Quantcast

***Monderp GMT***

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
got pulled in for a DOT random drug test this morning
Random?

Some of the most technical rockclimbing I have ever done was while flying on mushrooms. The moves seemed so obvious, my balance so precise. I was completely in the "moment". I went back months later to the same climbs straight and i couldn't even get though the first moves. Acid....shit got too weird metling walls, blood pumping though wood grain. sex on Peyote on a summers night in the desert very very nice, Spearfishing stoned on pot Night dives on Mushrooms with phophorescence off San Clemete Island spectacular...... all that ended 34 years ago though

dhmike

Turbo Monkey
Dec 20, 2006
Boise Idaho
How far are you from Sun Valley?
do you ski or board?
Sun valley is about an hour away and no ski / board. Sun valley use to have a norba national and I was excited to take my dh bike out there . But talking to a local here told me the trails are not dh and more enduroish. Enduro strikes again !!!

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
got pulled in for a DOT random drug test this morning
I haven't had one in years and also posted in that thread. Be awful curious if I get sent out for whiz quiz in the next couple days. :tinfoil:

I hate being on aeroplanes.
:rofl:

So... Blizzard? Weather said moderate snow for tonight and tomorrow. Now 12"+ and blizzard. I sent Wifey to the airport in the Forester w/ snows. I currently have a Passat with all-seasons. Debating going to the airport to take her car and leave the Passat.
MILK SANDWICHES!!!!!

Last edited:
Helped put walls on shed. Worked in gardens. Rode into Vergennes and back for lunch. Put more Grip Studs on Moonlander's front tire. Went for a walk in the woods; could see colors at the start, rods kicked in as I walked so the return was monochrome. It's about beer thirty.

skibunny24

Enthusiastic Receiver of Reputation
Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
I'm not dead! This new job is not what I was hoping, but it is a job, and not the worst one out there by a long shot. Non stop busy though! I escaped today thanks to an extremely swollen finger on the child. Definitely infected. Currently sitting in urgent care per his doctors orders.

It's almost skibunny season.... There's a chance for this weekend, and I'm thinking Thanksgiving weekend will be camping in the Sportsmobile in some resort parking lot based on reports.... I can't WAIT!!!

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Knowing the forecast I elected to ride in today, figuring my trusty Goretex(-ish--off brand) outfit and fenders would keep me dry on the way back.

Nope.

It was amusing for about the first 5 minutes, but then the freezing rain, horrid visibility (not good when there are cars in one's space!), and the unfortunately much-diminished water stopping ability of my bought-in-2008 rain pants conspired to make it quite unpleasant. At least I didn't get hit, although I was honestly a bit worried at one four way stop with antsy drivers.

I will be conventional tomorrow and drive to work like the rest of the world.

On the upside, after finding out that I indeed purchased said rain pants from REI Outlet on clearance in 2008 I'll decree that 7 years is their service life and retire them with dignity instead of scrounging for warranty coverage. (A bunch of patches of the inner liner have worn off and the water now soaks right through the outer layer in exactly those places. This is in turn no doubt due to friction from using them for bike commuting in rainy climes when they were just meant for hiking.)

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
So far Blizzardnado has been just a bunch of cold rain...

Edit: Now here it comes...

Last edited:

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Let it snow in the mountains! We gots trails to build this winter.

Fwiw, work is digging deep... we are building a hop pelleting mill, pretty big scale, going through start up currently. Why does start up never go smoothly and why does everyone expect it to be smooth...