Quantcast

&&& Monderping &&&

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Holiday intensifies. Spa, massage, hot pools, ate all the food, drank all the booze, now bedtime. No alarms and no surprises please. Snow tubing tomorrow apparently.

40FC2364-0447-4882-83AC-56A870E22C28.jpeg

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
:wave:

Rain, rain, go away. Ride-less streak won't be broken if this keeps up, it's dumping out there once again.

4 day week ahead. Gotta pick up a suit and write a speech, bro gets married Saturday in a backwoods VT barn.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Visibility is terrible outside, way too much wildfire smoke. Which probably means no outdoors ride :/

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Very smoke. Much pollute. :(

Didn't mention it last week but thought I had a second bout of Covid. 101 fever, slept for 2 days straight, got tested, results negative. Doctor reminds me that isolating yourself from virtually all germs for a year+ may leave our immune systems less resilient than normal.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Oy... I wish! While expectations have certainly been lowered around here, an acknowledgement of the occasion is still necessary.
we laughed about it, first time we've both forgotten. we blamed covid. we got each other cheesey cards then grilled some filets after the fact.

jebfour

Turbo Monkey
Jun 19, 2003
CLT, NC
Happy Monday!

I was tempted to buy this thing at Sugar Mountain last weekend during my "test ride" but just couldn't talk myself into it. Last night I talked myself into it. I won't use it as much as I'd like to, but hey....sometimes you have to live a little. I'll have it in a few days.

1.jpg

Wingnut

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2003
Sorry, I'm Canadian ..sorry...

Didn't mention it last week but thought I had a second bout of Covid. 101 fever, slept for 2 days straight, got tested, results negative. Doctor reminds me that isolating yourself from virtually all germs for a year+ may leave our immune systems less resilient than normal.
So, you are saying the solution to the problem caused more problems? SNAFU.

I see we are up to Lambda Variant in Canada now.... Glad I'm booked for round 2 tomorrow, chiro and covid shot tomorrow.

Race day is Saturday, we have 100 plus hours of fab and assembly to do, after the normal woer hours...

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Didn't realize it till I walked the dogs, but air quality is absolutely horrendous here too. Guess I'm staying inside today.
we laughed about it, first time we've both forgotten. we blamed covid. we got each other cheesey cards then grilled some filets after the fact.
That's pretty much exactly the plan for this evening.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
FT, going to pay off the Sprinter with a fraction of the proceeds so I can't heckle you about it any more? :D

so did you rub some dirt into it or what

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
I wish the guy driving the covid vaccine delivery truck would stop running my sorry ass over.
Second shot yesterday. Moderna this time (AZ the first)
Response is pretty much the same.
Quite sore arm.
Rundown / Lethargic
Body aches / minor headache (well at least minor for me anyway)
Basically not Scottish.

Bonus symptom for this round - Da runs. :disgust:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I wish the guy driving the covid vaccine delivery truck would stop running my sorry ass over.
Second shot yesterday. Moderna this time (AZ the first)
Response is pretty much the same.
Quite sore arm.
Rundown / Lethargic
Body aches / minor headache (well at least minor for me anyway)
Basically not Scottish.

Bonus symptom for this round - Da runs. :disgust:
at least you didn't have to go in the cart

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
FT, going to pay off the Sprinter with a fraction of the proceeds so I can't heckle you about it any more? :D
Since we paid for the Sprinter on a HELOC... yes. We also only owe ~$6k on it anyways, so we might just pay it off with the PTO payout Teh Financée just got from the job she is leaving. Yes, she had that much PTO accrued.

Congrats!
And what the hell took so long?
Thanks, we're stoked but we were really hoping for a higher selling price. Seems like we either listed right at the beginning of a pretty serious dip in the market, or the beginning of the market cooling off for "good" for the season, or who even knows. Showings and offers are down across Colorado, based on information from several realtors we have spoken with. I also have a theory that our place is worth/is priced just a little bit higher than what people looking in this range can actually afford, and throw in the HOA on the monthly payment and we're just not getting the traction. Seriously, real estate is black magic.

How much over?
*because Colorado
Under, because who knows.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Discovered last night that CBD beverages are legal in TN. Found a liquor store that carried them and wanted $5/can for them?! They're only $3/can in CO. Was talking with the manager for a while and asked if we could get a case discount, since I was getting a flat, and he actually said 'yes'. It was only like $10 saved, but easy to see how just asking has its benefits.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Obvious comment is obvious, but perhaps this *might* coincide with a cooling of the Salida market?
Cup 1/2 full, and all…
We've been watching the Salida market for a long time, and all indications are that we're seeing it slow down as well. Things are staying on the market quite a bit longer than they were even three to four weeks ago, and we're starting to see prices drop on those homes that have been on the market a while. Hopefully it'll be a little adjustment that sticks, but it could return to crazy tomorrow for all we know. Like I sayed, black magic.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
i need to get my trail bike back in riding condition, rebuilt shock has to go back on, and the mattoc needs service. should also probably toss on the new cranks while i'm at it, but i should probably get a new chain too, it broke a few weeks back and is 2 links short, so shifting into the largest cog is fucky.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp

That sucks...

Come to think of it, I don't think I've been sick in over a year. :panic:

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Not sure what's on tap today. We are now watching Lil Man Sunday - Wednesday through summer. The wife had initially said "hell no" then realized she really misses the kid so of course we are :rofl: . We actually extended it to Wednesday to give the boy his Tuesday off to himself. He didn't bring his bike this time but his 16" is here and the wife thinks that's fine. I think it will be hilarious because it's going to look tiny under him. But maybe not, hitting the bike shop for a lid at lunch

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
There is a house down the street that's been on the market for all of 10 days now. Clearly an indication of a market slowdown. I'd say it's also/probably because it's overpriced, but that hasn't seemed to matter for several years now.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Discovered last night that CBD beverages are legal in TN. Found a liquor store that carried them and wanted $5/can for them?! They're only $3/can in CO. Was talking with the manager for a while and asked if we could get a case discount, since I was getting a flat, and he actually said 'yes'. It was only like $10 saved, but easy to see how just asking has its benefits.
They have some of those out here, but they are bananas expensive. $9 for a lemonade with like 50mg of CBD. I don't see them often though, honestly. Of course, pot is legal so ????? And you apparently can't buy gummies, only oil and soda. Weird.