Quantcast

Monkey Fest Part 2 , picture flood !

splat

Nam I am
2006 Monkeyfest part 2 was lots of fun!

Friday hitching a ride with BadDNA and Berkshire rider , unfortunatly it was raining quite hard. got up to the trout river brewery where we met up with IAB and Douglas and Veggie girl. from there we went to the lodge , then a group of us went up to Louis Garnue , and got so cycling clothes !!

went back to Monkey Camp, met up with some more monkeys and started drinking. Tree saw and Earl arrived , and Dinner was serverd a Yummy Pasta dish.

then it was Night ride time!!!

ITO waiting to start , looking in from the out side.

getting ready to go. ITO, MiketheBike and BadDNA

IAB going up Pinkham road.

We all got to the top of Pinkham , and time for shots

Down Moose Alley we went , here is IAB

Tigg

Veggie Girl

Tree Saw

about 3/4 of the way down Moose Alley time for Shots

Veggie Girl

Earl

BadDNA

and got to a point where some ofthe systems were running inot Battery Issues so we took the road Back.

Here is Ito on a dark road

then Back to the lodge for some more drinking

Burly50

IAB

Veggie girl

Saturday We woke up to a Very sunny day and Burke was having a fall festival , and a Parade which was starting right next to the lodge.

shriners

Bag Pipes

Hey look Its Loco!!

Now to the Woods We Must go!!

BadDNA

Tequilla Doug

Berkshire Rider

Tree Saw

Ito

Jrodgers

Earl Showing Off.

IAB

Tree Saw going through a Mud Puddle .

Tigg , not happy about the climb up Corranry

IAB on a on the extreame Bridge

Berkshire Rider on the same bridge

Berkshire Rider on Toadys

Tree saw crashing on a Root . I warned her!!!

Veggie Girl

Berkshire rider hopping onto a Bridge .

IAB same Bridge .

splat

Nam I am
Well Now it is time for shots again. another gtoup on the trail near us, thought the Idea was a good one.

Tigg

onto old webs

Tree saw on a Little decent

Veggie girl same decent.

IAB on a Skinny we set up

IAB on a Granite drop

Tigg same drop

UT Oh! a candidate for the crash thread

Berkshire rider on a Another skinny

IAB on Webs

Berkshire rider same place.

Berkshire rider 100 yards farther down the trail

IAB playing on big piece of Lumber

a Bunch of these cars went by us as we crossed the street

Tigg , IAB , Berkshire rider on the way up to heavans Bench

Veggie Girls Bike

tigg and Tree saw on the way dowen from Heavens Bench

Tigg By a Sugar House on Sugar house run

Tree saw

BadDNA going under teh Sap Lines

Berkshire Rider and BadDNA

Was one Hell of a 6+ hour ride !

Then onto the PUB outback for some Grub!

Long ride takes its toll on Bad DNA

BadDNA was a master ofthe Potato canon !

well the weather forcast for Sunday was BAD !! we really did not think we were going to get any riding in. was suppose to start raining before Daybreak. well we got up and it was threatening , but not raining , so we got out ! we were hoping just to get an hour in. , Myself , Ito, Douglas Berkshire rider BadDNA , Veggie girl and jrodgers pictured here went for a ride.

Ito

Jrodgers

Veggie girl

well we starte dto make our way back , because the skies were not looking good. and we ran into Tree saw , earl and Mike the Bike going in the opposite direction, so we turned around and Joined them

here is jrodgers on a roll

Mama Tree saw on river wood

BAd DNA through the mud on leather wood

Tree saw on Leatherwood

Earl on Leather wood recovering from a tire slide ( he almost lost it ! )

it started raining lightly so we made our way back toward the lodge.

crossing the bridge by the bike shop. , this bridge dumped veggie girl on the way out .

then we all packed up and head home.

On the way down through New Hampshire going through Franconia Notch. that is where Old Man on the Mountain used to be.

And this was teh 2nd car we passed carring some fresh venison, Must be hunting system somewhere.

What a Fun time it was !!!

BadDNA

hophead
Mar 31, 2006
Living the dream.
Um, coutdown starts now as far as I'm concerned.

I'd also like to propose another Monkey gathering for next summer, I think we should all go pay Cliff at Back Country Excursions a visit when he holds his microbrew weekend next summer.

I had so many people asking about how it was there when they saw my t-shirt, all I can say is you ned to get up there and check it out. Here are a few teaser shots from my trip.

:cheers:

JRogers

talks too much
Mar 19, 2002
Claremont, CA
Good pics! Ito and I are back in NJ right now. No problems on the drive back. He's heading to Rochester tommorrow morning. I've got a nice recovery day before work!

burly50

Where the hell is everyone?
May 13, 2006
Westtown, NY

Thanks a lot. You're supposed to tell me when you plan to take my picture so I can suck it in.:bonk: Gurlz no likez beer gutz.:cheers:

I can't say it enough though, that was a fun time. Too bad I was on the DL. The pics make the ride look like so much fun. It's nice to see North East trails that aren't littered with rooty rock gardens. Can't wait til next year. I'm actually hitting the gym tomorrow to start getting in shape so I can keep up with the slow group next year.:happydance: And so I don't have to suck it in for pics any more.:biggrin:

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
looks like you guys had a great time!! awesome pics!!
and a 6+ hr ride!!! Nice!!! i think i wouldnt move the rest of the day after that!!!

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
ICan't wait til next year. I'm actually hitting the gym tomorrow to start getting in shape so I can keep up with the slow group next year.:happydance: And so I don't have to suck it in for pics any more.:biggrin:
:nope: there was no slow group, there was a fast group and a faster group.

