Quantcast

***Mondaze GMT***

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
Speaking of which, what can we do with these allen keys?

I have two sets of Bondhus ones that are useless, as I lost the 6mm for both and the 4/5mm have both worn down over time.

If the allen keys in question are made of hex stock like most are, cut the end off, now it's not worn out anymore. Or just quit being a cheapass and throw them away and/or buy replacements for the worn out ones https://www.mcmaster.com/allen-keys/l-keys-9/

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
If the allen keys in question are made of hex stock like most are, cut the end off, now it's not worn out anymore. Or just quit being a cheapass and throw them away and/or buy replacements for the worn out ones https://www.mcmaster.com/allen-keys/l-keys-9/
True cutting them off or replacing is one idea.

I replaced them with a different set from Bondhus, with whatever finish BriteGuard is. It seems to be much more durable than their black keys. I protect these like a fat kid on candy, so hopefully never have to worry about them again. :)

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
strava = kill list
Segment time dick-waving isn't necessary with Strava. Take that away and it's like Garmin Connect only more useful and accepting of more data sources (from Garmin, from their Watch or phone apps directly), via file import, via other APIs).

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Segment time dick-waving isn't necessary with Strava. Take that away and it's like Garmin Connect only more useful and accepting of more data sources (from Garmin, from their Watch or phone apps directly), via file import, via other APIs).
since i already have garmin it sounds awfully redundant.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
hey does anyone know @Jm_ 's real name? he's doing the iditarod trail race, there's a thread in the xc forum keeping track of the race

look for dude with Camaro 1LE. My google-fu is strong.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
since i already have garmin it sounds awfully redundant.
I don't own a Garmin, and I'm finding it hard to justify shelling out for one. Strava is perfect for logging miles ridden, giving thumbs up, and seeing how fast it's possible to ride a particular section.

EDIT: Am I missing out on anything by not having a Garmin? Other than perhaps stroking one out to my FTP numbers?

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
I don't own a Garmin, and I'm finding it hard to justify shelling out for one. Strava is perfect for logging miles ridden, giving thumbs up, and seeing how fast it's possible to ride a particular section.

EDIT: Am I missing out on anything by not having a Garmin? Other than perhaps stroking one out to my FTP numbers?
If you're recording via Strava on your phone, the main thing a Garmin will give you is redundancy in not wearing out your phone battery so its still functional if you need to make an emergency phone call.

Along with other obvious benefits, e.g. having the map on your handlebars when riding in new places.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
A good day turned into a shitty day. I tried my best. New day tomorrow.
I have mixed feeling about today. We are done with our 30 days with no alcohol so I was able to drink a nice strong IPA, on the other hand I had promised my girlfriend that I would do 30 days of yoga with her. Have a girlfriend they said...

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA

For me, the convenience of having topo maps, marked trails and my track right on my wrist is invaluable. Fuck riding with a phone in my pocket and taking it out every time I want to see where I am.

Add the fact it acts as a pretty good smartwatch and mp3 player helps justify the cost.

Last edited: