Quantcast

***Monderp GMT***

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
that they are, but as said, food is not an investment. I wouldn't cook a whole pig each year at Thankspigging, if ROI were a concern. Also, I did not host the party, so I did not pay for the food.
i would consider a whole roast pig to be a good ROI. you need the proper sized equipment, and sure it takes a while, but you get a shitload of pork out of it.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
I had whole roast pig Saturday it was amazing.

Going into contract on the apartment. Selling at asking price and buyer has an all cash offer. So it should be pretty easy.

No I just need a job and buy that house I want in Denmark - EASY!

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I did drink an amazing beer this weekend. It sounded interesting and turned out to be quite possibly my new favorite beer. A solid stout, not over the top, but very solid. But the whiskey finish is what seals it. Holy hell, it was one of the best things I've had in my mouth.

My sister says the brewery is cool and I will visit next trip to see moms.

<edit> Got it at Johns Marketplace. I love that store, but it gets expensive.

Last edited:

Yossarian

Monkey Pimp
Jul 25, 2001
Aboard the Inchcliffe Castle
i would consider a whole roast pig to be a good ROI. you need the proper sized equipment, and sure it takes a while, but you get a shitload of pork out of it.
Every Year, I cook a whole pig on the Friday and Saturday after Thanksgiving. I feed a crowd and get them drunk while we watch football all day long. If it were just up to me, I would cook an equivalent of just Butts or whole picnics. The yield on a whole hog has a lot of waste.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Every Year, I cook a whole pig on the Friday and Saturday after Thanksgiving. I feed a crowd and get them drunk while we watch football all day long. If it were just up to me, I would cook an equivalent of just Butts or whole picnics. The yield on a whole hog has a lot of waste.
true, but you'd need to do at least 3 or 4 shoulders to get the same yield of edible meat as a good sized hog.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Shooting for the employee discount?
Someone has to test their products, right?

I'd actually love to get a job there, I could roll down the hill on my bike and arrive in about 5 minutes. Though with it being in the "medical" industry, I can only imagine how asstight their security protocols and procedures are.

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
Yo. Pretty good w/e - finished up working on "I Ride 26 Because Fuck You" trail bike, made transition in the kid/man cave to spring mode. Also took fam on 10 mile bike path ride and did some sprint work me self!

Kiddo #1 got his short film back as he's begun his involvement with Youth FX, local not for profit digital media arts program - http://www.youthfx.org/

He and friends did a 3 minute short entitled 'Kid Flash vs. Kid Zoom', will post up when it hits the Youth FX youtube channel. Kid is hooked!

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Holy shit - the breakfast joint this morning: full of coeds working. WIN!

Shortly thereafter - lady comes in with a fucking WAILING infant. No attempt to console outside the restaurant. KILL LIST.

Now I'm sitting in the CSU Fine/Performance Art building trying to get some work done. Coed dancers. :brows:

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Holy shit - the breakfast joint this morning: full of coeds working. WIN!

Shortly thereafter - lady comes in with a fucking WAILING infant. No attempt to console outside the restaurant. KILL LIST.

Now I'm sitting in the CSU Fine/Performance Art building trying to get some work done. Coed dancers. :brows:
How were the waffles?

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Hey @canadmos :

http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/intrawest-aspen-ksl-1.4063705

Blue being bought by Aspen.

"Intrawest Resorts Holdings, Inc. said Monday it has agreed to be taken over by Aspen Skiing Company, L.L.C. and KSL Capital Partners, a private equity firm, for $23.75 US per share in cash."

Tremblant has long banned bikes from it's mountain. I wonder if this will lead to a change in that situation.
I'm not really up to speed on anything ski resort related. Given your Tremblant comment, I assume this could be a good thing?

I have buddies that used to ride Tremblant and they all say that it was pretty awesome.

I wonder what this means for Blue, hopefully not much? They have invested a lot over the recent years in bike trails and outdoorsy stuff. That place is an absolute tourist zoo in the summer now. Coincidentally, seasons pass price for the bike park went up by like $60 this year...

Funny thing is, if I understand correctly, is that the actual Blue Mountain hill was owned privately up until a year or two ago when the family sold it to Intrawest.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
I'm not really up to speed on anything ski resort related. Given your Tremblant comment, I assume this could be a good thing?

I have buddies that used to ride Tremblant and they all say that it was pretty awesome.

