Quantcast

***Monderp GMT***

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

Camping this weekend was not as successful as I would have hoped. Dogs were a royal pain and kept running around in the truck shaking the damned thing all night. I was up several times to attend to their unruly asses. Oh well, a mediocre weekend of camping sure beats a good weekend of sitting at home.

RoboDonkey713

Monkey
Feb 24, 2011
Maine
10th annual Mt Waldo 666 went down yesterday. 6600ft of climbing in 30 miles. Foggy and overcast made for a good day to ride outside.

The last lap called for a Summit Soda and a extended Safety Meeting.
photo (2).JPG

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
had some type of allergic reaction late last night, eyes swelled shut, massive congestion, pounding headache. wtf? I look and feel like hell. Of to work.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
been feeling kinda crappy, weak, and achy for a few weeks. which is weird, 'cause I've been drinking less and trying to sleep more. left arm has been super pins-n-needly, esp at night, to the point where it wakes me up because my hand hurts. WTF? hope @Nick and the co crew don't kill me on Sat!

in other news, summer intern starts today. i got the hot, rich art history type this year rather than the dorky nerdy type. :brows:

coffee, coffee, and coffee again!

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Howdy fellas.

I had the absolute worst sleep last night. If it wasn't the weird dreams waking me up, it was my fan somehow shuffling its way across the table and pointing at the wall instead of my bed. I figure I got about 2-3 hours sleep.

Pounding back the coffee, in an effort to try and force a poop. Ugh.

It looks like it rained quite a bit last night, not sure if I'll venture to the trails tonight.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
been feeling kinda crappy, weak, and achy for a few weeks. which is weird, 'cause I've been drinking less and trying to sleep more. left arm has been super pins-n-needly, esp at night, to the point where it wakes me up because my hand hurts. WTF? hope @Nick and the co crew don't kill me on Sat!

in other news, summer intern starts today. i got the hot, rich art history type this year rather than the dorky nerdy type. :brows:

coffee, coffee, and coffee again!
Huh, my invite to this Saturday shindig must have gotten lost in the mail...

Also, lucky you. I got stuck with the okay looking, Megan Fox thumb'd one who you can see the wheels churning in her skull as she attempts to process and ultimately won't what you are saying to her already thrown me under the bus intern. How's that for a sentence.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Beer Festival Saturday, dawn patrol Sunday. Made for a rough ride. Crashed for the first time in a few years (since the landmine incident at Winter Park) and it was a digger. Went OTB in a jagged rock field and somehow managed to land on the one flat, smooth rock and slid to a stop. Anywhere else on that trail and I probably would have properly hurt myself, so pretty lucky. (The Wall for Denver guys - It's bad, virtually no dirt anymore and the creek is running through it)

Got Haley an bike too. A 2-3 year old version of this. $95 and it includes a spare tire. I just need to replace the grips.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Here. Beer Festival Saturday, dawn patrol Sunday. Made for a rough ride. Crashed for the first time in a few years (since the landmine incident at Winter Park) and it was a digger. Went OTB in a jagged rock field and somehow managed to land on the one flat, smooth rock and slid to a stop. Anywhere else on that trail and I probably would have properly hurt myself, so pretty lucky. (The Wall for Denver guys - It's bad, virtually no dirt anymore and the creek is running through it)

Got Haley an bike too. A 2-3 year old version of this. $95 and it includes a spare tire. I just need to replace the grips.
My last crash was on The Wall. I blamed shitty tires and not enough speed.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
I've crashed on the Wall. It sucked. Not a soft rock to be found.

been feeling kinda crappy, weak, and achy for a few weeks. which is weird, 'cause I've been drinking less and trying to sleep more
Start drinking more.

Water, that is! Lots of it, every day. Then have some more.
It's getting warm out here, and that + the altitude is going to dehydrate you before pedaling.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Howdy all. I rolled into my office at 9:30 AM after riding to work.

I was slow. This foreshadows my slowness this weekend, suckas

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Bought a feather duster at Target, yesterday. Spent all afternoon dusting stuff. Enjoyed it way too much. Old man achievement unlocked. Next time I'll do it in a French maid outfit, just to keep it weird.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
My last crash was on The Wall. I blamed shitty tires and not enough speed.
Good tires and speed, just a mystery otb. Guy I was riding with was just as surprised as I was. We couldn't figure out how or why I crashed, as there was no apparent reason. Landed perfectly on a (possibly the only) smooth rock and just slid to a stop. Some good scuffing and bruises, but none of the normal Wall consequences.

When were you last out there? It's rowdy. Whole trail is pretty torn up from the drainage. First time I've hard arm pump in ages too.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Good tires and speed, just a mystery otb. Guy I was riding with was just as surprised as I was. We couldn't figure out how or why I crashed, as there was no apparent reason. Landed perfectly on a (possibly the only) smooth rock and just slid to a stop. Some good scuffing and bruises, but none of the normal Wall consequences.

When were you last out there? It's rowdy. Whole trail is pretty torn up from the drainage. First time I've hard arm pump in ages too.
Last fall. It has been extra-rowdy since the rains last May. Those rock gardens are so much fun (when you don't get a flat).

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morningish Monkeys.

So the stack 'o car parts get here Thursday, so I'm not sure if I'll take it in then, or wait until Monday. It's a 2 day job (if all goes well) so we shall see. I just want the bitch done.

Work is work. This is week three and things are getting progressively more interesting. I am really digging my boss. Not only does she not mess with me at all, but she is 4 floors away and doesn't care to come all the way down to do it. Being in the basement (with a view) has its advantages. :rofl:

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado

Start drinking more.

Water, that is! Lots of it, every day. Then have some more.
It's getting warm out here, and that + the altitude is going to dehydrate you before pedaling.
@jstuhlman This. I drink probably 1.5-2 gallons of water per day and still feel dehydrated regularly. You need to drink like it's going out of style.

For obscure reasons, pulled the road bike off its hook, inflated the tires, and rode into town for lunch, then extended the return to make the total trip about twenty miles. First time I've been on the thing in I don't know, three to four years? Turned pedals some, but I think I would have been as happy doing it on the Moonlander.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Home for lunch, low salt, low fat, low taste organic bean salad and an apple while standing at the window in my French Maid uniform. No one is looking.

My legs are the suck today, they need at least a day of rest, maybe 2. I have decided on an early morning epic XC crawl along the river for Wednesday morning.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Flying back home tonight. At work tomorrow morning. Wife's already cranky. Charlotte airport sucks. TG for goose island IPA.