Quantcast

@@@ Monderp FTS@@@

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

Rode Cheyenne Canyon after work yesterday. Conditions were prime. Somehow managed to avoid getting rained on, did not get struck by lightning. 10/10, will bang again.

Who knows anything about Bridgeport, West Virginia?

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
DSO woke me up at 5:50, so watching the Olympic mens XC replay before I start work at 7.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Packing the car and heading to Berlin for a couple of days. Stopover by mother in law as we will drive via Hamburg. Taking the ferry on the way back. We have friends from NYC who moved there to hang out with and then have to find out what to do besides playing ping pong in the park, eat some good foods and get a little drunk. Anybody been there recently?

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Olympic XC
Ugly OTB crash for VdP on the out lap down the big rock drop.
Great result for Pidcock taking gold

The sound on the broadcast is horrific. Can barely hear the commentators over crowd, wildlife and helicopter noise.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Olympic XC

The sound on the broadcast is horrific. Can barely hear the commentators over crowd, wildlife and helicopter noise.
will note that cycling events are among the few allowing spectators.

haven't seen the replay, but have seen results.

for the person you mentioned that crashed, i didn't think this course suited him, but didn't want to see him go out like that.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Olympic XC

Oof, he did indeed. that is a really good track too.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
mobile notary will be here in half an hour to sign paperwork on the refi for the mortgage
I close on a HELOC via mobile notary Wednesday morning.

But for now I work. Ultrasound but also helping out on CT since lots and lots of outpatients got scanned over the weekend.

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
Packing the car and heading to Berlin for a couple of days. Stopover by mother in law as we will drive via Hamburg. Taking the ferry on the way back. We have friends from NYC who moved there to hang out with and then have to find out what to do besides playing ping pong in the park, eat some good foods and get a little drunk. Anybody been there recently?
Not recently, but all the museums are great. Pick what catches your interest. You can enter with masks AFAIK.
Mellowpark is way bigger then when I have seen it last now: https://www.mellowpark.de

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
will note that cycling events are among the few allowing spectators.

haven't seen the replay, but have seen results.

for the person you mentioned that crashed, i didn't think this course suited him, but didn't want to see him go out like that.
Oof, he did indeed. that is a really good track too.
It's not that the crowd were going mental cheering to block the commentators in the broadcast. Just random mic noise of people talking.

Supposedly there had been a wooden ramp below the rock drop during practice and MvP didn't realize it wasn't going to be there for the race.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
It's not that the crowd were going mental cheering to block the commentators in the broadcast. Just random mic noise of people talking.

Supposedly there had been a wooden ramp below the rock drop during practice and MvP didn't realize it wasn't going to be there for the race.
if that's true, that's a major failure on the event organizers

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Apparently it was rude asshole day at the park yesterday as no one had any sense of trail etiquette. But managed to get 3.5 hours in.

In other news the Toaster is leaking water into the passenger side floor. Probably a clogged AC condensation drain line. Fun...

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
typically any changes to the course, especially for features like drops/jumps, any changes between practice and finals must be clearly communicated to the riders.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
typically any changes to the course, especially for features like drops/jumps, any changes between practice and finals must be clearly communicated to the riders.
Judging from EVERYTHING thats been posted on teh interwebs, everyone except for him knew.

Even in the video, everyone is sending it, except for him. Sounds like someone told him, but it was ignored or he forgot?