Quantcast

Monkey Elvis GMT

chuffer

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2004
McMinnville, OR
Where is the rage-quitting crew today? Got an email from a bored-member this morning implying that I wasn’t being entirely “transparent.” I am gonna turn off my workphone and worklaptop. Then I am gonna go out and work in the yard or go for a ride until business hours are behind me. Probably shouldn’t answer that email until tomorrow…

@eric strt6 did I so the maths right? Were you at 276 lbs before this thyroid thing?

eta: not a typo…well at least not the first one….

Last edited:

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
No waffling here my man. The wife felt she had issues with alcohol, so she quit. I have no such issues, but not drinking with her is a non issue. In 2010 I was 298# and taking up to 12 pills of 4 different medications (depression and anxiety mostly). I switched meds (green) and was 210# and better adjusted in 8 months. Have been relatively stable since.

Yes I'm 238# today, but this is only day 2 :rofl:
I just referring to you "quitting" but not too sure on the timeline lol

We should all quit drinking. Consuming fucking industrial solvents.

chuffer

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2004
McMinnville, OR
71 yesterday and now its 30 and snowing. This has been an odd winter.

Other than that, I just don't know
We just sold a bunch more gear to the aftermarket bodyparts factory in your hood. Also looks like we are close to sealing a deal in Kokomo soon.

I may finally hit you up to go riding.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Took a sick day from work. Partially because I'm sick of that shit, and partially because my sleep has been a bucket of hot garbage the last few nights. Need to try and correct course.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Client onsite today. Bill for Haley's suit showed up today, which means it exists. Girl is gonna be ecstatic. I might hold until her first race before I give it to her though... Decisions.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
I was 163 lbs before I left for my hike last year. Probably can’t use that number as a baseline this year since 543 miles made my legs noticeably larger.

Mainly I need to get my sugar intake under control. After 15 years without alcohol I still have ridiculous cravings for sugar. Ice cream, brownies, pastries, cookies, etc. When I’m hiking I can plow through it since backpacking burns 550 calories per hour. But in the real world it causes me some problems.

gonefirefightin

free wieners
On the hunt for a used chainsaw since I dont want to drive the 9 hour round trip over the snowy passes to retrieve one in my shit storm of a storage unit. Stopped by Peterson cat yesterday to see what machines they have on rent that dont require a permit to haul. Looks like I can get into a 320 excavator and a D5 dozer to the bottom of the road.

In other news,

When they cut out my upper para thyroid I dropped 40 lbs almost overnight. been holding steady at 220 for a 6'1" geezer, still on thyroid meds

On the hunt for a used chainsaw since I dont want to drive the 9 hour round trip over the snowy passes to retrieve one in my shit storm of a storage unit. Stopped by Peterson cat yesterday to see what machines they have on rent that dont require a permit to haul. Looks like I can get into a 320 excavator and a D5 dozer to the bottom of the road.

In other news,

When they cut out my upper para thyroid I dropped 40 lbs almost overnight. been holding steady at 220 for a 6'1" geezer, still on thyroid meds
6' 1", 155#

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
on the subject of weight....

i can fit into some pants that i could not fit into last year....

not that i am eating healthy or anything...

maybe just rotting...

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Adobe support chat is quite possibly the absolute worst.

This is the third person that I've been forwarded to. I don't think they understand english or something?

1709141592196.png

oh snap, round 4, here we go:
1709141825786.png

Last edited:

chuffer

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2004
McMinnville, OR
Adobe support chat is quite possibly the absolute worst.

This is the third person that I've been forwarded to. I don't think they understand english or something?

View attachment 208388

oh snap, round 4, here we go:
View attachment 208390
I got sucked into a similar vortex at DELL this week. Their system “updated” my address automagically to an incorrect one. I really should just laugh it off, but the number of people involved right now in editing my address for a $400 laptop is bonkers…

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
With all this talk of meds, I have been going through some really heavy shit due to way, way, way to many different medications and chemicals. As of last week, it was about 9.
(I have quit at least four)
‘ buckle your seatbelt, sir, it’s going to be a bumpy ride’
But him going to come out happier.
I hope!

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I would also like t a shout out because he was a wealth of information.
With all this talk of meds, I have been going through some really heavy shit due to way, way, way to many different medications and chemicals. As of last week, it was about 9.
(I have quit at least four)
‘ buckle your seatbelt, sir, it’s going to be a bumpy ride’
But him going to come out happier.
I hope!
Yeah, I was on 2 meds + 2 more to counteract the first 2 or something. @TN was a wealth of info and I did a ton of research before jumping through the hoops to get my OMMP card. Since Oregon approved recreational, I let my card expire and pay the appropriate taxes.

Other than having to thrice buy pee off the Internet, I haven't had any issues. Oh, and that 911 call my daughter made. :rofl: