Quantcast

Monkey sighting

pixelninja

Turbo Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Denver, CO
On Saturday I finally got to meet the infamous monkeys known as SkaredShtles and Pau11y. We met up at Mt Falcon for a nice 4 hour ride with plenty of climbing. SS took us on some awesome singletrack that I'd only heard of. I was able to hang with SS for most of the first climb, but didn't see much of him after that. That's right, I'm slow and I don't care. :D

Anyway, since I was playing catchup most of the ride, I didn't get any good pics, but here's one of (l to r) Pau11y, SS and SS's friend who I will call Bill The Rocket.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
It looks like SS's ass would actually be four feet higher than his hands while he rides. :p

Trying to keep up with the front of the pack is overrated. :monkey:

pixelninja

Turbo Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Denver, CO
dh girlie said:
Goddamn, SS...could those shorts get any shorter? I didn't realize hippies wore hotpants to ride in...
Don't worry DHG, I guarantee that if you rode with said hippy, you wouldn't have to look at his hot pants for too long because he would drop you like a sack of dirt! :blah:

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
robdamanii said:
Well lets see.....

First of you have to be told to take your reflectors off.
Second you told someone that you didn't know how to ride a bike 2 months ago.
Third you're still wearing non-padded shorts
Forth... well I could go on....

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
dh girlie said:
Goddamn, SS...could those shorts get any shorter? I didn't realize hippies wore hotpants to ride in...
The majority of the shorts are up his butt - look at all that that freaking seatpost!

Morryjg

Mr. Ho Jangles
May 9, 2003
Littleton
I Are Baboon said:
It looks like SS's ass would actually be fout feet higher than his hands while he rides. :p
At least he FINALLY put a quick release seat post clamp on this year. Even with that he still rides down the steepest stuff with that seat way up in the stratosphere. I don't know how he keeps from going over the bars on a regular basis. :monkey:

pixelninja

Turbo Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Denver, CO
Morryjg said:
At least he FINALLY put a quick release seat post clamp on this year. Even with that he still rides down the steepest stuff with that seat way up in the stratosphere. I don't know how he keeps from going over the bars on a regular basis. :monkey:
Funniest thing about the ride...we were doing Parmalee Gulch that starts out with some steep downhill followed by some climbing. I catch up to SS and Pau11y standing by the side of the trail:

Me: Mechanical issues?
SS: Naw, just lowering my seat
Me: Um, the decending is over. You're about to start climbing again.
SS: D'OH!

Joe Pozer

Mullet Head
Aug 22, 2001
Redwood City
pixelninja said:
That's cause he's ol school and keepin it real...

Short shorts are old School? :confused: I guess they did wear those kind of shorts in the 70's so maybe he is into retro styles. Did he have a 'Fro underneath his helmet?

J

JRB

Joe Pozer said:
Short shorts are old School? :confused: I guess they did wear those kind of shorts in the 70's so maybe he is into retro styles. Did he have a 'Fro underneath his helmet?
Flowing locks, flowing I tell ya.

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
Allrighty now, maybe it's just the Richard Simmons shorts, but with those legs there is just no way SS eats nearly as much bacon as he wants us to believe... :p

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
dh girlie said:
I'm sure he would...but I don't think shorts that short are necessary! :nope:

they remind me of those spin class shorts for chicks...
How are these things related? Hot pants on SS a bad thing. Hot pants on a chick at spin class, most likely, a good thing.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
He wears those under his OP nut hugger shorts when he is the fashionable man about town.

J

JRB

N8 said:
What???

How come RideMonkey's most vocal member (and I do mean *member*) has yet to post in here... where ya at SS..?

:p:p:p
ahahahaha - you called him a *member*. :thumb:

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
stosh said:
Well lets see.....

haha...yeah, I think we need to hook the kid up with a pair of padded shorts. Every time we go down a hill, everyone is subjected to hearing about how hard his balls hit the top tube!

pixelninja

Turbo Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Denver, CO
Geez, if I knew the guy wouldn't be around today to defend himself, I wouldn't have started this thread. You guys are brutal...

splat

Nam I am
stosh said:
Well lets see.....

forth -- how to ride on straight flat portions of trial with out falling over. :D

J

JRB

dh girlie said:
oh my god...you think THIS is brutal...where the hell have YOU been? :D
Well - to his defense, we are pretty easy on the hippy.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
I :love: all you bahstids! You guys are the best bunch of Tools I know. :D

Shorts - standard issue PI shorts of some sort. I would guess probably 1998 vintage? :confused:

Seatpost - yeah, I know. I'm still getting used to the fact that I *can* easily drop the seat down. I still don't do it much.

Bar ends - I'm telling you, they're coming back in style. I really oughta be sportin' some anodized purple ones. :thumb:

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
OGRipper said:
Allrighty now, maybe it's just the Richard Simmons shorts, but with those legs there is just no way SS eats nearly as much bacon as he wants us to believe... :p
Nor does he drink much beer. His bacon and beer credibility has just gone stright down the toilet. You have to actually consume those two products in mass quantities in order to have any kind of legitimate opinion. I think we should turn off his access to the food forum.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
I Are Baboon said:
Nor does he drink much beer. His bacon and beer credibility has just gone stright down the toilet. You have to actually consume those two products in mass quantities in order to have any kind of legitimate opinion. I think we should turn off his access to the food forum.
Sorry, man. I've always contended it's got *way* more to do with the quality than the quantity. :eviltongu

I've always had a weight problem. No matter how much I eat - always 175. <shrug>