Quantcast

***Mondaze GMT***

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Well I have not had a gig since June of 2018, owing to the year plus road trip, so I've attempted to rectify that through writing personalized cover letters explaining my absence from the work place. Mixed reactions so far on that one. I guess taking a year off to travel doesn't exactly label me as being a career oriented go-getter.

Oddly enough, it seems as if I have accrued enough skills to qualify myself for a lot of positions, but not enough to make myself desirable to fill such positions. Proficient in a lot, master of none.
personalized cover letters eh?
maybe I should try that.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
also wind is HOWLING out there today. What's the report up top @6thElement ? Any flying cows spotted?
(or flying spotted cows, for that matter?)
Excessively windy outside currently, no airborne bovines to report though.
Bicycles will not be ridden outside today, but I've got two drivetrain swaps to do and a set of brakes to fit so I guess that will occupy me later instead.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
My former-work buddy (not former work-buddy) invited me to his ski cabin across from Sugarloaf in maine. Wife goes away for a week long conference in a few weeks, I should be able to negotiate a weekend away filled with booze and occasional skiing. dope.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Took delivery of our new bed at 9:00 this morning. I could have gone to work after, but LMFAO at that idea. Then I went for a run, and tripped at fell at mile 1, which I probably deserve for doing something stupid like running 14 miles.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Well I have not had a gig since June of 2018, owing to the year plus road trip, so I've attempted to rectify that through writing personalized cover letters explaining my absence from the work place. Mixed reactions so far on that one. I guess taking a year off to travel doesn't exactly label me as being a career oriented go-getter.

Oddly enough, it seems as if I have accrued enough skills to qualify myself for a lot of positions, but not enough to make myself desirable to fill such positions. Proficient in a lot, master of none.
Have you considered IT? Nobody has ever given a fuck about my "leave of absences" in this line of horrible, well-paying work.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Proficient in a lot, master of none.
Story of my career. I would think the cover letter would help. I for one don't write them in general. I had to write 2 as required for 2 spots.

I am envious of your travels and wish I could do the same. But I lack the funds to pay my child support without a source of income.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
First "official" job interview of this spell of unemployment this coming Thursday... neat.

also wind is HOWLING out there today. What's the report up top @6thElement ? Any flying cows spotted?
(or flying spotted cows, for that matter?)
Rode up north of Boulder :fancy: today and the wind nearly blew my into some rocks. Very strong, very cold, and very sidewards.

yee fucking haw.
still sore from saturdays ski at Loveland. unexpected pow day. about 8 or so of settled 2 day old un skied, crusty on top, made for some surfy-laid back turns off chair 8. warm temps too. I have a nice 7 days in so far with some decent shnow. Im happy.
workin' on some 11th hour, trade show content bullshit. yay coffee.
You pick the one day of the year when we all head to the Jane. WTH, man?

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
First "official" job interview of this spell of unemployment this coming Thursday... neat.

Rode up north of Boulder :fancy: today and the wind nearly blew my into some rocks. Very strong, very cold, and very sidewards.

You pick the one day of the year when we all head to the Jane. WTH, man?
I can't afford the Jane anyway. Only have a Loveland pass this season. But that would have been fun. :(

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
I was all dreamy playing with the Piglets and not paying attention to Mom. She came charging up on me and stopped just short. Nose to snout. Heart rate up on the way home. I gave her a few extra slices of Bologna to reward her for not killing me. Her name is Karma...

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Do they recognize you?
momma?
I think they do. I am trying to not get attached to them. I have resisted giving them names. I can hear them squealing when I am outside the pen. I am failing miserably. Once again I forgot the Oat bucket in the pen. They were in a frenzy when I got back with the full bucket. I ran one of Moms piglets over with the tractor last year. I think she hates me because I killed Cindy Lou. This is Kennedy's first year in 4H. Care of them will be her responsibility starting next week. Driving 20 miles each way everyday to take care of them is getting old.