Quantcast

@#$%Monderpgmt%$#@

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
I'm a kid again yay!

Just helped a friend shovel 10 yards of black mulch. I did it barefoot; can anyone guess what colour my feet are meow?

We also got into the whole buying a house argument thing, again. UGH

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
DON'T DO IT.
I won't.

The only realistic way I can see doing it, is to buy a house and rent it out and attempt to break even on the mortgage, insurance, taxes, upkeep etc etc. Which seems like a pretty unrealistic goal.

But then I have a second job looking after a house that I don't live in and don't even really want. I don't want to be the dude, working all day at my normal job, just to be able to pay for a house.

The only real upside I can see to owning a house is the garage. That's it. Plus I am already 30, I need to start going places, seeing things and enjoying whatever I have left of my life before I get old and start running everywhere like some of you fine folk.

skibunny24

Enthusiastic Receiver of Reputation
Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
I won't.

The only realistic way I can see doing it, is to buy a house and rent it out and attempt to break even on the mortgage, insurance, taxes, upkeep etc etc. Which seems like a pretty unrealistic goal.

But then I have a second job looking after a house that I don't live in and don't even really want. I don't want to be the dude, working all day at my normal job, just to be able to pay for a house.

The only real upside I can see to owning a house is the garage. That's it. Plus I am already 30, I need to start going places, seeing things and enjoying whatever I have left of my life before I get old and start running everywhere like some of you fine folk.
When I was 19, I moved to CA to live with my BFFF from high school. I worked 80 hour weeks at The North Face and Vons and hated life. I couldn't do ANYTHING fun. I had ONE day off in 4 months... so I moved home to WA. Don't lose your life just to take on a giant project that will constantly require repair and attention. We travel and do a lot, but we never have anyone over anymore because NO ONE wants to see the floors in our house, the half finished bathroom (demo last March), or the rotting deck you literally can step through that are a product of us going out for adventures. Our next house will be downsized, with a bigger garage for better organization. I strongly encourage you to think this through to find the best balance. I'll be 33 next week, I'm so much older and wiser that you now... :P

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
We travel and do a lot, but we never have anyone over anymore because NO ONE wants to see the floors in our house, the half finished bathroom (demo last March), or the rotting deck you literally can step through that are a product of us going out for adventures
I am glad I am not alone who has this problem! :D