Quantcast

Monkey Meets

kevster

Chimp
Apr 5, 2006
How good is this moto park anyway? If we're gonna spend most of the day shuttling trails is it worth it to even go there? I haven't ben up there at all so I'm just asking what would be the most fun for everyone.

Sunday is still good for me. I have a small 2 seat ruck that can hold 4 or 5 bikes if we do the bike over the tailgate thing.

Anyway I'm easy.

ServeEm

Turbo Monkey
Feb 21, 2006
SacTown
If you're asking about the trails in and around the moto or Mammoth OHV area they're pretty fun. I like Stonewall and the fast fire road and they go into the OHV area. Either way I doubt we'll concentrate just in that area, there's other trails that don't cross the moto's. Culvert/Confluence, Manzanita (fun) and the Cool side is good.

DroppinaNorco

Monkey
Mar 4, 2004
Sac Town
my vote is for sundays since i have work on saturdays... the other trails outside the OHV park are good too but you start gettin into less shuttling big bike stuff and more trail bike-ish stuff.

ghettogt76

Monkey
Dec 5, 2001
Pleasant Hill, Kali'fo'nya
If you guys wanna avoid the motos and stuff on weekends, I would probably be willing to be the shuttle bitch driver for a bit. Only thing is that I have tues, wed and thurs off work. I do have a big truck I can shuttle in tho. Could get 10 bikes in the back of it but I can only seat 4 people including the driver :D

Mar 10, 2005
Santa Cruz/Sacramento, Ca
Just looking, but I've noticed that more people are confined to sunday's date because of work related obligations. In my opinion, it would definently be more fair to stick to the sunday date because of that, despite the motos. Afterall, the OHV park isn't the entire day.

I got super lucky at work, though. I have that saturday off as well. If anyone wants to come up to ride and has something that can shuttle, I'll be happy to meet up with anyone and tool around. I'll talk to connundrum when he gets back from a trip on monday. . . we might also be able to get a mini-van to do some mini-shuttling. Don't set plans on that yet, though.

partsbara

Turbo Monkey
Nov 16, 2001
getting Xtreme !
Brian HCM#1 said:
I won't ride there on a Sunday. Been there done that, not much fun dodging motos.

if /when a sat mission takes off, and you are in, lemme know... well show the young punks that old bastids can rail... :)

otherwise, if you re ever keen to shuttle / drink beer, drop me a pm... auburn is about 30 mins from here...

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
North* Dher said:
It just makes for a much more enjoyable day, you have the whole place to yourself.
The last time I rode there on a Sunday it was miserable. It's not fair to the guys on their MX bikes since it's their day to enjoy the trails, just as Saturdays is ours.

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
partsbara said:
if /when a sat mission takes off, and you are in, lemme know... well show the young punks that old bastids can rail... :)

otherwise, if you re ever keen to shuttle / drink beer, drop me a pm... auburn is about 30 mins from here...
No prob!!!!! As soon as I can put together some prople down here I'm in.

ServeEm

Turbo Monkey
Feb 21, 2006
SacTown
Miserable, wow. I've had somewhat bad days. So what's the meet time looking like. 9am? It's getting a bit warm so I figure everyone's down for a good am hour? We should probably get a final head count and truck count. Me plus one....4rider/4bike truck.

marcm

Monkey
Jun 15, 2002
Elk Grove (sacramento)
I agree Brian Sunday does suck in the ohv park but hey i need to get out there and ride i need to get the rust off my legs..

I am in for the ride on sat 10th or the 11th I also have a full size dodge it can hold 5 bikes and five guys. who do i need to talk to about getting on the list??

SpinCityBikes
Giant..

Mar 10, 2005
I don't want to sound like a jackass, but as much as I want to organize the June 10th date, I don't think I have the mental capacity to multi-task like that. Does anybody else feel up to setting up a thread to get that rolling?

Marcm: I've got your PM. It'd be awesome if you came by sunday, but really, that's only because it's the meet I'm organizing. We'd love to have you come simply because more people would definetly make the day a little bit more fun. I'll throw your name up on the list, but if you change your mind and go to the saturday meet, just let me know.

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
Paradise
morethanjake543 said:
I don't want to sound like a jackass, but as much as I want to organize the June 10th date, I don't think I have the mental capacity to multi-task like that. Does anybody else feel up to setting up a thread to get that rolling?

Marcm: I've got your PM. It'd be awesome if you came by sunday, but really, that's only because it's the meet I'm organizing. We'd love to have you come simply because more people would definetly make the day a little bit more fun. I'll throw your name up on the list, but if you change your mind and go to the saturday meet, just let me know.

And you didn't think of this before you started a thread about it?

I would, but I have not the slightest idea where any of this stuff is. Just that its around auburn

Mar 10, 2005
June 10th is a saturday date. June 11th is the sunday date that we decided on earlier in the thread. I didn't expect that much of a problem with the OHV park because, quite frankly, I've never had a problem there on sundays. Les Shrug.

I am still planning on doing this sunday thing. It should still be pretty awesome. If you want me to, I can probably put a little list at the beginning of the thread about the saturday peoples. That might help organize that part a bit. I'm down for both dates, but I'd definently prefer concentraiting on getting this sunday thing working.

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
Paradise
morethanjake543 said:
June 10th is a saturday date. June 11th is the sunday date that we decided on earlier in the thread. I didn't expect that much of a problem with the OHV park because, quite frankly, I've never had a problem there on sundays. Les Shrug.

