my job. Drywall to hang, cars to maintain, baby to prep for. Maybe some me time in there somewhere.

For now, it's off to the dealership to address a recall.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Half ironman yesterday, and so today I feel like I was hit by a truck. :dead: I had a good race though... Finished 28 overall. It took me 5:25. My swim is slow but I got through it, my bike was solid (18.8 mph, 56 miles, 3500' climbing), and my run was strong (1:40 half marathon). Glad that's done. Also glad I am working from home today.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
present. had a good grilled dinner last night with brownies for dessert. tried watching olympics closing ceremony, but switched to bobs burgers. was in bed early (for me at least). all 3 cats decided to come lay on the bed with me. they seem to be getting along nicely.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
fitting the cooling unit into the camper fridge today. Hopefully I have everything up and running by tomorrow.

On another note I was just asked to be the lead EMT for the California Dressage and USDF Region 7 Championships at the end of September. Its a 5 day event with over 350 horse and rider combinations. Quite the honor and it pays well too

Other than that it's: same shit different day

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
completely, 100%, UNmotivated. need to force myself to get to bed earlier. i'm in the habit of just staying up late and messing around and it's hard to get out of that rut for some reason. le ugh.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
completely, 100%, UNmotivated. need to force myself to get to bed earlier. i'm in the habit of just staying up late and messing around and it's hard to get out of that rut for some reason. le ugh.
I finally broke myself of the habit of staying up late and falling asleep on the couch.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Had a couple beers with @Westy and @Toshi last night. Originally thought that I'd be visiting more local monkeys when I started this semi-permanent nomad lifestyle but COVID kind of put a damper on that.

Workworkwork...

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Good job Babs.

Spent my whole weekend avoiding the toxic atmosphere, at least I've got work to look forward to today!
is there a colorado fire i have not heard about or just smoke blowing in from the west....

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Oh yea, I forgot about that. How is that working out so far?
Are you passing thru Colorado again any time soon?
We're enjoying it. A few months here and there seems like a good pace so far.

Right now we have the rest of the year planned out - we're near Seattle until the end of August, then in Wyoming for the rest of the year until we start back towards the east coast for the holidays. Next year we're going to start the year in the southwest and have a friend in Denver, so we may end up in the Denver area early next year.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
is there a colorado fire i have not heard about or just smoke blowing in from the west....
like SS I believe it's all blowing in. Denver had the "worst air quality in the world" over the weekend :rolleyes: but yea, it was awful down here. You could taste pollution.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Still picking out smoke boogers from Saturday. Bunch of work to do today. I need to spend a lot of time over the next month getting caught up on my CFP studies as I have a class test in one month and I'm about 4 weeks of study behind. Got MIL's cabinets and countertop finished yesterday - only trim left, so I can move on from that for a while.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
like SS I believe it's all blowing in. Denver had the "worst air quality in the world" over the weekend :rolleyes: but yea, it was awful down here. You could taste pollution.
You forgot the last 30 days as well...

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Hello all. Thanks for the beer, @binary visions . Unless I missed it before I arrived thanks to the West Seattle Bridge being out of commission I didn’t even hear one flaying + skinsuit joke from @Westy even

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Wyoming for the rest of the year
wind river range is a joy.....

not sure if you are in a van or pulling a trailer....check out rec.gov for any cancellations at sheep mountain lookout when you are in wyoming....still one of my favorite nights on vacation ever...

Last edited:

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
At home with a sick kid, half his daycare class has RSV, luckily he tested negative for that and Covid, so it’s just standard toddler mega-boogers.

Hoping he takes an epic nap and I have time to clean the garage and do a little maintenance on the road bike.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Morning. Had a productive meeting with the HS principal. I am stoked to work with him again....he actually asks for input and listens which is a refreshing change for me in the world of administrators. I am actually lucky that both my MS & HS principals are good guys to work for. Stupid hot & humid for the week so plenty of floating around in the pool planned. M-Ubering the girls to gymnastics tonight and getting groceries so hopefully there will be time for me to sneak in a short MTB ride as well.

Any new CRV owners have thoughts on roof side rails? Mine (2020 EX-L) didn't come with it and the new OEM ones are silver...I prefer black? I need to get some installed so I can get my roof rack on soon!

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I prefer not-work.

Alas.
I recently discovered that my company has a retiree medical plan option. If older than 55, with more than 10 years you can retire on the company health plan. The biggest hindrance to retiring early is healthcare - it's $15-20k/yr for a family on the open market. Company is less than $9k. That's still 15 years out, but puts me at FTS the day Hannah leaves for college. With Wifey's new promotion, I told her that we should finish up the projects she's really wanted (make her happy), but then bury the rest.

All with one goal - so I can get to, not-work.

Wingnut

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2003
Sorry, I'm Canadian ..sorry...
Here.

Back hurts from Allergie attack yesterday, set a new pb for sneezing.

Week off bikes last week has me short a week on my Great Cycling challenge, 450kms to go, 3 weeks to go.....

Bike will come with on hoidays and I can do some good make up rides.

Smoke off and on here, was super bad Saturday, hence allergie attack I think.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Hey monkeys. We has a useful amount of rain yesterday - about 1/3" over 90 minutes temps were in the 50s so a good amount was able to soak in. Cool and cloudy now but I am prepared to paddle the river when the sun breaks. If not I will do a quickie on the road bike.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Still picking out smoke boogers
the one thing i do not miss after 15 years of not working with show dogs and cleaning out the wood shavings in the runs....

saw dust boogers every fucking weekend....

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Not-work is definitely the dream. Healthcare is awfully expensive, though.

wind river range is a joy.....

not sure if you are in a van or pulling a trailer....check out rec.gov for any cancellations at sheep mountain lookout when you are in wyoming....still one of my favorite nights on vacation ever...
Cool, thanks for the tip. We're AirBnb'ing since my job requires fairly stable internet, and will be in Sheridan over by the Bighorn National Forest. Not too far from Sheep Mountain Lookout - I'll keep an eye out for cancellations.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
There is some sort of demonstration down at the end of the block. Lots of hooting, hollering and car honking. About 20 white women, most bleached blonde. Their signs are uniform and professionally printed. They say We (heart) something too small for me to read from a distance but I am guessing it's not abortion, Biden or vaccines. I could go down and look but maybe they'll make the news.