Quantcast

{#} mondazed gmt {?}

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
got a recognition award for a project at work. not actual cash anymore, but now points for stuff through some store. at first i was a bit bummed because i like money, but then i realized that the cash was taxed, whereas the points are not, so i net out with more at the end. poked around the rewards store website, espresso maker or an 8 piece wusthof set?

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Alright, accounting says up to $500 a year is non taxable.

My work gets around this by calling it a work laptop, tablet or phone. But I never have to bring them back.
ah the pieces fall into place. there *is* a tier of cash rewards, but that starts over $500, so given the tax aspect that now makes much more sense.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
espresso maker options for the other nerds here. nothing super high level here, but google seems to indicate they are at least reasonably capable of making a decent shot

delonghi EC702
capresso EC Pro with capresso infinity grinder
capresso cafe pro

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
got a recognition award for a project at work. not actual cash anymore, but now points for stuff through some store. at first i was a bit bummed because i like money, but then i realized that the cash was taxed, whereas the points are not, so i net out with more at the end. poked around the rewards store website, espresso maker or an 8 piece wusthof set?
I also get awards to the company store. I get a paystub each time. Company covers the estimated tax value. As I refuse to buy anything with the company logo on it they get exchanged for Amazon gift certificates.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Trip to the LBS netted 0 tires, because all they carry now are the tires designed for wide rims, which I of course don't have cause my bike is more than a few years old.

Grrr. As I get back into this whole bicycle thing I'm realizing my shit is like 2 generations behind.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Trip to the LBS netted 0 tires, because all they carry now are the tires designed for wide rims, which I of course don't have cause my bike is more than a few years old.

Grrr. As I get back into this whole bicycle thing I'm realizing my shit is like 2 generations behind.
what do you want/need fo' tires? I might have something for you.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes

ha, by the time you get up to date, your shit will be already fucked.

I spent oodles on my last bike. My shit is now fucked and I'm resigned to it simply being fucked. Fuck it. Still an awesome bikes. I'll go around buying up some other slobs sloppy seconds and riding 99.14% fast because I don't has boost hunbs.

Also can somebody kick customs' ass right now? My box-o-german-parts ist bein ein stuck at the docks.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
espresso maker options for the other nerds here. nothing super high level here, but google seems to indicate they are at least reasonably capable of making a decent shot

delonghi EC702
capresso EC Pro with capresso infinity grinder
capresso cafe pro
Does any of those have a compartment for whale blubber or yak butter? Asking for a friend.
What tire sizes are you looking at?

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
what do you want/need fo' tires? I might have something for you.
I've spent the past 10 years riding some combination of a DHF, High Roller, or e13 TRS. 2.35" x 27.5". Folding. The e13 was my favorite actually, so I may order a few through Jenson since they are cheap atm.

Does any of those have a compartment for whale blubber or yak butter? Asking for a friend.

What tire sizes are you looking at?
27.5 x 2.35. Landrys in Norwood had zilch. Looking to get something with a bit more knob than the semi-slick I have out back right now.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
ha, by the time you get up to date, your shit will be already fucked.

I spent oodles on my last bike. My shit is now fucked and I'm resigned to it simply being fucked. Fuck it. Still an awesome bikes. I'll go around buying up some other slobs sloppy seconds and riding 99.14% fast because I don't has boost hunbs.

Also can somebody kick customs' ass right now? My box-o-german-parts ist bein ein stuck at the docks.
I have no illusion of ever being caught up. The industry is far too annoying and expensive for me to play that game. But, for instance, my current bike has a King wheel set in 12 x 142. Is it too much to ask for an axle conversion to adapt those to Boost 148? Or for my PF92 BB to be relevant for more than 1 season?

It doesn't seem like I'm asking too much as a consumer for "standards" to be relevant for more than 2 years, and to expect some measure of backwards compatibility when they arent.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Looking to get something with a bit more knob than the semi-slick I have out back right now.
That is a ... sentence with a high quotable potential. :D
JRA in Medford should have a wider selection of narrow tires. It is right off I93, make sure to visit on Wednesday.
Let me check my stash of "ridden once" tires, I may have something suitable for you. Are you currently running tubes or tubeless in ze rear?

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
That is a ... sentence with a high quotable potential. :D
JRA in Medford should have a wider selection of narrow tires. It is right off I93, make sure to visit on Wednesday.
Let me check my stash of "ridden once" tires, I may have something suitable for you. Are you currently running tubes or tubeless in ze rear?
Tubeless.

Perhaps I'll give JRA a shot then. May as well since I'll be north of the city.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
what's your rim inner diameter? i run dhf wt on my ex471s, which are fine-just slightly rounder/taller than they would be on 30+ id rims...
Pretty sure they are Stans Arch or Arch EX rims, which would give them an internal width of either 19 or 21mm, which may as well be a road bike in today's world.