Quantcast

>>>Monderp<<<

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
@Adventurous that is garbage behavior from a garbage human being. I hope your family intends to and does throw the fucking book at that jackass. Fucking people are the worst.
given that just about all my aunts uncles cousins are from the philly area....that guy would be dead.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Whatcha say there, Joe Bikers! Happy Monday. You are all beautiful.

not much to report. Trying to figure out what software to sub to with my new trainer. Zwift? Trainerroad? @I Are Baboon what's good nephew?
It's a matter of preference. Zwift is good if you want to ride with or against other virtual riders and earn badges and whatnot. It's very interactive. TrainerRoad is good if you DGAF about other people and just want to train hard and get faster. I prefer TrainerRoad. I use the phone app and pedal in front of my big fuckin' TV while watching Marvel and Star Wars.

There is a thread in the roadie forum with some good discussion about this (see the pain cave thread).

Atomic Dog

doesn't have a custom title yet.
Oct 22, 2002
In the basement at Weekly World News
Back at work after three days of lounging around on a houseboat on Lake Roosevelt. Fortunately only a 3 day work week before flying back to Denver to pick up the Goddamn Campin' Van ® and traipsing around the west for the rest of the week.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Going through some very heavy shit right now. My friend had another seizure today, fell down and hit a tree with her face. She is losing a huge degree of cognitive function, and it is torturing her. She told me she has all of the supplies to ‘check out early’ (her words), she is trying to figure out a timeline to do so. We called the suicide hotline, and are rearranging things to be with her for however long she needs. Apparently she has been carrying ropes in her backpack.
This is very scary, and I have been a puddle for an hour.
Sorry to vent, but this is helping me to collect my thoughts.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Going through some very heavy shit right now. My friend had another seizure today, fell down and hit a tree with her face. She is losing a huge degree of cognitive function, and it is torturing her. She told me she has all of the supplies to ‘check out early’ (her words), she is trying to figure out a timeline to do so. We called the suicide hotline, and are rearranging things to be with her for however long she needs. Apparently she has been carrying ropes in her backpack.
Dude..........

Sorry man, that sucks. Good on you for being a friend.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
first off - you are doing the right thing trying to get her help, and by staying with her.

second is she getting the help she needs to diagnose the seizures? are they the only issue or a symptom of something else? to the prior point, if there's no possibility of reversing the loss of cognitive function, you may want to help her make sure she has her affairs in order.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
older dude turned 16 today. grilling steaks with some family friends tonight. trying to get some work done. moderate success is moderate. also getting ready to propose i go to snowshoe for a weekend in august to the wife. fingers crossed....

@rideit really sorry to hear that. sounds like you're a really good friend to her.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
first off - you are doing the right thing trying to get her help, and by staying with her.

second is she getting the help she needs to diagnose the seizures? are they the only issue or a symptom of something else? to the prior point, if there's no possibility of reversing the loss of cognitive function, you may want to help her make sure she has her affairs in order.
She has been to the best help available in the world, multiple Mayo Clinic’s, surgeries, therapists, money is no object. Going on three years with nothing but progressive decline. She can’t drive, and is trying to get a divorce. It’s pretty rough.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
She has been to the best help available in the world, multiple Mayo Clinic’s, surgeries, therapists, money is no object. Going on three years with nothing but progressive decline. She can’t drive, and is trying to get a divorce. It’s pretty rough.
that's rough, especially given the care access available.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Check you pm

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
UC Health at Anschutz has one of the best Neurology clinics/research facilities in the world. If she's not going there already, she should be.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
I always thought that if you are traveling on a roadway and the speed limit is 55 by default. That when you come to a bend and the sign says 35. You can drive 55 into the bend if you feel you can make it safely at 55. It was like a heads up or something. Sheriff said no. You need to slow down.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Was wondering why it was so hazy out after after work today. Apparently smoke from fires in north western Ontario has rolled all the way down here. Not a frequent thing here..

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Wow, that is super-harsh. Really sorry to hear it. Not sure how I would start to deal with such a thing. Just best of luck, and I hope you can find some effective medical and social support!