Quantcast

@#$%Monderpgmt%$#@

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Awesome day of DH at Bershire East/Thunder Mtn on saturday.
If you live in the east you owe it to yourself to check that place out.

Meeting re our Japanese exchange student yesterday morning, long swim in the ocean and grilling in the afternoon.

Fuck monday.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
'Morning. Took today off from work because I can.

I did my first road triathlon yesterday...a sprint (1/4 mile swim, 12 mile bike, 5K run). Finished 21/79 overall. Not bad! My ranks in each leg were 56 in the swim, 26 in the bike, 13 in the run. Basically I suck in the swim, then spend the rest of the race passing people.

Here I am getting "chicked" (passed by a female) on a climb.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark

I did my first road triathlon yesterday...a sprint (1/4 mile swim, 12 mile bike, 5K run). Finished 21/79 overall. Not bad! My ranks in each leg were 56 in the swim, 26 in the bike, 13 in the run. Basically I suck in the swim, then spend the rest of the race passing people.

No compression socks how dare you.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Productive weekend. Moved a bunch if files from the old computer to the new one. Bought a pair of monkey boots (never knew such a thing existed). Test pack for Europe in the new giant luggage was successful. I even have enough room to bring back a small Viking woman.

Been using a "sleep" supplement to help reduce stress, which supposedly helps burn fat and grow muscle. Not sure if it's doing that, but I've slept great since I started taking it.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Been using a "sleep" supplement to help reduce stress, which supposedly helps burn fat and grow muscle. Not sure if it's doing that, but I've slept great since I started taking it.

Beer?

It makes you sleepy
Gives you beer muscles
Makes fat chicks seem skinnier
Comes in 12 oz servings of fuckitall

Last edited:

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
well, it looks like the re-financing of my mortgage is coming through for our extension/reno. Now on to the fun part of choosing and finding prices for all the new stuff: appliances, cabinets, flooring, tiling, AC units, fans, fixtures, paint colour etc... I suck at spreadsheets, so this is going to be a miserable few months.

I know this will be worth it in the end, but fml for now.

Plus, I've already been dealt my first dissapointment: my wife won't let me build a walk-in shower in the basement that would accommodate my bike. what's up with that?!

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Damn, what a commute this morning. I left EARLY and got to work even later!

The highway outside of my town was reduced to one lane for "paving". We're talking about 3 kilometers of road that was traffic coned, yet there wasn't a single work truck, dump truck, worker, paving truck in sight. Odd...

At least someone made coffee here today. :)

Last edited:

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Damn, what a commute this morning. I left EARLY and got to work even later!

The highway outside of my town was reduced to one lane for "paving". We're talking about 3 kilometers of road that was traffic coned, yet there was a single work truck, dump truck, worker, paving truck in sight. Odd...

At least someone made coffee here today. :)
pan am games?

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
well, it looks like the re-financing of my mortgage is coming through for our extension/reno. Now on to the fun part of choosing and finding prices for all the new stuff: appliances, cabinets, flooring, tiling, AC units, fans, fixtures, paint colour etc... I suck at spreadsheets, so this is going to be a miserable few months.

I know this will be worth it in the end, but fml for now.

Plus, I've already been dealt my first dissapointment: my wife won't let me build a walk-in shower in the basement that would accommodate my bike. what's up with that?!
Dude, you don't say it is for the bike. Just call it a luxury guest shower room.

skibunny24

Enthusiastic Receiver of Reputation
Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
Back from Whistler. WHY did I LEAVE?! >:( Missed finding kazlx up there, never saw the banshee! You win some, you lose some. It did rain up there, which was a big win! The air was good, the trails were sick, and a good time as had by all in my group of 5. If anyone remembers gordonshumway, he and BUFFALO were the other Monkeys. Does it count as RM Fest if we had 4 monkies there? :P The lower half of Blue Velvet was so smooth and the jumps were perfect, get me outta this office!!!

Well do tell! What is it!

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Good morning damn it.

I did NOT go to Whistler this week, though two of my good riding friends are there all week. Glad to hear the weather changed for the better.
Worked a ton last week, had a friend visit from the old country for the weekend, saw RUSH on their 40th anniversary tour, ate some stellar food and almost impulse bought a new car. If it doesn't rain tonight I'm getting out on a bike after work.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado

Watch the Speedo videos on Youtube. There is a huge amount of information about how best to swim. Focus on gliding and efficiency. You're tall enough that gliding will be in your advantage.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Had my Dr. appointment for my spine this morning. No surprise, but I'm going to need a cortizone injection. The half I have in Santa Cruz in September is now off the calendar. I won't have time to heal and train. I am planning on doing Austin Nov 8th at this point. Hopefully it's not 90* again like last year. I have been cleared to ride the recumbent and swim though (pain dependent).

Took Haley to the pool this weekend, which she loved. Otherwise a boring weekend.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
:wave:

Packing the car for Crested Butte. Be their though Wednesday, then in all likelihood heading out Thursday morning to Tucson for a funeral.
Good luck avoiding your relatives!

I had a busy morning here at work. I did finally feel well enough to bike into work, which was a plus, and this afternoon should be lighter (two more sets of eyeballs on the same worklist). Also in the plus category is my lunch of leftover curry with some extra sriracha on top because why not?

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
pan am games?
Nope. There were signs saying "Sorry for the inconvenience" up from some paving company. What is even more odd than the road being closed off, with no work being done, is that that is one of the smoother roads around here. :wtf:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Boss wanted me to drive to a customer 5 hours away to night to handle an emergency. Still dealing with shitty jetlag, told him to fuck off.