Quantcast

:monkey::monkey::monkey:DeuceDay:monkey::monkey::monkey:

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
something else to trip over...

grandfather and great grandfathers toolboxes...

great grandfathers is the wooden one...atleast 100 years old...

20240227_102023.jpg

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
hi ppls

my wife is highly unlikely to make more than me. I made her weekly salary (which goes entirely into a 403(b) since no point otherwise) in about 25 minutes yesterday morning during my deposition.

today is another 4-10 pm WFH day. as is tomorrow. plumber coming by 2-4 pm to replace a leaky faucet.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
today is another 4-10 pm WFH day. as is tomorrow. plumber coming by 2-4 pm to replace a leaky faucet.
older brother had a plumber at his house ftom 5-10 pm friday night rebuilding the plumbing under the kitchen sink...

1k bill.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Hut trip getting complicated. Kid was stuck in Bozeman yesterday due to weather, now on the way to Vegas. Hopefully he doesn't get stuck there due to the shit weather in Denver. :think:
Getting a fair number of diversions down here. Word is the approach into DIA is pretty rowdy this morning.

Edit: Yesterday afternoon between DIA and COS was one of the worst flights I've ever been on. It was rough. :bad:

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Getting a fair number of diversions down here. Word is the approach into DIA is pretty rowdy this morning.

Edit: Yesterday afternoon between DIA and COS was one of the worst flights I've ever been on. It was rough. :bad:
Screenshot 2024-02-27 at 9.48.38 AM.png

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
here you go @stoney ....if your child were into motos

We'll see what the accrued footage and results at eoy ends up being. But yeah, her going from struggling with the outdoors transition (rear of pack) in Oct '22, missing almost 3mos of summer '23, mid to upper-pack then her first podium by fall '23, and now in early '24 being on a team with her national racing being more of a budget and time limitation. That's been a huge acceleration in her racing ability.

I'm stoked. I'm stoked for her. She struggles because her friends don't understand exactly what she does. Some of the boys into cars and racing understand it and "follow" her, so those who don't understand get that she's beyond normal, but she still struggles with it. I think middle school will be easier with it her sport with 10x as many kids in the school.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Tools and parts spotted in IAH. 97 lbs worth of shit is now getting overnighted VIA Fedex.
How does that just go missing? That's kind of a big deal, no? Does the company end up paying for your shit if it just disappears?

Pesqueeb

Feb 2, 2007
How does that just go missing? That's kind of a big deal, no? Does the company end up paying for your shit if it just disappears?
Same way luggage goes missing. Who the fuck knows? It's definitely not the first time my shit has taken an extended stay, but to be fair, it's always shown up eventually. And yeah, my employer would be on the hook. It has happened to other people and the airline has had to replace their things. Ive taken a couple pretty long drives to drop off parts that didn't make it to a broken airplane even though the mechanic did. I've been "lucky" that my stuff only seems to disappear on the way home.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Same way luggage goes missing. Who the fuck knows? It's definitely not the first time my shit has taken an extended stay, but to be fair, it's always shown up eventually. And yeah, my employer would be on the hook. It has happened to other people and the airline has had to replace their things. Ive taken a couple pretty long drives to drop off parts that didn't make it to a broken airplane even though the mechanic did. I've been "lucky" that my stuff only seems to disappear on the way home.
You need a "Do not lose" sticker on your shit.

Pesqueeb

Feb 2, 2007
Hut trip getting complicated. Kid was stuck in Bozeman yesterday due to weather, now on the way to Vegas. Hopefully he doesn't get stuck there due to the shit weather in Denver. :think:

There is enough UAL/UAL express branded aluminum sitting on our ramp to move at least 3000 people right now and it's starting to get pretty shitty here. Southwest has probably just as much. Unless they start parking them at the A/DACG or at Peterson we're gonna run out of room.

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
Did I ever tell you guys about the time my friend hit an aggressive bum with his skateboard but the board had a long kingpin that made a perfect round hole in the bum's skull?

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Imagine finding out there was a cyber attack at your company because you saw an announcement to customers on Facebook. That was my wife today. :rofl:

She got a message from her supervisor about not logging into the system until she hears it's "up and running". Then sees a note on Facebook saying not to worry.

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
Imagine finding out there was a cyber attack at your company because you saw an announcement to customers on Facebook. That was my wife today. :rofl:

She got a message from her supervisor about not logging into the system until she hears it's "up and running". Then sees a note on Facebook saying not to worry.