Quantcast

#@# Monderp GMT #@#

Dirtrider

noah
May 2, 2006
Asheville, NC
Decided I needed to go to the office to do a few things this morning. I have now been sitting in traffic on I-40 WB. Haven’t moved in 15 minutes. FTS. FTS

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
HEY-OH!! Swam 2200 yards this morning. My swimming is starting to come back after basically shutting it down for nine months. I've still got a long way to go though.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
seen in monument valley yesterday....

homemade sign....

reservation is closed....go home...stay home....

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
did I mention that gettting up at 0345 sucks?

off to work and its going to be 100*
FTS
Decided I needed to go to the office to do a few things this morning. I have now been sitting in traffic on I-40 WB. Haven’t moved in 15 minutes. FTS. FTS
FTS
What is this thing you call work? :)
Win.
Something I toil away my younger, best years with for 40 hours a week, give or take a few, with a meager 3 weeks off every year to pursue what I want.

It gives my life meani...oh I can't say that with a straight face.
FTS

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
I don't really want to do work today....but I feel bad playing DOOOOOOM on my computer upstairs while the nanny is in the other room :rolleyes:

currently got a bunch of dudes in my basement knocking what used to be wood out so they can replace it. Hopefully it'll make getting my bike out easier...that's about the only good hting.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Le work.

Heck I'm tired. Didn't ride yesterday, which was kind of a bummer. Had to wait around until noon for someone to come pickup a used wheelset (thank you to @6thElement for that beauty of a freehub). Then did some errands. By the time we got back to the house around 3ish, the sun was absolutely pounding down the heat. Then the cold beers came out and it was game over.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

What an incredible weekend. Truck did awesome, the spot was choice, the dogs did well, nobody got sick, it was a huge win overall.

It is motivation to get it further along now. That might change after I dump the shitter for the first time. :rofl:

A week off and all sorts of projects to do. Decided I will clean up and sell the Vette since I might not be commuting anymore. The wife and I talked and I think selling the car, getting a newish truck and getting a moto (or 2) might be best. I could pay off Frita, finish her out and have a little left for a down on a moto.

Only problem is I really love my car, shallow, I know. But if you enjoy the experience of driving, I highly recommend picking one up. It really is one of the funniest cars I've ever driven.

On a lighter note, we are booked for a few more camp trips at other places and have a couple reservations at this one, too.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Had post-July 4th bbq with 2 couples (and bunches of kids) yesterday. He built a 600 square foot covered patio over the winter/spring and it looks ridiculous. He had it properly designed by a structural engineer, then built it with his cousin. Took them 4 months to finish it, but saved over $60k. Their house is gorgeous and he does well over 90% of the work. One more argument that Wifey's starting to understand why I want to do the work going forward; I have a higher standard of myself and we don't have to worry about my integrity when it comes to getting things done.

Otherwise, slow work week. I need to beat the drum to get some meetings over the next few weeks...

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Heres a video of one trail we did on Saturday, this is our second time riding it. 2:06 is when it really gets fun; the forest opens up to a fast winding piece of trail, over a small rock and then into the steep off camber stuff. What a hoot.

True narrow single track too. None of that bermed out sidewalk wide stuff.
The old man Mark following my fatass.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Tired.
I think I need a weekend to recover from the weekend of riding, many miles, much verts.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
I have now joined the rid egg cult.

Fucking State Farm better follow up...........
What didja order?
Didja demo first?
When are you coming to pick up from rid egg HQ so the local monkies can socially distance up Apex from you?

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Ordered, not here yet.
What didja order?
Didja demo first?
When are you coming to pick up from rid egg HQ so the local monkies can socially distance up Apex from you?
Smash.

I did not demo one, going in head first I guess.

When I know, I'll let you know. I PM'd @mtg the other day, he did say that the lead times reflected on the website are fairly accurate. 5-7 weeks looks like.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Hello all. I did my "Monday" work last night after the kids went to sleep. Got a conference call for an ongoing research project and an interview with a job candidate, plus some time in Matlab generating a shit-ton of figures for a paper.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Also decided to get a cell booster off Wish. I had barely a signal, but a signal this weekend. While I really want the Surecall Max, I don't want to spend $500 right now. I found a 2200mhz setup and I had a coupon, so for $50, see if it works. I also bought a rain gutter mount to use for the antenna, so in a week I will have an improved (maybe) mobile unit.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Ordered, not here yet.

Smash.

I did not demo one, going in head first I guess.

When I know, I'll let you know. I PM'd @mtg the other day, he did say that the lead times reflected on the website are fairly accurate. 5-7 weeks looks like.
That looks hot. I need to try a 29 and quit hating without actually riding. I just seemed like the 27.5 felt unruly so it seems like the 29 would be worse. But I will try one.

I have been looking at newer 26 frames. :)

Pesqueeb

Feb 2, 2007
That looks hot. I need to try a 29 and quit hating without actually riding. I just seemed like the 27.5 felt unruly so it seems like the 29 would be worse. But I will try one.

I have been looking at newer 26 frames. :)
I built my first 29'er while I was recuperating from getting hit the first time, so by the time I actually got around to rding it, I hadn't been on a bike in a year, per doctors orders. I suspect getting used to the feel of the bigger wheel would be a bit of an issue if one just hopped right from 26 to 29, but I honestly couldn't say. I've only once since I bought my first Niner ridden an 26 bike, and it did feel a bit like riding a little kids bike.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
I built my first 29'er while I was recuperating from getting hit the first time, so by the time I actually got around to rding it, I hadn't been on a bike in a year, per doctors orders. I suspect getting used to the feel of the bigger wheel would be a bit of an issue if one just hopped right from 26 to 29, but I honestly couldn't say. I've only once since I bought my first Niner ridden an 26 bike, and it did feel a bit like riding a little kids bike.
Replacing an older Rip isn't it, was that 125mm frame travel?

Pesqueeb

Feb 2, 2007
Frame v1 died the standard Niner seat tube death, and IIRC, that one was 125. The one I lost last thursday was version 2, with 140mm in the frame.
Ehhh.....now that I'm thinking about it, I don't believe that is correct. I think the frames have always been 140. It was the fork for that first frame I could only get in 120 way back in the day.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I rented 2 different 27.5's and did a couple lift runs at Ski Bowl on each. The rolling was fine, but I had issues steering.

My next will likely be a 27.5 out of necessity. But maybe next Bend trip, I will grab a 29 and bomb a few.