Quantcast

Monkey Fest -- Fall edition

splat

Nam I am
Well I wasn't orinally able to go, but I was up at my inlaws and decided to take a Day trip from there place in NH , and join every one for the Big ride. I got there just in time to join the ride as it left.

MtBikeChk and DFXjoe

MBC and IAB with Willoughby Gap behind them

We did our part to keep teh vegitation watered

Polanspring88

Tap and Die posed a an interesting obstical

PolandSping going down

Brenden coing into it

MBC and IAB

Treesaw just as things really started to get interesting

IAB says Me me me me me

Quo_fan thinks he has just won the race

Treesaw and Earl

Heidi

The dynamic Duo

BadDNA clears the wood pile

Quo_fan , crossing the wood pile

OldWebs is really fun and fast with a couple of "bumps"

BadDNA

BadCrumble

MtBikerChk

Brendan

Quo_fan

Heidi

woodsguy Plaing on some of the toys

Polandspring88 on Knob

Breendan a little farther down

Quo_fan JRA on Vast

IAB and MBC on Our way to Kitchell

Hanging back at the lodge

My Son with his House of cards , IAB is very Impressed

Drinking and Card games

Apple Crisp and Ice cream

At this point I had to depart and head back to my in laws.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Good times at 2008 Monkeyfest v2.0!!

Good company, good beer, good food, good beer. The weather literally could not have been nicer. Absolutely perfect MTB conditions.

I'll post pics later tonight. I didn't take all that many though.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
MY PICS.

Myself, MBC, maddog17 and BadDNA were the first to arrive Friday and we went for a 2+ hour ride to work up a beer appetite.

maddog17 navigating around maple lines.

COWS.

MBC, badDNA, maddog

MBC on Rim. Love that trail.

The Monkeylodge got pretty chilly Friday night so we fired up the wood stove. Ugh...the loft four of us slept in was hotter than hell Friday night.

Friday dinner. BadDNA supplied the chicken skewers and I made burgers. All monkeys chipped in on beer supplies.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Friday night consisted of lots of beer and Red Sox baseball on teh TV. A few suckers went for a night ride....HAHAHAHAHAHAHA. :p

Saturday morning pre-ride bacon loading.

How many monkeys does it take to break into the car of a monkey who happened to have locked his keys in said car? Four. Three to break into the car and one to take pics.

Woodsguy as the Saturday epic begins.

Treesaw and Sq-earl.

18 monkeys (17 bikes) on that ride.

MONKEYS riding.

Quo Fan on Vast.

14 miles and four hours into the Saturday ride, I bonked. It was time to head out and bring the "bail group" with me. Awesome ride Saturday. We were all spent.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
A view from the deck of the lodge. Such perfect weather. Dare I say it was the nicest weather ever for a Monkeyfest. Sunny and 60/61 every day.

Yelo brought down various Unibrou beers, including several 750ml bottles. This is one that me and BadDNA shared (one of several). Maddog17 provided a case of various pint glasses. After I BROKE the sweet Dogfish Head glass I snagged, I punished myself with the Coors Light glass the rest of the weekend.

Monkeys playing cards. SparrowOnMe was feeling no pain.

Monkey dinner...catered by Mama Monkey. What would we do without her???

We found this wedged onto a wall board...obviously left over from the July Monkeyfest. :D Wonder if it'll be there next year?

Clearly the long ride wore out the monkeys. Everyone went to bed early and the lodge was quiet at 9:30PM. A few of us (me, maddog, Quo Fan, BigT, Woodsguy, badcrumble) stayed up "late" to eat, drink and watch the Sox game. My dessert was Maddog17's grilled steak tips. :drool:

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
LOL...if the morning breakfast bacon and sausage bake does not set off the smoke alarm, it just isn't a Monkeyfest. :D Sure enough, the smoke alarms were firing Sunday morning. :p What you see here is a cloud of bacon smoke filtering out on the main road...sweet, wonderful bacon...

Since some of us needed to bail early Sunday, we broke into two groups. The short ride group shuttled to the top of Moose Alley.

MBC, Quo Fan, Yelo on Moose Alley.

TreeSaw on White School

Followed by Melanie.

Earl on a log ride.

MBC on a bridge.

