Quantcast

***Mondaze GMT***

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Two days at the track and it was fucking hot. 100* both days and wind only on Saturday. Haley was ruined by 2/3 of the way through Sunday, but still was able to work on focus points (we stopped caring about time vs. sections). Four days of work then Friday it's off to CoSprings for a double-header race. Haley got invited by some friends to Supernats in Las Vegas in November and the Rotax US Trophy Final in August. Discussing it with Wifey and figuring it out with work.

Hannah needs to move out of swim lessons onto a team. She's too good of a swimmer and their program isn't built for individual training. She's fighting it, but I think that's just where we are at now. That's also part of my week's to-do list.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Slept okay, my bike sensed my extra potential and the hub shit out.
Manufacturer is sending me new bits as they believe the drive rings have uneven hardness, shit happens.
I was just happy to get an email where somebody admitted there is/was an issue and didn't get the usual "We've sold hundreds of these and this is only the second one to fail in 43yrs , are you sure you didn't............?"

4xBoy

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2006
Minneapolis
Was home and found out my gf in high school died a few months ago, months earlier her brother died, last summer her dad also.

Not shocked I guess, just strange to hear.

Lost power for 17 hours yesterday. That sucked but could have been worse.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
howdy all

drove up to Mountain States Toyota then rode back home. (PPI for the Land Cruiser for the auction that ends Wednesday, and seeing if they can get the TPMS sensors to pair and get that light off on the dashboard. $450, oof.)

working 4-10 pm from home.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
dropped my oldest off at a canoe camp yesterday. he'll be tripping for a week. youngest forgot to take his meds yesterday and he was fucking bouncing off the walls and being an absolute hyper ball of energy, like a bouncy ball with eternal kinetic energy.

biked to work this morning, it was humid. Locking my bike to the font fence, the harassment by the guards has now begun. First we were kicked out of the garage (over the winter). Bike racks were moved outside, but to the front of the building. Then a couple of weeks ago they moved the racks to the back of the building. And now they're telling us they don't want our dirty ugly bikes in the front of the building. That's how you encourage active transportation?! assholes. I work at Environment Canada. On climate change. One of my files is transportation (as in, trying to decarbonise transportation, including active transportation). Why the fuck do I even do this job when even my own employer doesn't give a rats ass?!

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
dropped my oldest off at a canoe camp yesterday. he'll be tripping for a week. youngest forgot to take his meds yesterday and he was fucking bouncing off the walls and being an absolute hyper ball of energy, like a bouncy ball with eternal kinetic energy.

biked to work this morning, it was humid. Locking my bike to the font fence, the harassment by the guards has now begun. First we were kicked out of the garage (over the winter). Bike racks were moved outside, but to the front of the building. Then a couple of weeks ago they moved the racks to the back of the building. And now they're telling us they don't want our dirty ugly bikes in the front of the building. That's how you encourage active transportation?! assholes. I work at Environment Canada. On climate change. One of my files is transportation (as in, trying to decarbonise transportation, including active transportation). Why the fuck do I even do this job when even my own employer doesn't give a rats ass?!
open a file on the guards and the situation.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
:wave:

Last day of vacation with my side of the family. Wife is ready to go home and has vowed never again.

Did some jumping into a water hole yesterday. 23' maybe? Felt like a long way. The sensitive skin today backs that up.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Or you could say screw training and let her enjoy it rather than getting into competitive horseshit.
I'm not trying to push her into racing. The next "step" for her to keep learning her swimming is to be in a team - even if she doesn't race. A lot of it is about burning her energy levels with a mentally focused activity/sport. Dr. wants her to keep doing it and gymnastics because it teaches her some social parameters and guidance, and it is heavy physical activity to wear her out.

If she doesn't want to race, that's fine. We just need to get her moving forward with other kids, now that she can. She's 6.5 and can swim fucking butterfly - she doesn't need lessons anymore, she needs group interaction.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I'm not trying to push her into racing. The next "step" for her to keep learning her swimming is to be in a team - even if she doesn't race. A lot of it is about burning her energy levels with a mentally focused activity/sport. Dr. wants her to keep doing it and gymnastics because it teaches her some social parameters and guidance, and it is heavy physical activity to wear her out.

If she doesn't want to race, that's fine. We just need to get her moving forward with other kids, now that she can. She's 6.5 and can swim fucking butterfly - she doesn't need lessons anymore, she needs group interaction.
if she can swim butterfly, the coach will make her race. just saying.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Afternoon. Spent the past 24 hours and counting with my nephew. He is busy (to say the least) and most definitely needs more social interaction with kids, but we have had fun. Might get out for a ride tonight, but depends on if the storms pop up as predicted.