One of these years we'll have to convince a photog to go with us on the big Saturday "faster" ride. I may be wrong but I think this trips crew (Ito, Sq-Earl, Mikethebike, Jrogers & myself) set a new record for most miles riden, but more importantly it was my most enjoyable Mtn ride of the year :biggrin:

ps:Treesaw, BIG thanks for everything!

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
'Twas a fun weekend indeed. I tried to count how many beers the monkeycrew drank collectively. I think I counted like 8 beers...maybe 10. :D

I had a blast. The lodge was very comfortable and I slept surprisngly well (as evidenced by Splat's pics :D ). And what a beautiful day Saturday was...a perfect foliage day in the NEK.

Thank you Treesaw for cooking for all us hungry monkeys!

I've got a boatload of pics...

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Treesaw and Earl were running just a tad late and they had all the food. Fortunately, MBC sent up a mexican dip that Splat and Tigg wasted no time breaking into.

Like four minutes later... (notice the Big Papi salsa. It was actually very good!)

Since Friday afternoon's ride was a rainout, we (me, Doug, VeggieGirl, Splat, Berkshire_Rider, BadDNA) had some brews at the Trout River Brewery, then headed up to the Louis Garneau outlet store. Splat shows off the new $7 4MAAB uniform.

And his $15 coat. Me, Doug and Splat all bought one. Dude, it was $15!

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
After chowing on some Treesaw-made tortellini, a bunch of us headed out on the night ride. Splat stretches his legs in the lodge parking area.

It rained pretty hard Friday, so Moose Alley was very slick and muddy. I endo'd once. Here's Splat again (what the hell...is he in every one of my pics?).

It was a cold night and Treesaw made sure there was plently of warming booze for everyone.

We hit the bottom of Moose Alley and I then bailed on the night ride. I didn't dress warm enough and was freezing. The fast ride on the open road back to the lodge was a real bone chiller. :( The rest of the crew continued on to White School, sans Tigg and Baboon.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
We started our Saturday morning ride around 10:30, after the parade in town. The East Burke town center was very crowded. People, cars and bikes everywhere. Several monkeys bought their trail passes, then we headed up Darling Hill Road.

Gee, it's splat again! :D

We headed to Poundcake and Fence Line. Here are a bunch of JRA pics. Lots of mud on the trails Saturday...
(if any of you monkeyfest monkeys want the full size, full resolution pics, just PM me).

Splat

Tigg

jrogers

Mikethebike

Doug in a rare moment of not being gay

Ito

Veggie Girl coming out of Poundcake. (I think she had fun...I dunno, it was hard to tell :D)

Splat

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
The monkeycrew regroups.

Treesaw

Berkshire_rider

Berkshire_rider again, churning through the mud (I think he still owes me beer)

A rare Earl pic

Treesaw

Splat

Tigg

Treesaw

Another group...a fairly large group of Canadians (20-25 strong). The trails were more crowded Saturday then I had ever seen them.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Wheelies! This little bridge is at the top of a hill, so we all played while regrouping.

Berkshire_rider

Treesaw decides to keep her wheels on the ground.

BadDNA

Splat going HUGE with the wheelie.

Different bridge. BadDNA earning style points.

Treesaw

Veggie Girl

BadDNA JRA on Tody's

followed by Treesaw

and Splat

Veggie Girl taking a middle-of-the-trail rest. :D

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Continuing along the "usual" route, here is Tigg on old Webs getting some air.

smooth as silk.

Treesaw goes up and over.

Group o' monkeys.

Treesaw

Treesaw, Veggie Girl, BadDNA

BadDNA approaches the crossover to Vast.

The folks in Northern VT are still a little behind the times in automotive technology.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
BadDNA, Berkshire_rider and McGRP01 JRA

Hi Tigg! Having fun are ya?

Mud Hunnies!

Monkeys head up the fireroad climb to Heaven's Bench

It was a beautiful Autumn day indeed.

BadDNA seemed to have a hard time keeping his front wheel on the ground. That CamelBak must have been really heavy.

ooooohh...aaaahhhhhh.

Another group of riders was taking in the Heaven's Bench views as well. I asked them if they some beer with them that they could give us, but they did not. Thanks for nothing, fellas.

Tigg and Treesaw taking in the atmosphere.

I almost ate this tree. Yeah, I was getting hungry.

At the end of our ride, we ran into these two guys. It's Doug and Ito! What are the chances!? :D Of course, I think they did about 50% more miles than us in the same amount of time.

Tigg looks both ways before crossing the road.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
So after that five hour ride Saturday, we drank some beer, ate some dinner, and drank some beer. I decided to bail on the Sunday ride and head home so I could spend some QT with the MBC (I was really bummed she couldn't make the trip :( ). Me and MBC promptly finished off a growler of Trout River Troutfest upon my return home. :cheers:

It's great having a fun bunch of monkeys to get together with. It was very nice to meet some cool new monkeys too (Burly50, Ito, Mikethebike, Veggie Girl, BadDNA). Thanks for a fun weekend, ridemonkeys!!

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
I don;t know what to say that hasn't already been said. So much fun hanging out with you guys. :cheers: We truely do have a very special community here at RM. And, as always, I have to add a special thank to Treesaw and Sq-Earl for making it all happen. Thanks T...you're the best! :cupidarrow:

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
watching you all ride makes Davey sad!:disgust:

I did drink entirely toooooo much this weekend just to feel like I was there! :thumb:

but, great pics none the less. I promise I will be there next year for atleast one of the MF weekends.:cheers: Oh.... and I will bring another set of wearables:brows: (I already have the motto for the back) :wringshandswithevilgrin: (that would be an awesome smiley)