Quantcast

***Monderp GMT***

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Back to work today after 1 week off. Interested to see how many emails I have pending. Meh.

Caught up on three episodes of Mandelorian with Haley and Wifey last night. Goal is to do such all this week until fully caught up, them watch new Wonder Woman.

Hoping I don't have too much to do today, so I can finish building my new scrap wood cart for the garage. Get to use a bunch of scrap wood to make said cart, then have a place to put said scrap wood rather than a series of buckets and my floor.

I've decided that I want to build a mitre station on the side of the garage, so will need to get garage organized with everything wall mounted up above waist level. Think I need to start focusing on the storage shed too for space.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Some work this morning and then I did a 50km ride up the coast on a windy day but beautiful riding along the water and despite no sun the light is still better than inland. Legs felt good too. Rain the next few days but weekend looks good so I hope I can find some trails that are not covered in mud.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

Supposed to be warm today; I wonder what kind of condition the trails are in after the recent snowmelt and monsoon. @StiHacka ?

In the midst of a purge. Time to offload excess possessions and invest a portion of the proceeds in my future.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
any of you guys a structural engineer???

Kidding! Just kidding.
Light week of work ahead, mixed with a ski day or three and moar demo/reno planning.

Last edited:

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Did not want to start work yet, so I really haven't. Supposed to be dry and 42 today, I might take a long lunch and go lose some golf balls. Need to get my game up for Friday, that should be hilarious.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
any of you guys a structural engineer???

Kidding! Just kidding.
Light week of work ahead, mixed with a ski day or three and moar deo/reno planning.
when in doubt....blow it out?

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Back to work today after 1 week off. Interested to see how many emails I have pending. Meh.

Caught up on three episodes of Mandelorian with Haley and Wifey last night. Goal is to do such all this week until fully caught up, them watch new Wonder Woman.

Hoping I don't have too much to do today, so I can finish building my new scrap wood cart for the garage. Get to use a bunch of scrap wood to make said cart, then have a place to put said scrap wood rather than a series of buckets and my floor.

I've decided that I want to build a mitre station on the side of the garage, so will need to get garage organized with everything wall mounted up above waist level. Think I need to start focusing on the storage shed too for space.
build woodworking shed in backyard?

or will HOA frown upon that...

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
build woodworking shed in backyard?

or will HOA frown upon that...
Latter. I have a shed already that it under the deck, which is max size allowed by HOA. Realistically, I need to do a better job of storing things, at which point building out will work better. I have a lot of space being poorly used in our shed, in the basement storage unit, rafters, etc. Putting things into places more appropriately, based on usage levels is going to make more of a difference.

Also pulling an @Adventurous and doing a purge at the same time will have an impact. I have two bikes that I can blow out for a few hundred lower then mkt, but it will get rid of them quickly. One of the problems of having 2 girls, with a substantial age difference is that we're holding a large amount of clothing for Hannah from Haley. We'll have another large purge in about a year when Hannah's 4 and can transit more without the need for strollers if we're doing a longer day. Same with her Burley, etc. But until then? Lots of large, kid related shit that is anchored to the house.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Hello all. I work this week. M-F, and to add insult to injury Thursday is 8 AM-10 PM (5-10 PM portion tacked on for extra $$$$) and Friday 7 AM-5 PM.

Woe is me. Nevertheless, I shall persist

velocipedist

Lubrication Sensei
Jul 11, 2006
Rainbow City Alabama
Early voting today as county decided against ballot drop boxes and Saturday voting.

Should see more dirt this week as the the factory shutdown provides a long break till after new years.

Now if only I could get my 27.5s back on my smash, Smash Dogg is simply more fun to ride.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Hungover today. 3 old fashioneds was 1 too many last night, apparently.

Low key day, probably riding bikes around the driveway and random errands.

Helping a friend install his angleset tomorrow morning then going for the new bikes first ride. Very excited.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Supposed to be warm today; I wonder what kind of condition the trails are in after the recent snowmelt and monsoon. @StiHacka ?
I rode early when everything was still frozen yesterday but I expect the trails to be on the wet side now. I'll be checking them out tomorrow morning again.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Since they no longer carry anything useful, they are now selling retro merch. Nice work, Radio Shack. This will turn things around for sure. Of course I want one, but still. :rofl:

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
rode bikes w/a buddy. total goof off ride. 60* and sunny; trails a little greasy for sketchy fun bonus. post ride beer then a few laps on the pump track ftw. man do i love cackalacka winters.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Incoming chance of rain so we decided to just go for a walk. Ventured out for the yearly visit to the old slowly deteriorating dh spot.

Someone moved and added a beam to this old bridge, nice to see. This thing used to be like a like crossing a wobbly rope bridge.

Mr Beaver chewing on stuff.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Incoming chance of rain so we decided to just go for a walk. Ventured out for the yearly visit to the old slowly deteriorating dh spot.

Someone moved and added a beam to this old bridge, nice to see. This thing used to be like a like crossing a wobbly rope bridge.

Mr Beaver chewing on stuff.
I like stuffed beaver.

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
Somehow I cannot get used to the look of tapered head tubes on DJ frames.
Eh. It is what it is. I just have no idea about DJ parts, so need to figure out what to even put on it. They just built a pretty sweet little park by my house, so I've been wanting to ride with my kids.

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
Eh. It is what it is. I just have no idea about DJ parts, so need to figure out what to even put on it. They just built a pretty sweet little park by my house, so I've been wanting to ride with my kids.
I am not criticizing it, sweet frame! :thumb: I just love the slim look of old school steel DJ frames and the tapered head tube is kind of taking away from and otherwise awesome looking one.
You have a BMX BB on there as well (Mid I guess?), which limits options. I am suffering from the same with mine. Will need to make some BB cups in the future so that I can run a lighter crank option.
For parts just raid your spares bin. For a fork I would go Manitou Circus (still 20 mm axle) or lower an old fork that you have.

Last edited:

velocipedist

Lubrication Sensei
Jul 11, 2006
Rainbow City Alabama
How light are you wanting to go?

YMMV

I really like my odyssey thunderbolt cranks.

Bent my previous crank on the track and I am sure tweaked it further on DJs, of course with my hack skills durability is more of concern than weight (24s and a rigid fork save more than >200g).

I am not criticizing it, sweet frame! :thumb: I just love the slim look of old school steel DJ frames and the tapered head tube is kind of taking away from and otherwise awesome looking one.
You have a BMX BB on there as well (Mid I guess?), which limits options. I am suffering from the same with mine. Will need to make some BB cups in the future so that I can run a lighter crank option.
For parts just raid your spares bin. For a fork I would go Manitou Circus (still 20 mm axle) or lower an old fork that you have.

Last edited:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Fox/Marz brought back the 831/DJ. Can take a 20mm axle.