Quantcast

***Monderp GMT***

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Those stream crossings are the best part!! :homer:
We're no longer friends.

Starvation as opposed to what? The full Silver Creek nonsense?
Yes. Sorta. I fully expected some bailing out at the bottom of Silver Creek, and since we were camped on Silver Creek Road it was perfect. And Silver Creek is a pretty dang fun descent in it's own right, some parts more fun than Starvation and some less fun. But going down Starvation made for less climbing to get to the descent.

For the record I do think @Adventurous and @6thElement would have been down for the entire route, including Rainbow, which was the original intent.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Its true... Just look what happened to IAB. Running is a slippery slope to neon coloured shoes, fanny packs and knee high socks. Before you know it, you're running for apple pies, working out at 5am and sleeping for 15 hours a day (NTTAWWT). You're mountain bike will be forever sad and lonely.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
Yo. Thus began 3 weekends of State Qualifier races. We were in Lawn Guy Land this past weekend racing at Shoreham in the 105 degree heat. Kiddo's move up in proficiency to intermediate has been a bit rough on him, but he's beginning to take it well and is making plans to get faster. It's still weird to me, but he's the only intermediate there NOT on clipless pedals. Regardless, we had a good time despite the heat and competition. Dad had less said competition than kid and pulled out a 2nd in the main. Large Slurpees for all on the way home!

Kid wearing his new skull hat in front of the Skull Bus (AC available to all inside, many kids were coming close to heat stroke):

Clowning around in front of the intentional graffiti:

Kiddo's fast starts at home are a bit slower when compared to kids across the state in his class -

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I really want to like running, but holy hell I get bored doing it. This is why I like running sprints in the winter!
yea i can't stand running for a long time either. that, and i don't have the fitness for it.

last night at least there was some good heat lightening.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I really want to like running, but holy hell I get bored doing it. This is why I like running sprints in the winter!
This is for sure the #1 reason I hate running. On a treadmill with a TV isn't bad, but I would run sideways trying to watch a TV that wasn't in front of me. :rofl:

And as a quick update, the service manager just told me they found the 4 missing lug nuts in the key drop box this morning. I told him it wasn't the cost of replacement that pisses me off as much as the dishonest business practice of them not telling you they lost them in the first place. They would never have "found" them had I not brought up the issue in the first place.

Whoever put the other nuts on should have said "oh by they way, we lost 4 of your lugs, sorry" or something.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
I think I'll head home and take a nap
Ended up napping until 11:30, convincing the wife to engage in some aerobic activities before she left to pick up the kids from preschool, then biking leisurely into work along a slightly different, longer, not as good route. #winning

Came home Saturday to Wifey having bought a car; no surprise. Also no surprise, the sales people really pushed her into a $3000 'protection package'.
That should be something you can get out of. Used to new so not apples to apples but my book smart but oh so stupid parents were talked into buying an extended warranty for their brand new Prius (to replace their old Prius) at full price. Given how reliable those cars are and how many miles they drive that'd be a total waste of money, not to mention that the true price is something like a third of what they'll charge you if they can.

One phone call to Toyota Financial Services later that charge was dropped and not mentioned again.

You really ought to quit that $hit. But you already know this, don't you? :busted:
This isn't a normal thing. She already crawled off her bed once, went back to sleep, woke up absolutely screaming (I heard it through the ductwork from down in the basement, and she's on the second floor), and I found her by her room's door. Besides, I like to snuggle with the baby, at least on days I know I can slack off and sleep all morning later, as above. :D

And as a quick update, the service manager just told me they found the 4 missing lug nuts in the key drop box this morning. I told him it wasn't the cost of replacement that pisses me off as much as the dishonest business practice of them not telling you they lost them in the first place. They would never have "found" them had I not brought up the issue in the first place.
So how are they going to make you whole? You've wasted several hours and trips already.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
So how are they going to make you whole? You've wasted several hours and trips already.
I am supposed to take it back after 500 miles (break in period) to have to rechecked. I listed a number of issues that exist and told them if they can't/won't correct it, I will take it where I should have from the start and have them redo the install and document findings. If any parts were damaged during install, they will pay to replace those. Once the reinstall is finished, I'll be looking for a refund depending on the damage.

My car had no issues when I brought it in, it was just nearing the need for a clutch based on miles (still had some life left in the old clutch, too). So far my car to have issues after installing an OE clutch, you did something wrong. Worse case I end up paying for the parts I bought and the install from Tommy, best case they pay me back for both installs.

On a lighter note, the wife has given me permission to not skimp on the car anymore since it has cost more in the long run (the first being the aftermarket weatherseal issue). So that works in my favor. :D

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
colorado dentist bike monkies....possible location for a gathering...

450 a night...4 night minimum stay....

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Maybe they just blocked me. :homer:
they blocked syadasti too.

i can still post for the time being, but them banning me won't do any good. i already emailed the land manager (via the email link they posted) voicing my support for MTB access.

and i already informed yeti and red bull about the suspected unauthorized use of their content

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
they blocked syadasti too.
Well, that guys an ass. :D

i can still post for the time being, but them banning me won't do any good. i already emailed the land manager (via the email link they posted) voicing my support for MTB access.
Me too. I also posted to my page encouraging friends to also mail the Forest Service to support bicycling...

and i already informed yeti and red bull about the suspected unauthorized use of their content
BOOSH!

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
no, mostly in prep for some hiking expeditions this fall / winter. and i hate the treadmill.
i am in no condition for my trip to montana/glacier.....fuck it....as good a place as any to drop dead.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
That should be something you can get out of. Used to new so not apples to apples but my book smart but oh so stupid parents were talked into buying an extended warranty for their brand new Prius (to replace their old Prius) at full price. Given how reliable those cars are and how many miles they drive that'd be a total waste of money, not to mention that the true price is something like a third of what they'll charge you if they can.

One phone call to Toyota Financial Services later that charge was dropped and not mentioned again.
We had a long conversation about it. Doing my digging, Infiniti is apparently known for their electrical issues.Giddy. When I asked what the expected failure rate for key parts of the car were and what percentage of the cars were seeing them, it made for a fun conversation. Because, if these are known and regular issues, then why am I buying the car in the first place? Needless the say, the price on it dropped substantially. It's 8 year, which is realistically how long I expect Wifey to want to keep it, so I bought it at the reduced rate.

Their little attempt to pull the one over on her and then try to get me looking at monthly vs.total cost did cost them a total chunk of change though. I was going to have them install the factory hitch (as it's cleaner), but given that behavior I'll be doing it myself. Saving $850 on that alone. Same with tint. I from a convenience standpoint, I would have just wrapped it up.