Quantcast

###Monderp###

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
more vinyl....two show up....same record....surprise surprise....

20210524_161154.jpg

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
Exactly, if they sold just the crispy, spicy skin, I would just buy that.
There's a Filipino/Fried chicken place near here that'll do that if you ask. I guess some people ask for the fried chicken sans skin, you know, because health? So they usually have some spare skin ready for frying. So goddamn good, like spicy fried chicken potato chips, their lumpia are also excellent.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
MIL took Haley and I to Snobahn today. Haley's almost to Expert level. Just needs to work on her side-slipping and patience with turn-in. She took a massive digger at full speed after catching an edge. Slammed her face down and she has a pretty big welt/raspberry on her hip now. She went down hard enough that the whole place went silent just seeing her reaction. Took her a min to get through the initial hit then got back up and started skiing again like it didn't happen. Little girl is tough as nails. Back Wednesday to see if we can get her to expert and into the summer camp!

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
There's a Filipino/Fried chicken place near here that'll do that if you ask. I guess some people ask for the fried chicken sans skin, you know, because health? So they usually have some spare skin ready for frying. So goddamn good, like spicy fried chicken potato chips, their lumpia are also excellent.
Imma gonna need the name of this place for next time I'm in LA.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
MIL took Haley and I to Snobahn today. Haley's almost to Expert level. Just needs to work on her side-slipping and patience with turn-in. She took a massive digger at full speed after catching an edge. Slammed her face down and she has a pretty big welt/raspberry on her hip now. She went down hard enough that the whole place went silent just seeing her reaction. Took her a min to get through the initial hit then got back up and started skiing again like it didn't happen. Little girl is tough as nails. Back Wednesday to see if we can get her to expert and into the summer camp!
I did not care for Snobahn when I went with the kids. It just feels so different than snow and doesn't reward the same techniques wrt edging. I felt like an idiot on the carpet in my shorts.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I did not care for Snobahn when I went with the kids. It just feels so different than snow and doesn't reward the same techniques wrt edging. I felt like an idiot on the carpet in my shorts.
It feels different for sure. But when you get edges there, snow edges are easier. It forces you to be definitive with your movements.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
I take it Snobahn is a dry slope? I learned to ski on dry slopes (also dislocated my thumb like 6 times) I have to say I think it makes your technique better when you hit real snow, because it’s a lot harder than skiing on real snow.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
I'm not sold. The transition from being not on edge to being on edge is abrupt and unnatural. The carpet grabs as proper in-season snow doesn't. I do not like it, no

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I'm not sold. The transition from being not on edge to being on edge is abrupt and unnatural. The carpet grabs as proper in-season snow doesn't. I do not like it, no
I do not like this fake ass snow. i would rather ride my Pelotōn.

I do not like it Tosh I am. I would rather eat Kare Pan.

Last edited: