Quantcast

***Monderp GMT***

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Morning Monkies, its 6AM and I feel pretty damn good after 12 decent MTB rides this month. The hardtail is so easy to pedal up down and sideways. Going to work because... get off early and ride. :)

Also need to buy camping stuff.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
One of the freeways going north is closed. Of course this also causes the south lanes to become completed fubar'd. Looks like a guy either fell or jumped off an over pass... :wacko:

Time to get this work thing underway and then attempt a ride tonight.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

Recovering from a great weekend of riding and rag dolling through a boulder field. Talk about good stuff. Quintessential mountain biking. We had stream crossings, high alpine singletrack, bomber downhills and the shit-eating grins to prove it.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Landed last night right into the madness in JFK. I got into immigration and all of sudden policy started shouting duck and then run and we all ran out onto the tarmac not knowing anything about what was happening. I ended up in a lunch room for the ground crew. Then we all got in again and then people panicked again but this time Twitter was already talking about it not being a shooting and it though staying with tons of police with guns was better than running around.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Do tell. Want to figure out if I know the boulder field. :D
Towards the bottom of Starvation Creek, probably .25 miles from the bottom of the trail. Bombing down one of those 8" wide sidehill sections coming around a left hand turn with an off camber rock on the inside of the turn and the edge of the trail gave. I still maintain that the small patch of real estate I was shooting for was blown away by Nick's rear wheel drifting off the trail. He pulled it out, I did not. :D

@Nick going up the Crest to Agate.
IMG_1768.JPG

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Towards the bottom of Starvation Creek, probably .25 miles from the bottom of the trail. Bombing down one of those 8" wide sidehill sections coming around a left hand turn with an off camber rock on the inside of the turn and the edge of the trail gave. I still maintain that the small patch of real estate I was shooting for was blown away by Nick's rear wheel drifting off the trail. He pulled it out, I did not. :D

@Nick going up the Crest to Agate.
View attachment 123088
Ah... I *DO* know that boulder field.

And how did you guys get @Full Trucker to ride Agate? He hates taht trail...

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

So my black lugs showed up on Saturday so I went to swap them out and what did I find? 3 more on the drivers side. :shakefist:

And in case there was still some doubt @DirtyMike theze are not my nutz:

So at this point I am making an appointment at a shop up north and will be taking it in. If he can reinstall everything right, then I will just go after them for a refund. If there is additional damage, they will pay for that too. Damn I hate people.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
Helping my new assistant curator get settled on his first day. Gonna have to get him a beer at lunch.

Legs are grumpy after yesterday's ride. So are my forearms, which is new. I did put on new grips last week - maybe they're a bit thicker than my old ones? They felt OK while riding. Maybe I'm just a pansy.

Wife is out of town until Weds. night, so it's solo dad time.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Morning Monkeys.

So my black lugs showed up on Saturday so I went to swap them out and what did I find? 3 more on the drivers side. :shakefist:

And in case there was still some doubt @DirtyMike theze are not my nutz:

So at this point I am making an appointment at a shop up north and will be taking it in. If he can reinstall everything right, then I will just go after them for a refund. If there is additional damage, they will pay for that too. Damn I hate people.
new custom title for jimmydean "my nuts don't match!"

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
I'm dragging ass this morning. Yuna was up at 2 (teething? Who knows?) so I slept with her, which is good for her sleep but not mine. Then I was enlisted for kid dropoff duties as wife is enriching the dentist this morning.

I think I'll head home and take a nap—that counts as academic work, right?

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Came home Saturday to Wifey having bought a car; no surprise. Also no surprise, the sales people really pushed her into a $3000 'protection package'. Haley was getting unruly and she needed to get her home, so she finally said 'ok' to get out. I specifically told the sales person that if she said 'yes' to that car that she'd put a deposit down and I would finish the transaction up this week.

I get to have a conversation with the finance manager once they get in this morning. Even if the prepay it to the financing company, my overall interest and monthly payment will be higher. They have a 3-day, 300 mile return policy, so we might be doing that to get things squared away to my liking. so we'll be discussing possibly a wipe and re-start of the transaction.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Was walking through the orchard last night around midnight. Had to get to a water box to turn a pump off. As I approach a gravel road, I hear people and see lights. Wtf... trespasserst. So I slink back and get my truck, take the long way around. Turned off the pump and drove out towards the trespassing car. They did not scare off but started flashing their lights and trying to get my attention.

So I backed out and they started chasing me. It looked like they were waiting for someone and I was it. Mind you they are standing on the road between me and my sleeping family.

So I called the sheriff. In the time it took me to swing around the back way, another car had shown up. I heard car doors slam and watched them pull out. Within a minute of their departure, the sheriff rolls up with two units and a k9.... shit

Last edited:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Was walking through the orchard last night around midnight. Had to get to a water box to turn a pump off. As I approach a gravel road, I hear people and see lights. Wtf... trespasserst. So I slink back and get my truck, take the long way around. Turned off the pump and drove out towards the trespassing car. They did not scare off but started flashing their lights and trying to get myour attention.
...and?

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Was walking through the orchard last night around midnight. Had to get to a water box to turn a pump off. As I approach a gravel road, I hear people and see lights. Wtf... trespasserst. So I slink back and get my truck, take the long way around. Turned off the pump and drove out towards the trespassing car. They did not scare off but started flashing their lights and trying to get my attention.

So I backed out and they started chasing me. It looked like they were waiting for someone and I was it. Mind you they are standing on the road between me and my sleeping family.

So I called the sheriff. In the time it took me to swing around the back way, another car had shown up. I heard car doors slam and watched them pull out. Within a minute of their departure, the sheriff rolls up with two units and a k9.... shit
Stealing fruit?

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Also day 4 sine the wife announce we are doing Seattle to Portland and all that has happened is I aired up her tires and adjusted her brakes. She hasn't even ridden her bike yet. :rofl:

I will need a new seat for 205 miles, that is for sure. Other than toe clips and a new Cateye battery my bike is ready.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
And how did you guys get @Full Trucker to ride Agate? He hates taht trail...
Hate is such a strong word, really. The first 2.3 miles are incredible, then the next 7 are awesome punctuated with a bunch of stream crossings that aren't always rideable. Really it's just the stream crossings I "hate" the rest of the trail is good.

Friday afternoon ride plus fatboy and hypoxic sea level person. Start nicely, then kill on Saturday.
You're welcome for the Starvation bailout and not totally murdering you or your sea-level friend.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
You're welcome for the Starvation bailout and not totally murdering you or your sea-level friend.
I was concerned for Brett. He was pretty much blown by that point. I had enough food and water to keep going, just not at the pace you animals were going. That being said, Starvation was amazing. Totally worth the bailout.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Hate is such a strong word, really. The first 2.3 miles are incredible, then the next 7 are awesome punctuated with a bunch of stream crossings that aren't always rideable. Really it's just the stream crossings I "hate" the rest of the trail is good.
Those stream crossings are the best part!! :homer:

Starvation as opposed to what? The full Silver Creek nonsense?

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Those stream crossings are the best part!! :homer:

Starvation as opposed to what? The full Silver Creek nonsense?
Yep. I think the original plan was to have whoever was spent bail after Silver Creek and the rest would continue onto Rainbow. Instead we all took Starvation down.