Quantcast

@@@ Monderp FTS@@@

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
No, it has a “moon” roof.
Well, dollars to donuts that’s where the water is coming from, IMO.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Well, dollars to donuts that’s where the water is coming from, IMO.
Mmmm... donuts... :homer:
Yew aarghh rohng.

Moon roof is in the back on a Honda Element. Leak is coming from behind the cabin filters on the passenger side up front.
Can we all agree that's it's fuckin' STOOOOOOPID to cut holes in the roofs of vehicles? Sunroof, moonroof - it's fuckin' dumb. :D

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Fuck, just found out that the lady who kept her horse next to ours in the barn until her husband's company relocated to Colorado suffered a major TBI about a year ago. She was riding her horse, he reared lost his balance, fell over backwards and rolled over her. She was wearing a helmet but that horse is over 1400 pounds. For the last year she has been in the hospital going in and out of consciousness. Really nice woman with two kids. Effing sucks

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
Yew aarghh rohng.

Moon roof is in the back on a Honda Element. Leak is coming from behind the cabin filters on the passenger side up front.
just because it's further back doesn't mean that it still doesn't drain behind the glove compartment / air filter . . . that's where many do, i believe. my infiniti was notoriously cloggy there (and a pain in the ass to fix, involving removing much of the dash).

drove up to the hills to retrieve the older son from a weekend at a friend's place. was sadz to drive up there and not ride but oh well. looks like next 3 weekends will all involve some form of mountain riding, so there's that . . .

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Cabin filters had some small leaves but nothing excessive. Vacuumed them and underneath their cradle. Ran the ac then drove it for a bit. Same problem, can hear water sloshing around when turning left and water leaking into the passenger side floor. It’s most definitely in the ac or the evaporation system.

Will keep searching online for a viable solution before caving and calling the dealer. But for now I will assume the problem was caused by chipmunks, evil little bastards.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
population of the whole island is roughly ~85k somebody's gotta know something
Kinda skimmed that article but seems to me that there cannot be that many mountain bikers with enough fitness to ride 100 km or miles just to mess with course markers on that island. Guessing it won’t be long before someone gets an ass whuppin and fat lawsuit.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Can we all agree that's it's fuckin' STOOOOOOPID to cut holes in the roofs of vehicles? Sunroof, moonroof - it's fuckin' dumb. :D
Why the fuck do I want the top of my head to roast through a glass pane when I'm inside?
I also dislike the loss of headroom. Wife and I sat in our current model of car at a dealer before we moved west and it was fine. Ordered from a CO dealer and the trim level had a roof. Cue sudden unexpected loss of 1 1/2" of space when we got the car versus the one we'd originally sat in. Thankfully it just about works for me...

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
my sunroof is for those frigid 40 degree days in the winter....sunroof wide open....heat level at 1....because any level above that in a vw is to fucking hot....

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Mmmm... donuts... :homer:

the previous owner of my younger brothers bmw 1600 or the one before the previous owner....this was around 1988.... had a pop out sunroof installed that could be opened partially or removed...one afternoon driving down a back country road at about 85 mph....came across a slight dip in the road....exiting said dip lauched the partially opened glass panel about 30 feet in the air...watching it shatter in the rear view mirror upon impact...

worst sunroof ever....

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Rode the trail bike for the first time in 10 days. 95 freedums is hot when you've got an 1700ft climb to do in it.