That was pretty much it. MBC and I were headed out for the 3.5 hour drive home at noon. We had a blast. I can't wait until Monkeyfest '09.

Greggah

Motorboat
Oct 9, 2008
Gonic, NH
I saw the monkey group on Saturday at the bottom of OLD WEBS just before they hit SIDEWINDER.

I think WOODSGUY gave me proper directions on at the bottom of the RIDGE trail on which way to ride HEAVENS BENCH and RIDGE. Thanks for that, I would have hated myself if I would have done it the way I was going...

My pics from Saturday....Hope to be part of the official MonkeyFest next year....

http://s415.photobucket.com/albums/pp232/06epic/?albumview=slideshow

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Who is this Heidi person? IMPOSTER!

Looks like fun guys...I always wish I could join up for Monkeyfest.

JRogers

talks too much
Mar 19, 2002
Claremont, CA
Hey guys. Had a great time this weekend as usual. Weather couldn't have been better, scenery was amazing and KT and Bromont were both in good shape. The DHing went well with a few minor crashes and mechanicals and one big huck. I gotta get up to Bromont again next year; it was my first time there and I really liked the trails.

Thanks again for the food, excellent sampling of beers and for the group effort at breaking into my car.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Hands down the best weekend of the year. Awesome trails, awesome weather, awesome people. The Kingdom Trails were by far the most fun XC trails I have ever ridden. I never thought I could ride ~20miles of trails and see 3 rocks. Unreal how smooth they are. Bromont was also a blast as always with Eamon, James and Tim. It's always been my favorite mountain, but the stuff they added since I went last year blew me away. Have to hit that drop with more speed next time.......:)

Can't wait until the next one for sure!

EDIT - PS...........someone send me some RM stickers!;)

Last edited:

Yelo

Monkey
Aug 3, 2008
Quebec city, Quebec, Canada
Ohhhh...I thought maybe we had a pregnant Mudhunnie or something.

Who are those Monkeys anyway??
That's us! We discovered the monkey's true Deyv and Isa this summer....

We are ridding this bike only for a month now since we just get it and had a blast this W-E....

Thank's everyone for the great trip and sure hope to see you again soon:banana:

BadDNA

hophead
Mar 31, 2006
Living the dream.
What a blast...I'm just getting settled in at home after an extended stay in VT. I'll post pictures tomorrow, I need some sleep now though. What a wonderful weekend!

woodsguy

gets infinity MPG
Mar 18, 2007
Sutton, MA
I think you mean they don't make em SPLAT proof.

IAB, Woodsguy, Quo Fan, Yelo...... they all manage to not break em!!!!

:busted:
I've dropped my camera a few times and it still works perfectly. It is really small, takes great pics and video, and is on sale at Circuit City for $169!!!

Paired with the xs Mountainsmith case which straps to your shoulder strap it is really easy to grab quickly and is well protected.

Kevin

PS: I will post my pics tomorrow.

badcrumble

Chimp
Jun 18, 2008
wooooster, MA
Great weekend!
Perfect weather, trails and company. Thanks everyone. Fall MF was definitely more chilled out than the summer version.
Can't wait for next year

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
That's us! We discovered the monkey's true Deyv and Isa this summer....

We are ridding this bike only for a month now since we just get it and had a blast this W-E....

Thank's everyone for the great trip and sure hope to see you again soon:banana:

Ohhhhhhh.......well then.......Hello Yelo! :wave:

woodsguy

gets infinity MPG
Mar 18, 2007
Sutton, MA
Another awesome weekend in KT. The weather was perfect, the colors amazing, the trails super fun (the fallen leaves were not a factor), and the monkeys very cool. Thanks to Treesaw for organizing it and cooking the great breakfasts and dinner.

Here are all my pics. Below is a sampling.

Last edited:

woodsguy

gets infinity MPG
Mar 18, 2007
Sutton, MA
I took out the space between my photo links. I thought it would pair them up to fit the screen. As you can see it did not. Now I can't get to the "edit" button to change it back. If you can go back before the last edit that would be great.

Thanks,
Kevin

Last edited:

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Kevin, I'm not sure what you wanted to do but I can't just restore your post to the original version. I went ahead and made the pics line up vertical instead of horizontal though to keep this thread more linear and prevent monitors from exploding. :monkey:

Real nice pics, btw.