Quantcast

{#} mondazed gmt {?}

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Thankfully the wind has stopped. we got hit by 50 mph guts. trees down all over. Sierras got hit by winds up to 209 mph (Kirkwood ski resort). My day has started off well. Woke up to a text that my first two and last two transports are canceled. So I start work at 8:45 and finish at 3:45 WIN Oh and it's a 4 day work week. the 12th is my 20th anniversary and we are heading off to the Mendocino Coast for 4 days

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
I got a “What’s your best price?” question on eBay for the bike I’ve been trying to sell for a few months. I’m negotiable on price to a degree, but would rather not negotiate on eBay due to fees and such. Gotta figure out a sneaky way to get him to see an ad posted somewhere else...

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
I got a “What’s your best price?” question on eBay for the bike I’ve been trying to sell for a few months. I’m negotiable on price to a degree, but would rather not negotiate on eBay due to fees and such. Gotta figure out a sneaky way to get him to see an ad posted somewhere else...
Send me his contract info. I'll tell him.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
fuck that shit. i don't deal with buyers that ask that kind of nonsense.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Send me his contract info. I'll tell him.
Would this work? Hmmm... I’m gonna try to hint that he should look me up on Pinkbike under same username first. Then, maybe?

fuck that shit. i don't deal with buyers that ask that kind of nonsense.
Normally I would prefer not to either. My standard is to politely tell them they are welcome to make an offer, and I might counter or accept. That’s how negotiation works. Sometimes I just quote the price in the ad as my “best” price and let them figure it out. But right now, selling this bike would be a pretty big benefit for me, being unemployed and all. That said, it’s in good shape, ridden less than a year, and I want the best price I can get for it... old tech or not.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Would this work? Hmmm... I’m gonna try to hint that he should look me up on Pinkbike under same username first. Then, maybe?

Normally I would prefer not to either. My standard is to politely tell them they are welcome to make an offer, and I might counter or accept. That’s how negotiation works. Sometimes I just quote the price in the ad as my “best” price and let them figure it out. But right now, selling this bike would be a pretty big benefit for me, being unemployed and all. That said, it’s in good shape, ridden less than a year, and I want the best price I can get for it... old tech or not.
yea, i tell 'em to pound sand or just list the ad price. i used to tell them if they were seriously interested to make an offer in response to the list price, but i just don't bother anymore. nowadays anyone that asks "what's the lowest you're willing to go" doesn't even get a response.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

Off to the LBS for some Stans today, maybe a new rear tire today that is better suited for MA riding.

The car I checked out yesterday was a bit more beat than 104K would suggest. And it had water in the boot ala @jimmydean. I passed. The search continues, perhaps with expanding search criteria to include automatics.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Red Fox standing by.

Back to the salt pit after a week of fun. I got exactly 300 e-mails while I was away, which seems like an incredibly low number. I had to confirm my box was not full and rejecting anything new.

I hit the treadmill early this morning due to 35 degree rain, and I had to take a dump halfway through my 7 mile run.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Mornin!

Off to the LBS for some Stans today, maybe a new rear tire today that is better suited for MA riding.

The car I checked out yesterday was a bit more beat than 104K would suggest. And it had water in the boot ala @jimmydean. I passed. The search continues, perhaps with expanding search criteria to include automatics.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

My gut is on strike it seems. I spent a lot of time on the can last night. Taking a sick day to give my ass a break.

Spent many hours at the Lumberyard with Lil Man. Since I broke down and got Bman a helmet, he got to ride, too. It's been about 15 years since he's been on a bike, it was hilarious watching his first run.

I brought the 18 with me, but it is still a little too big, but he dug it.

IMG_20200209_122731.jpg

Montana rider

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2005
Having spent the weekend working and chipping a toof my legs aren't shredded yet...

Time to make the 1̶0̶ ̶m̶i̶l̶e̶ ̶/̶ ̶2̶ ̶h̶o̶u̶r̶, errr 10 mile / 20 minute drive to shred 8" of freshie at Bridger ;)

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
My back-side hurts, like I have a kidney stone not playing nicely. I am not looking forward to this being a thing, if it's a thing.

Wifey is still trying to find projects for you. Shitbox repetitive design work she doesn't want to do most likely, but she's trying.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
I’m struggling with the pointless processes on this new project more than usual today.

Glorified babysitting of a team of consultants to tour a facility for which they have supposedly already done the design.

Could be worse I guess. I just have other shit to do...

2 days to Hawaii. I’m pretty sure I’ll make it.

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
yea, i tell 'em to pound sand or just list the ad price. i used to tell them if they were seriously interested to make an offer in response to the list price, but i just don't bother anymore. nowadays anyone that asks "what's the lowest you're willing to go" doesn't even get a response.
Without fail, they are looking for less than the least amount you were even thinking about taking for whatever item it is. My standard response is usually just for fun. 'What's the most you are willing to pay?'.

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
Yesterday was good. Left my house, had an awesome ride at Mt. Wilson, while apparently it proceeded to pour rain all morning at my house only 45 min away. Was a little overcast, but conditions were prime for the ride.

And doubly stoked, just booked a second Whistler trip for the summer in Sept. Already going in July with my family and just booked with a couple buddies. Round trip ticket for $150 on Air Canada!

Attachments