I am still planning on doing this sunday thing. It should still be pretty awesome. If you want me to, I can probably put a little list at the beginning of the thread about the saturday peoples. That might help organize that part a bit. I'm down for both dates, but I'd definently prefer concentraiting on getting this sunday thing working.

Whoops. Forgot about that. Jeez, I feel like a dickhead.

Mar 10, 2005
Haha, no problem. I do that all the time. You still down for sunday?

So far I've got:

Meeting Spot: In the Subway / Supermarket Parking lot:
13424 Lincoln Way Auburn, CA 95603
Date: June 11th; 10:00 am

Riders:
ServeEm + 1 (1 Truck. 5 bikes ; 5 riders)
RaacerX
Droppinanorco
kevster (1 Truck. 4 bikes ; 2 riders)
morethanjake543 + 1 (possible 1 truck. 5 bikes ; 4 riders)
connundrum1 (1 van. 4 bikes ; 5 people)
alentz
chicodude
ito
Heath Sherratt
Marcm (1 truck. 5 bikes ; 5 riders)

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
Paradise
morethanjake543 said:
Haha, no problem. I do that all the time. You still down for sunday?

So far I've got:

Meeting Spot: In the Subway / Supermarket Parking lot:
13424 Lincoln Way Auburn, CA 95603
Date: June 11th; 10:00 am

Yea, I am still down....Oh...BTW......I suck at biking.

Connundrum1

Monkey
Mar 11, 2005
Gold River, Sac Town, CA
hey scrub, i was just messin with ya, no hard feelings?

i know what you mean though, when we first started running the OHV park i was really apprehensive about running into the moto riders, but last season and this season we've never had a problem with them. They usually are on different trails then us anyway and as long as you let them know how many are behind you in the group its cool. if people are dead set against it there are other trails to be ridden too (not as fun though) but Auburn has a lot of trails to hit so once we're up there we can do majority votes on what we want to ride.

ServeEm

Turbo Monkey
Feb 21, 2006
SacTown
I agree with Connundrum, the first time I was in the OHV area I was sketchy about the moto's but never really had a big problem with them getting in the way. Only one time this jackoff on a quad tried to climb up StoneWall trail. We had to dismount and get completely off the trail and if you know StoneWall there isn't any shoulder but the steep dowhill and trees.

I think Sunday's going to be a blast, looking forward to it.

BTW: for the kats going this Sunday, are there any hardtail riders??? Or am I the only one? Not that it'll be a problem.

FREERDR4LF

Monkey
Feb 11, 2006
FOLSOM, CA.
that brings up a point. i've been reading this entire thread and i'm curious as to what bikes everyone will be riding. i'm interested in going and only have 2 bikes to choose from, my hardtail or my
45lb bullit. and i have never been to the auburn trails and wonder what they are like. will this ride be full armor worthy?

ServeEm

Turbo Monkey
Feb 21, 2006
SacTown
FREERDR4LF said:
that brings up a point. i've been reading this entire thread and i'm curious as to what bikes everyone will be riding. i'm interested in going and only have 2 bikes to choose from, my hardtail or my
45lb bullit. and i have never been to the auburn trails and wonder what they are like. will this ride be full armor worthy?
It's borderline, I see a good amount of both hardtails and fullies. If you wanna all out bomb down the trail ur fully would be better. I keep at a good speed but rather hit the jumps along the trail on my HT.

ServeEm

Turbo Monkey
Feb 21, 2006
SacTown
Only one trail that would have a bit of pedalling and that's Confluence. It's not that much tho, probably worth hitting that trail once. They have a few jumps I like a lot.

FREERDR4LF

Monkey
Feb 11, 2006
FOLSOM, CA.
count me in. should i pm morethanjake543?
i have my jetta with a trunk rack that can fit an extra bike but i can take extra passengers if needed.
10am still?

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
morethanjake543 said:
I'm in the exact same position. . . only I live within a throw's distance of auburn.

What dates are you hitting it up? I'll be there from august 11th through the nineteenth.

I'm going to be there the 17th - 31st. I am so excited. =]

Mar 10, 2005
ServeEm said:
Only one trail that would have a bit of pedalling and that's Confluence. It's not that much tho, probably worth hitting that trail once. They have a few jumps I like a lot.
I totally plan on walking that climb. I used to climb it all the time, but it really doesn't feel as though it's wourth it. Shrug.

That'll be awesome, byoung! We'll definently have more than enough space to get all these bikes and people shuttled.

FREERDR4LF, I'll throw you on the list. We're still meeting at ten AM.

marcm

Monkey
Jun 15, 2002
Elk Grove (sacramento)
any bike will work up there is just depends on how you want to ride.

I am taking my fully.. i have more fun on that up there.

i was wondering is anyone that is going on sunday a beginner rider? I am going to bring a friend and he is new to dh so i just want to make sure that i put him in the wright place in the pack.

oh yea as for armor you dont need it unless you fall a lot.....

ServeEm

Turbo Monkey
Feb 21, 2006
SacTown
Marcm, I would think your buddy will be watched over good by the group. I'll be hanging towards the back most the time if not all the time. Usually the peps I ride with stop periodically for the rest of the group to collect. I'm pretty sure you guys are the same Plus at hairy spots I tend to keep a watch out to make sure katz get thru okay.

alentz

Chimp
May 9, 2006
Santa Monica
Is anybody going to be driving out of or through the Bay Area? It'd be real cool if someone could give me a ride and carpool, I'll split gas for sure. I live in Walnut Creek. Just send me an email to alec.lentz@gmail.com. Thanks! -Alec