Quantcast

Monderp

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Still sick Hannah has been up for 1.25hrs. Kill me. Glad I went to sleep at 9. At least I got 6hrs sleep in.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Bummer John

Cleaning the scum off the kayaks in the afternoon heat darn near killed me. Of course I was already wiped out from all those hours out on the water, I will be happy when we stop having days in the high 90s. Woke up at midnight with intense leg cramps, had to take a salt tablet to stop them. Espresso then off to work in about 15 minutes

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
:wave:

First full week back at work, and I'm already tired. Wife and I don't have a nightime newborn routine yet. Of course, it would help if she slept more than 2 hours at a time...

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Awake for the day now. FTS. Still way too tired. Looks like I'm going to have Hannah at home all day while trying to work. Thankfully my only meeting is with a gentleman who I talk to quarterly, who knows I have kids, so shouldn't be an issue.

MIL2 and FIL coming in to town this afternoon to watch the girls all week while we're in SF.

Starting the process of finding new boots and skis for kid is challenging when your not super knowledgeable. I've narrowed it down to 2-3 pairs for skis, which is still difficult when you have a kid that prefers to ride off trail, but boots are harder, because there is almost nowhere to try on kid boots.

Rockland

Turbo Monkey
Apr 24, 2003
Left hand path
Alive. Many trees chainsawed on the property yesterday. Didn't get crushed, so I'm considering it a win. The rest - not so much : rain soaked, back screaming, poison ivy rash imminent. :twitch:

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Back in NYC. Charlottesville is a nice place to hang out but man did I not miss NYC traffic. 40 minutes to drive 5 miles if not more. Vacation is still on until the 13th.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Amazon has not delivered my walnuts yet. I fear that I will be forced to endure blueberry pancakes and maple syrup without pan roasted walnuts on top. I mean, sure, the applewood smoked bacon will have some crunch. But not like walnuts. Oh the horror...

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
We are 45 minutes from SF
If we were there for more than a few days I'd definitely want to see people or even go out for a ride, but this is just a long weekend. We're there Thur midday to Sun morning for Wifey's 20 year college reunion. I'll be spending Thursday and most of Friday dealing with MIL1 issues (condo and selling car), Saturday, assuming I'm not wrapped up with Wifey's friends, I'll be heading to SF to see my friends from school since I haven't seen most since pre-pandemic.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
I pedaled slowly into work. Low HRV this morning after my vigorous Peloton Power Zone ride for the current challenge, so I tried to keep HR under 110-115. On a single speed this meant super super slow cadences on the climbs.

Now working a normal day.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
not feeling chocolate croissant with large hot chocolate....overdose...

20211004_101425.jpg

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Man this week sure filled up with meetings fast... Good thing I'm off starting on Thursday and fucking off to Mont Sainte Anne apparently.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Do you really not wash your riding gear immediately after using it?

:twitch:
No, I have a lot of crap and could go for a month. I just pile it up until there is enough to fill the washer... the humidity is pretty low here and there is always wind so it's not like I'm festering a wet & sweaty pile of stink.

I do rinse the salt from my helmets though.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
No, I have a lot of crap and could go for a month. I just pile it up until there is enough to fill the washer... the humidity is pretty low here and there is always wind so it's not like I'm festering a wet & sweaty pile of stink.

I do rinse the salt from my helmets though.
You really don’t need to out here. It’s so dry. You can get multiple days out of a riding shirt, gloves, etc.
when its 90F and 90RH here my gear is soaking wet after a ride. if it doesn't get washed immediately, it will smell permanently.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
when its 90F and 90RH here my gear is soaking wet after a ride. if it doesn't get washed immediately, it will smell permanently.
I've been riding in smart wool and patagonia mtb shirts since mid-summer, and those are the real deal. Smell is significantly reduced. Days where it's cool enough to not sweat too much, I can go multiple days in the same shirt. I also ride in cotton and poly shirts... and the wool has become my go-to for trail riding.