Quantcast

###Monderp###

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
:wave:

Somehow disappeared down the Wikipedia rabbit hole, and now I want to ride the Trans-Siberian Railway.

In reality, it's going to be work, and maybe a bike ride later for this guy.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
First night at mountain house. Didn’t sleep great.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
slept like the dead, apparently snored a lot. 20 some degrees cooler than yesterday, which is a welcome reprieve from 90° heat. at least the 90% humidity hasn't arrived yet.

tired from mega chore weekend, but will be spending next weekend at my parents place. their pool is already open, so i will be swimming and mountain biking all weekend. also celebrating my daughter's 4th bday. just gotta make it through this week.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Hola amigos

folks were up for the weekend, they have departed. kid had a dance recital on Sunday, that was pretty cool except that it was like 85 degrees and balls to thigh humidity, so naturally I wanted to die. Still was nice to see her perform.

Interview friday went well except for the hiring manager, which was a challenge. She asked a lot of pressing questions and was honestly a good interviewer...most people suck. We'll see what happens.

SylentK

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
coloRADo
On PTO. Been skiing Breck. Its like skiing mashed potatoes, you can carve turns like a rock star. Good to see peeps in costumes and babes in bikinis skiing.

Is drinking a grapefruit sculpin ipa in the morning bad?

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Sore but getting lesser so daily.

Haley has a Snobahn lesson today to prove expert status so that she can get into a summer camp. Apparently all camps for younger kids and lower levels are full, but expert are pretty open. On their scale, she's intermediate, but that was at beginning of season. So her lesson today is to reset her level to expert on their books. I have to drive her, so no Oxy after noon today until after class at 5pm. This will be great.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Here. Sore but getting lesser so daily.

Haley has a Snobahn lesson today to prove expert status so that she can get into a summer camp. Apparently all camps for younger kids and lower levels are full, but expert are pretty open. On their scale, she's intermediate, but that was at beginning of season. So her lesson today is to reset her level to expert on their books. I have to drive her, so no Oxy after noon today until after class at 5pm. This will be great.
let Mardoc drive

1621872345156.png

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
What's elevation at that house? 9k-ish?

Often I have trouble sleeping ther first night or two at higher elevations.
8,405’. Mainly too much stuff on my mind still to do/fix plus fretting whether the baby would exit from her room in the night and be disoriented and sad.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Woot Monkees!

Monday sucks. Sundays race was awesome, Mercedes couldn't get a crossthreaded wheel off during the first pit stop. :rofl:

“We eventually didn’t get the wheel off, it is sat in our garage with the wheel still on it,” Mercedes technical director James Allison said.

“It will have to be ground off, get a Dremel out and painfully slice through the remnants of the wheel nut. We will do that back at the factory.”

jebfour

Turbo Monkey
Jun 19, 2003
CLT, NC
Woot Monkees!

Monday sucks. Sundays race was awesome, Mercedes couldn't get a crossthreaded wheel off during the first pit stop. :rofl:
It's STILL not off. I read that they will need to cut it off at the factory.

Also, listing to Hamilton demand answers after his pit stop = :rofl:

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Woot Monkees!

I read that the head was stripped, not that it was cross threaded. Not that it really matters, either is a good way to ensure that wheel stays on.