Quantcast

***Mondaze GMT***

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Hello all. I hope you left milk and cookies out for Snoop Dogg last night.

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
In honor of this day I picked up this vintage art deco Federal mercury glass ashtray for $14 off fleabay. I don't know why it was so cheap, I've seen a single mercury glass candlestick holder go for $150. I guess people don't buy ashtrays anymore. I love the art deco style in all of its forms.

Screen Shot 2020-04-20 at 9.38.08 AM.png

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
I used to have an antique straight razor. For the life of me I couldn't get it sharp enough to shave with. I ended up giving it to the woman who used to cut my hair.
Sharpening straight razors is nothing like knives. The knife guys always think they can hone them, but razors are different. The dead giveaway is they test it with their thumb like they are Paul Bunyan sharpening an axe. You don't touch the edge of a finished razor. You also need special stones, I have Naniwas. The highest grit is 12000 and that isn't even the final step.

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
I am not that monocle. My most expensive razor is a then-new Wacker Jungmeister 7/8 full hollow.
While looking it up, I just found this. I have a soft spot for shoulderless blades. https://thesuperiorshave.com/product/rasoir-sabre-france-le-grand-turc/
Wackers are nice. I don't know if I even own a modern straight. Maybe something from the 70s. I do collect modern DEs to some extent. Looking a Ti Timeless when my ebay sales finish.

edit: Just got a message from some dreamer asking if I could sell it to him cheaper cause he really wants one of these. lol

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Work from home today, yay. Two meetings down and a few more tasks and then I shall twiddle my thumbs while watching youtube and moving my mouse very 5 minutes to keep my skype icon green and not "away".

Lady friend's clinic has changed to shift work, so now she is home, off work, until Wednesday. Woot...maybe? She wants to go riding this afternoon, which if nothing is happening at work, I might just go and do as well.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Had somebody ask me questions about the paint on the car and the second owner of the car showed up and answered the question. Internet fist-bump to the Richard from Morgan Stanley FTW!