Quantcast

*+#Mondaze GMT#+*

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
yeah it's not that bad though. I've worked in terrible places...this isn't one of them...it's just chaotic. There's a lack of leadership for sure, but I enjoy nobody watching over my shoulder, reasonable pay, interesting work, challenging work, and vertical advancement....but I don't get feedback on performance, competitive bonuses, stock options that have value....I shouldn't describe it as toxic as much as "stupid". Not sure if that's better, I guess....hmmm...

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
yeah it's not that bad though. I've worked in terrible places...this isn't one of them...it's just chaotic. There's a lack of leadership for sure, but I enjoy nobody watching over my shoulder, reasonable pay, interesting work, challenging work, and vertical advancement....but I don't get feedback on performance, competitive bonuses, stock options that have value....I shouldn't describe it as toxic as much as "stupid". Not sure if that's better, I guess....hmmm...
everyone's got a price on how much stupid they're willing to tolerate

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
You've given your notice, even if you stay your management chain has that knowledge about you which will just hurt in the long run.

Besides, you said the new job is better for bike commuting. :D

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Stayed home today. Head and stomach feel off...….

...not sure if related to the huge edible I ate last night

Flo33

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2015
Styria
Just ate shit on my 5th ride after breaking my index finger 5 weeks ago. Reason - some dumbass placing a big branch in a blind spot turn after a step up and I was following my buddy really close and didn't see it in time. Front wheel washed out, tried to get it back but hit the deck with my whole right body side. Nice abrasions on forearm, elbow, hip and ankle. Nothing seriously swollen so far. :brow::stosh::shakefist:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
me: "hey person, please approve this form" <attaches form>
person: "i haven't seen it yet. have you seen it other approvers?
me: "I attached it to the last email" <<attaches prior email that includes form>>
person: "we can't mix electronic and wet signatures"
me: "there are no electronic signatures on the form"

the stupid. it burns.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
me: "I attached it to the last email" <<attaches prior email that includes form>>

the stupid. it burns.
:stupid:

Sometimes I think it's just me... but then I realize it's not. :homer:

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210

the stupid. it burns.
Received an email. The two other people cc’d on the email also forwarded it to me.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Yeah this whole counter offer thing sounds like as much of a cluster as the rest of the company is. Colleagues spent lunch talking about how terrible our operations group is. I think I needed that

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004

the stupid. it burns.
Wet signatures, acoustic bikes, buttered coffee.....the end is near.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
This was installed today. The Polish factory decided to make a different design choice and make the top green instead of just green on the inside which they then decided should only be partially green. Going to sand and hand paint it myself.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
So my start date is Monday. I did the assessment for this other gig. Am I applying for a job, or taking the SAT? First was an untimed 1-5 Always true vs Always false series of questions like:
Do you procrastinate?
Or
Do you feel you have reached a level of success as your peers?

I mean, there are very few times where I will say a situation is ALWAYS TRUE/FALSE.

This was followed by 50 questions in 15 minutes, no calculators.

If Sally has 3 apples and Billy has 2 pears, how much change is in Jack's front pocket?

$.63

Or

FAT is to OBESE as...
SHIT is to SHARTED.

I didn't get my score but answered 44/50. It was quite the experience.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
So my start date is Monday. I did the assessment for this other gig. Am I applying for a job, or taking the SAT? First was an untimed 1-5 Always true vs Always false series of questions like:
Do you procrastinate?
Or
Do you feel you have reached a level of success as your peers?

I mean, there are very few times where I will say a situation is ALWAYS TRUE/FALSE.

This was followed by 50 questions in 15 minutes, no calculators.

If Sally has 3 apples and Billy has 2 pears, how much change is in Jack's front pocket?

$.63

Or

FAT is to OBESE as...
SHIT is to SHARTED.

I didn't get my score but answered 44/50. It was quite the experience.
The fun part is, top execs typically never have to go through this bullshit, and even if they do, their results are largely ignored.

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
Present. Good day yesterday. Got up early to do a pre dawn lap and test the lights out before some night rides. Then did another ride lap with some buddies and a few new guys. There was some puking and walking and swearing. No particular order. Signed my oldest up with me for a 5k charity bike ride this weekend. It’s a closed course right by our house and for our school district. I usually try to avoid it since it’s just insanity, but he asked to do it and is really excited. We are close enough we can just ride over there and not have to deal with parking and all that so it shouldn’t be too bad. On a positive fitness goal, dropped below 230lbs for the first time in a long time and weighed in at 228 after the ride. Feelin’ pretty spry lately.

Attachments

ugh. I'm sitting here bleeding from the scrot and my manager is trying to counteroffer the new position. I know that it's a horrible idea, but it's going to be a hard decision if he comes back with the next level up. It's hard for a person without an advanced degree to move up to that level in my industry...that's pretty fucking enticing, and not leaving all the friends and work life comfort I have here....ugh
Once you make the decision to go, go. If they give you the promo, they'll hold a grudge.

It really looks like shed is going to be finished and Conex emptied this week. I am in shock.