Quantcast

MonDerp GMFT

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Hut trip over the weekend... there's apparently still good skiing to be had if you're willing to skin/walk/hike/ski to it instead of ride a chairlift. New bike arrived last week, need a few moar small bits for it and then building will commence this week. Week long Moab trip in the works for later this month. Life... not sucking.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Howdy, all. On hold with Denver 311 because individual departments won't publish their direct numbers. (I'm trying to figure out if I need to worry about this "street sweeping" business in Stapleton and their web site is not useful.)

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Hut trip over the weekend... there's apparently still good skiing to be had if you're willing to skin/walk/hike/ski to it instead of ride a chairlift. New bike arrived last week, need a few moar small bits for it and then building will commence this week. Week long Moab trip in the works for later this month. Life... not sucking.
New bikee? What issss it, Precious? What issss it?

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
New bikee? What issss it, Precious? What issss it?
It's made out of plastic, has more suspension travel than my race car, lots of moving parts the internet says will fail catastrophically and/or need way more maintenance than is reasonable, and features a wheel size no one ever asked for but the entire industry seems to be abandoning everything else in favor of.

So basically it's gonna #enduro so hard.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
It's made out of plastic, has more suspension travel than my race car, lots of moving parts the internet says will fail catastrophically and/or need way more maintenance than is reasonable, and features a wheel size no one ever asked for but the entire industry seems to be abandoning everything else in favor of.

Sounds awfully 'pre-production'.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river

F**k yeah.

Just found a crack in my plastic rear wheel when I converted it to tubeless. Was losing a little air at the crack... 15 minutes later the hissing had quit. Decided to roll the dice and ride Deer Crik. I won. I wonder how many more times I can win that roulette game?

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Holy shitneck do I have a lot of running on my schedule this week. :dead: One day at a time. Just get through this week and then it's two weeks of recovery before my race.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Brain is very tired. Good news is I think I have enough data around which I can cobble together a publishable article. Bad news is that the result is essentially negative--but negative results need to be published, too, in order for science to be valid.

No mental energy left to start writing, though, after many hours in the imaging system and in Excel.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Ugh, afternoon Monkeys.

Long day after a great weekend. Got the lady out on her newish quad and rode some woods. Slow and steady, no injuries. I learned the hard way what happens if I scare her the first time out when we took out the boat the first time. :rofl:

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I see what you're saying regarding publishing being ancillary, but my point is that the practice of only publishing positive results makes drawing strong conclusions from the corpus of published research more difficult.

Besides, I need at least 20 publications for my next academic rank. Got to crank out the crap.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I agree, but it's the game I signed up to play. Once I hit associate professor then I'll cool the presses and only publish what I feel is meaningful stuff rather than chasing every stray idea and finding a journal that'll print it.