Quantcast

***Monderp GMT***

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
It seems that Spring has finally arrived in Western NY and all the snow has melted (again). Dusted off the bikes and did some chain cleaning yesterday. Hoping the trails dry up this week with the drier warmer weather.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
I remembered why I hate Southern California. Freaking incessant stop and go traffic. It took almost 4 hours to get from just north of San Diego to Los Angeles yesterday that's just 110 miles on the freeway or was than parking lot? The next 300 miles took just over 4 1/2 hours. We did find an awesome Taco truck on I5 at Buttonwillow, we couldn't eat half of those monster Burritos

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Welp, back at the salt pit, with a stiff neck and a bit of glaze in my eyes as a result of the weekends activities.

Headed up to a buddy's slopeside condo with a few friends. We skinned up the now closed mountain and enjoyed fresh tracks on spring corn. Second lap was a little grabby as the corn turned to slush. But no complaints after hitting the shed up top and washing it down with a beer.

After that, some mild debauchery happened, and the next day we tried riding up the bike trails on our fat bikes, but the snow was too deep and soft, so we post holed up the mountain. not fun. We did manage to find a part of the flow trail that the skiers had been on and that had a firm enough base we could ride down (but not before endo-ing hard at the bottom of a steep roll-in to soft snow... which is the cause of sore neck and stiff wrist). All in all a successful weekend.

it is very hard to give any fucks at work right now. very hard indeed.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Good morning going Monkies! Sales are down but profits are up... why a time we have both? Today's Monday morning in quaterback session will show us the way.

Lots of sloppy wet snow yesterday will limit dirt rides until Thursday or later, I might try the road bike for a few miles. Might not...

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

Watched a couple of dogs over the weekend for a wife's friend who turned her dog vegan. I think that's perhaps the first time I've heard of a vegan dog. Unsurprisingly he eschewed his green slop and cleaned up every last nugget of non-vegan dog food ours left behind.

Got the windows back in the trailer, so good news now is that it's a non-holey shell. The caulk lines kinda look like crap, but I suppose the important thing is that they are sealed.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Watched a couple of dogs over the weekend for a wife's friend who turned her dog vegan. I think that's perhaps the first time I've heard of a vegan dog. Unsurprisingly he eschewed his green slop and cleaned up every last nugget of non-vegan dog food ours left behind.
this should be a skit on portlandia

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Trails are largely dry here now, with usual wet spots being wet as usual. All I can think of is riding and downhilling, yet I have this thing called work to do. It is my intention to get as little done as I can get away with as I am very le tired after a bunch of stressful weeks.

tl;dr: my fvcks to be given are critically endangered species

Last edited:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
oh and i did ride yesterday. i am getting really fucking fat.

got home. kid was outside w/ wife playing with neighbor kids. he comes running down the driveway after i parked, says "daddy bike!! daddy bike!!!" grabs the front tire, then runs to his bike and says "grayson bike!"

RoboDonkey713

Monkey
Feb 24, 2011
Maine
The weather has been pretty nice here for the last few days. Sunny and 55 yesterday and the gravel roads are already hard enough to ride efficiently. So I went out and rode a whole bunch of miles on them. And it is going to be close to 70 today, so I rode in to work. Now for more coffee.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
I forgot that I had no coffee left. Good thing that there is an unlimited supply here at work.

One of the factories down the street from my apartment is currently being converted into a medical marijuana facility. The place is huge and has signs up for jobs. I wonder if they need someone to turn their computers on for them?

The sun is out and today is supposed to be super warm. I want to go ride. I think I will dip out of work early and do so.

Last edited:

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Got up at 4:45 to go workout. Now my muscles hurt and I'm tired. Ugh. Monday.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
'Morning! I shut off the alarm clock last night because I didn't want to wake the wife at 5:00 AM on the one day she gets to sleep in a bit, thus I missed my morning swim. So I'll tackle that after work instead. Good weekend, and now I sit at my desk groggy and tired.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

So the grandson came over on Saturday. The wife has been concerned that he isn't advancing as fast as other kids, and I keep telling her he is fine. Then she got to watch him play with the neighbor kid who is a month older and she realizes he's at least a lot smarter than the neighbor kid. I tried to explain that the neighbor kid is #3 and #1 is 15, so mom pretty much gave up on this one because she's tired. Sadly they just had #4, so I hope we move before we see how bad it gets. :rofl:

At least I get to shop for little man's first pedal bike. I'm stoked.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Morning Monkeys.

So the grandson came over on Saturday. The wife has been concerned that he isn't advancing as fast as other kids, and I keep telling her he is fine. Then she got to watch him play with the neighbor kid who is a month older and she realizes he's at least a lot smarter than the neighbor kid.
Sounds like she could benefit from the CTFD method of parenting.

Yossarian

Monkey Pimp
Jul 25, 2001
Aboard the Inchcliffe Castle
Home from the Beach. The Condo has a fresh coat of paint from the ceiling to the floorboards. 9 new, upgraded doors installed as well. Fishing was blown out for two days, with sustained winds at 20+ mph. Saturday was nice, fished, caught two keeper redfish. It was hard to leave Sunday morning, but I hadn't seen my family in over a week. Watched the Masters with a bunch of Friends, with pulled pork, mudbugs, shrimp and pimento cheese sammiches. Sucks to be back at the grind wheel, but hopefully we will have a nice family dinner for my daughter's 16th BD today.