Quantcast

$$$ mondedp $$$

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
'Morning, kids! It's my usual Monday work from home day. Our new and permanent flex work policy has been announced, and we'll be allowed to work from home twice a week, plus flex schedule the other three days. Full time work from home would be nice, but this is still two more days a week at home than I was doing for the previous 25 years of my professional career.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
:wave:

Slept poorly, weird dreams. Bleh....
Me, too. Aya wanted her water bottle filled at 4 AM (but thankfully went right back to sleep) and had unsettled dreams all night.

And now one of my co-workers has called in sick. He’s the slow one so we were already going to be effectively short. Now we will be legit short staffed so I’ll have to actually read at full speed instead of faffing about and doing car purchase math or whatever

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Today will be soul crushingly busy - nonstop from 8:15-5 with only an hour I built in for lunch at noon. Add that my voice is giving out and it's gonna be rough.

Got a really nice Arc'teryx shell yesterday to replace my Columbia that now absorbs water. I think I'm going to order a Backcountry branded and Flylow too, just to check the fit. I ski with a pack on (lunches and peeling layers mostly), so I need something that works well with a pack.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
And now one of my co-workers has called in sick. He’s the slow one so we were already going to be effectively short.
We have 8 people out right now with COVID. A mix of vaccinated people and "iT's JuSt tHe fLu!" MAGA types. Half of the day shift hangar crew is out and we were already short handed. :rofl:

Meanwhile; in my troll hole under gate 7

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
:wave:

Plucked 3 ticks off my jacket after yesterday's hike. God damned parasites.:rant:

Deer hunting opens today. May try and sneak outta work early and get in an hour or two in the woods.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
don't wash your ski clothes too often, and then only use DWR safe product.
I don't. And even then I use the green label - purple label combo for water proofing. I got it when I moved here and I think it just exhausted it H2O threshold. For dry snow or on-trail days it's fine, but anything else it becomes a cold problem.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
At work, fuck.

Two buddies did a 160km ride yesterday, which is impressive enough. But they also had pissing rain, snow and wind to deal with. The picture of one of them, with plastic bags coming out of his shoes/boots is epic. :rofl:

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Disassembling my bike and delivering squishy bits to Dirtlabs for service today. Then hunting for a door at the building materials recycle place, then Costco, then maybe a haircut. We just launched a new version of the software I work on, and we’re getting flooded with actionable feedback so work is on pause for a day or two while our product manager sorts out what the team needs to prioritize working on.

Went for a real nice ride yesterday, saw @6thElement and his missus on said ride. Then ran into a bunch of peeps including @Nick at the brewery after. It’s nice being in the Golden area for a couple days, but I’m missing Teh Spousal Unit.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
with plastic bags coming out of his shoes/boots is epic. :rofl:
or this

guy at gas station yesterday with iv bag hanging out of bottom of sweatshirt on each hip like holsters....one had gold liquid in it...

file under zero fucks to give...

or poor life drcisions...

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Bike lights. The maker of my lights went under a few years ago and there are no suitable 18.5V Li-Ion packs on the market, DIY is the only route to keep them going.
Ah yes. I suspect I may be in the same boat soon. I might even have been there this year as some of my battery packs are about 10 years old, but I wasn't able to ride this season...

I wouldn't even know where to begin to fix that, but luckily I have a couple of buddies who are handy at that sort of thing.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Here. Today will be soul crushingly busy - nonstop from 8:15-5 with only an hour I built in for lunch at noon. Add that my voice is giving out and it's gonna be rough.

Got a really nice Arc'teryx shell yesterday to replace my Columbia that now absorbs water. I think I'm going to order a Backcountry branded and Flylow too, just to check the fit. I ski with a pack on (lunches and peeling layers mostly), so I need something that works well with a pack.
I've had one of their mono-fill jackets for more than 10 years, tough and better than down. :thumb:

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
well hello there friendarinos

had a shit weekend after my manager effectively said she didn't think I was doing a good job. Sulking and miserable for much of it. Had a mediocre road ride where I set several new PRs and garmin thinks my FTP went up. Had a playdate with the kid and her new friend, and got to hang out with the dad and he's an pretty cool guy, so that was nice. Then this morning my boss' boss says she thinks I'm doing a great job and doesn't know what's happening. So yeah, but of a mindfuck.

Oh well, wish I could just ride bikes.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
We just launched a new version of the software I work on, and we’re getting flooded with actionable feedback so work is on pause for a day or two while our product manager sorts out what the team needs to prioritize working on.
That sounds ... unfortunate for the product manager. Unless this situation is of their own making, which I suspect isn't entirely the case.
which light(s) do you have?
Trailled XXX
Ah yes. I suspect I may be in the same boat soon. I might even have been there this year as some of my battery packs are about 10 years old, but I wasn't able to ride this season...
Assembling battery packs isn't rocket science but I have no interest in setting my place on fire or ending up with burns which is always a risk when soldering a bunch of polymer Li-Ion cells together, especially for such a talentless hack like me.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Just had a lot of habanero hot sauce with me lunch quesadilla. My face hurts right now. A lot. But it was good.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Back in the Camper drinking beer so I don't get shot. Never figure out why folks bring their Dogs with them hunting? Detrimental mostly...