Votes: 13 23.2%
  • Loco Sucks

Votes: 24 42.9%

• Total voters

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
Up sh*t creek, without a paddle
Aight. I'm about to get my insurance check for my stolen rigs. SO!, I need your suggestions on what frame I should look more closely at.

I'm looking for a FR/Enduro style of rig that I'll be able to do some climbing (fireroads and the like...) for a sweeeeeeeet downhill reward. I'm 6'7" and 260 so an XL (or about a 23.5+ Top Tube...) is necessary. 6" of rear wheel travel is the minimum but I don't want to go over 7.5". The fork I want to put on it is a 66RC2X, but if the suggested frame is bad ass enough, I could procure an ETA version to aid in climbing.....

So vote on the poll and give you likes or dislikes of said choice. Or, if it's "Other" put your suggestion in a post...along with a web address for the manufacturer if it can't be found easily....

Edit: Multiple choices enabled....Just for Loco...and the cronies that demand said option...:looney:

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
Zark said:
Intense 6.6: Think Nomad without that ghey humpback frame ;)
Hmmm....forgot about ol' Intense.....

*Makes note*

Ciaran said:
Frikkin G-Spot all the way!
Yeah...it'd be an easy transition back to riding one...since the one that was jacked was an '03.....Plus I just liked saying, "I ride a G-Spot everyday...." and other such witty remarks. Guess that's better than thier dual bike...the Hooker...that could get you in more trouble...with worse diseases....unless it's a Hooker's G-Spot that starts out with a Handjob....ok...I'm done now....

Slugman said:
Don't own it - but played around on my buddies 7point7. It's a sweet bike for the money...
Hadn't even thought about an IH....but that's good input!!

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
Get a Turner:)

I love my 6 Pack, which I think now is called a RFX. Trailhacker just bought one and uses it as his XC bike.

Edit: Plus they have super customer service!

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
By Skooks' lovely experience with SC and my short time frame...the SC Nomad has been crossed off the list of potential frames. It will be replaced by the Iron Horse 7point7.

That is all.

Edit: Well....I can't figure out how to edit the poll, so screw it....I'll take all the votes for the SC Nomad and apply them to the Intense 6.6 since their close.....

Also the 6-Pack will be known as the RFX.....

COmtbiker12

Turbo Monkey
Dec 17, 2003
Colorado Springs
Secret Squirrel said:
By Skooks' lovely experience with SC and my short time frame...the SC Nomad has been crossed off the list of potential frames. It will be replaced by the Iron Horse 7point7.

That is all.

Edit: Well....I can't figure out how to edit the poll, so screw it....I'll take all the votes for the SC Nomad and apply them to the Intense 6.6 since their close.....

Also the 6-Pack will be known as the RFX.....
Mmm.... Intense 6.6...... :drool: It's been having great reviews so far, I'd love to get my hands on one to match up with my M3. There's a TON of info on the 6.6 and all sorts of pics, writeups and reviews on the Intense board on mtbr if you want some personal information regarding them.

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
the Inbred said:
23.5" TT? is that a type? i would think 24.5 or something longer.

Damn! the RM population has really grown.
Meh....like I said 23.5 was the min. I could make up for it with a 90mm stem...I only started there cause some good companies only make Large frames with a 23.5.......The Santa Cruz Nomad XL is 24.5, and that's more me.

I hadn't even thought of looking at Foes...but that's a damn good idea. I was blown away by the look of the Inferno when it first came out....I like the Curnutt to (took a couple runs on that shock awhile back...felt good to me....)

Thanks everyone...keep em coming.

And thanks for the good turnout on the poll!!!!!

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
I would go with the Nomad.. i think it will be bigger for your size.. i have a 6.6 size LG (they dont make XL) I am 6'2" 235 lbs, the bike fits me right with a layback thompson post and a 90mm stem... i dont think yoo would be as comfortable on it since you are 6'7".

bballe336

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2005
MA
Sinister Splinter MX. It can have anywhere from 3-7 inches of travel depending on which shock you buy. Stock it has 5-6 with adjustable geometry. It uses what is called a "pull rod". This pull rod can be twisted to extend or compress changing BB height and HA so you can run different length shocks without a hassle. And the adjustment isn't just slight. You can get it completely slammed with a super slack HA and low BB, or super steep, and Anywhere in between those settings. It is just about the most versatile bike around. Not to mention it pedals better than anything else I have ridden.

http://www.sinisterbikes.com/

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
Well, with the insurance company willing....I will be purchasing a brand spankin' new Red Turner RFX (6-Pack) along with a part spec that would make any man weep. My DH bikey will be a new Rotec RL9 also with a parts spec that will be teh tits.

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
BurlyShirley said:
Dont see a poll, but an SC Nomad sounds like the bike for you.
I am not sure about that!!! it depends on which shock is on it... cause with his weight... he may be having bob troubles with it... but that is coming from me seeing some of the bigger guys with various blur models (mostly set up for light weight xc) having bob trouble...
you have a SC how is yours set up??? do you have any bob trouble??? I was going to get a blur xc but chose a different route due to this...