I wonder what this means for Blue, hopefully not much? They have invested a lot over the recent years in bike trails and outdoorsy stuff. That place is an absolute tourist zoo in the summer now. Coincidentally, seasons pass price for the bike park went up by like $60 this year...

Funny thing is, if I understand correctly, is that the actual Blue Mountain hill was owned privately up until a year or two ago when the family sold it to Intrawest.
The bigger news is this means Aspen Ski Co is now "owner" of Copper, WP, and Steamboat. Perhaps my season pass next year will have a few days at Aspen... :brows:

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Hey @canadmos :

"Intrawest Resorts Holdings, Inc. said Monday it has agreed to be taken over by Aspen Skiing Company, L.L.C. and KSL Capital Partners, a private equity firm, for $23.75 US per share in cash."

Tremblant has long banned bikes from it's mountain. I wonder if this will lead to a change in that situation.
Hopefully it doesn't f-up the riding at Winter Park or Steamboat. The DH trails seemed to suck badly when I tried Aspen last year.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Looks like even Shawarma for lunch cannot save the day. Bad news just keep coming, key people leaving the company without replacement. Let's hope that at the end of today, the DDH Publick House IPA I acquired during lunch break helps a little.

Montana rider

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2005
not financial investment. lot of work for not a lot of food. my wife's family is from maryland. one time we had a crab bake thing with them. i was like WTF all this work for a minimal amount of food. kill list.
I'm originally from MD and crabs are a simply a beer delivery system and the primary vehicle for getting your RDA of mercury, dioxins and PCBs

Bottom feeders, nom-nom...

upload_2017-4-10_11-26-22.jpeg

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada

I think we all had this same discussion last year (or the year before) when they sold Whistler. In the end, I don't think it's likely to change much. I think around here (Tremblant) is not likely to change much, as Bromont pretty much has the Montreal-based market cornered for mountain biking.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I did drink an amazing beer this weekend. It sounded interesting and turned out to be quite possibly my new favorite beer. A solid stout, not over the top, but very solid. But the whiskey finish is what seals it. Holy hell, it was one of the best things I've had in my mouth.

My sister says the brewery is cool and I will visit next trip to see moms.

<edit> Got it at Johns Marketplace. I love that store, but it gets expensive.
have you had allagash curiex?

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Hey @canadmos :

i've been to tremblant twice i believe. i must say that they have some good nightlife... from what i remember.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
back from family camping. got in a hike or two. built up a killer firepit. @canadmos -spot was where we parked for the shuttle and stashed creek beers. more people up there riding than i've seen in a while. weather was about perfect.
woke up, packed up, cooked lrge quantities of bacon, etc., headed out. dumped gear, showered, in to work to attempt to convince board of trustees to spend $ on paintings.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Clearly getting employees on standby to their destination is more important than paying customers.

http://www.denverpost.com/2017/04/10/united-passenger-dragged-off-flight/
I agree that United has royally screwed the PR pooch with this one but here's why they were so keen on getting their employees out:

http://www.ajc.com/travel/why-one-day-thunderstorms-turned-into-five-day-delta-meltdown/6iwLZXfRcLKB0w1LAdKvpI/
Toshi is correct. Deadheading /= standby.

Still though, United sure is handling this poorly and I think it's hysterical. After 15plus years of being treated like the lowest of worm shit as a standby who works for thier largest feeder, fuck united right up the ass with a rusty, jagged dildo. I hope this doc knows a good lawyer and he takes united to the goddamn cleaners.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout

Still though, United sure is handling this poorly and I think it's hysterical. After 15plus years of being treated like the lowest of worm shit as a standby who works for thier largest feeder, fuck united right up the ass with a rusty, jagged dildo. I hope this doc knows a good lawyer and he takes united to the goddamn cleaners.
free flights for life.

on another airline.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
i've been to tremblant twice i believe. i must say that they have some good nightlife... from what i remember.
my buddy has a condo there. I just asked him how his weekend was. he told me he tried to break up a fight and got a black eye for his troubles. so... sounds like yeah, it's still happening.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.

Also, after the clusterfuck this week has been in teh ATL, I bet they are breathing a huge sigh of relief in the Delta PR department.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
I read the comments... on that United article posted to a random person's wall. And it paid off:

"Meanwhile, Spirit Airlines is considering a "don't get dragged off the plane" upcharge."

:D