Quantcast

***Monderp GMT***

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Yeah, this for new purchases. I chose my Land Cruiser over its Lexus counterpart in part so I'd seem more working class... :D
Our cars are always used. When we got Wifey the Infiniti, one of our neighbors commented on how much they cost. She was taken back when I brought up that buying it used was $10k less than both her fully kitted Explorer and $5k off her husband's 4Runner. Same from our neighbors on the other side when I bought the M. That car is notably old and I do the work on it (not hard to miss a car in the garage on stands for 4 months). What would make you think that it's expensive?

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
What would make you think that it's expensive?
At some point in your life time will become more valuable than money; you should teach your daughter how to wrench and build some quality memories. :thumb:

Some of the best memories I have are shooting around the fishing spots in the Colorado Rockies with my dad in his 1974 MG with twin SUs that required constant adjustment... :D

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
At some point in your life time will become more valuable than money; you should teach your daughter how to wrench and build some quality memories. :thumb:

Some of the best memories I have are shooting around the fishing spots in the Colorado Rockies with my dad in his 1974 MG with twin SUs that required constant adjustment... :D
I'm already there. I make her give me tools and tell me what to tighten.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
I really like that my Monthly expenditures are considerably less then my Monthly income. I live pretty frugal. One cool thing about growing up so poor is that you can deal with living in your means rather easily. I still have a awesome bike. New old girlfriend has a budget problem. I had to eject her because she lacked discipline and a job.