Quantcast

#@# Monderp GMT #@#

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Started making my "faux shaker" kitchen cabinet doors. 30 days from now the house should be ready to put on the market.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I rented 2 different 27.5's and did a couple lift runs at Ski Bowl on each. The rolling was fine, but I had issues steering.

My next will likely be a 27.5 out of necessity. But maybe next Bend trip, I will grab a 29 and bomb a few.
I hated 29ers when they first came out. They felt ungainly and imprecise. I prefer them now. I think it makes more sense to have bigger wheels now with similarly larger wheelbases. Having more rigid wheels, frames and forks helps a whole bunch.

Last edited:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Went to Urgent Care yesterday after my shoulder started killing my post crash. Head feels a lot better but still have minor signs of a concussion, most disturbingly elevated heart rate and blood pressure. Xrays showed some fractures but I am hoping they are old injuries. See an Ortho tomorrow.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
In your face? :fie:
Shoulder, currently have no more than 5 degrees of motion in any direction. I have little to no recollection of the crash but a faint idea that my shoulder was dislocated and memories of putting it back in place. Not the first time that has happened. After the adrenaline wore off the shoulder started to hurt like a mother fucker.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Shoulder, currently have no more than 5 degrees of motion in any direction. I have little to no recollection of the crash but a faint idea that my shoulder was dislocated and memories of putting it back in place. Not the first time that has happened. After the adrenaline wore off the shoulder started to hurt like a mother fucker.
:fie:

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Crazy windy here the last days like it was autumn. My surf friends are very happy

Btw we are looking at going to Calella in Spain just north of Barcelona. Looks like there is some amazing riding around there with big mountains. Are there any Spanish monkeys in that area?

Screenshot 2020-07-06 at 21.06.02.png

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Amused to learn from a coworker (who was born and raised in the Commonwealth) that the Revolutionary War and America's liberation from Britain was conveniently left out of his childhood education. Just poof! Fast forwarded through Britain and its multitude of colonial exploits.

@6thElement this consistent with your experience?

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Amused to learn from a coworker (who was born and raised in the Commonwealth) that the Revolutionary War and America's liberation from Britain was conveniently left out of his childhood education. Just poof! Fast forwarded through Britain and its multitude of colonial exploits.

Being educated in NY I was taught that the Civil war was about slavery and rebellious traitors. We learned about the local Mohawk tribes but were taught nothing of the Indian wars and western expansion.

For my friend who grew up in South Carolina, the Civil War was the war of Northern aggression.

From the British perspective the Revolutionary War was of little consequence, especially from the perspective of a country with thousands of years of history vs a couple hundred.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008

I don't recall learning about them in school specifically, but then how much time did you spend in school learning about Henry VIII's six wives or the Norman conquest of England in 1066?

Montana rider

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2005
I don't recall learning about them in school specifically, but then how much time did you spend in school learning about Henry VIII's six wives or the Norman conquest of England in 1066?
Divorced, beheaded, died, divorced, beheaded, survived...

But I went to a ///////private (high) school back east in Baltimore

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Wives yes, conquest no. I just found it a bit surprising that the Revolutionary War, East Indies Trading Company, and British empire building in Southeast Asia wasn't covered. Seems like pretty consequential modern history to me, but I guess not.

Last edited: