Quantcast

MONKEYFEST 2007 Pictures Galore

splat

Nam I am
So i got up to monkey fest on friday around noon, several others had already arrived. anyway , here are the pics from my small camera.

on the friday ride.

My son starts us off

Quo_fan on a Bridge

my Boy on nice framed shot

Big T on Widow Maker

Quo_fan

Mrs Splat Through some h20

I thought this was cool cloud

MBC

Snowing ? In July ?

after getting my ss throughly kicked by west climbing Burke Mt. we did the lrge group ride,

here is woodsguy and the Mrs. coming up darling hill

the group getting ready to start

we would split into 3 groups, I would lead the 3rd.

this little guy was sitting in the middle of the trial, figured running him over would only give me a flat

Quo_fan

Mr Riding

JBP

Jrodgers

Squirel

Sorgie

DR and MBC

DR plays sap line limbo

MBC's Turn

Woodsguy and Mrs Woodsguy pst a Sugar House

MBC on Kitchel

OK I got back te Dinner and the wife wanted to go out for a ride , and we met thie little guy

The Wife

my son going through a puddle

Time for Sundays Ride

Big T

Line O Riders

Berkshire rider over a rock

BadDNA trys and will join the crash thread again

MBC at Heavens Bench , Burke in thebackground

Wife , me and son , with burke in the background, yes that is the beast we raced up

MBC

my wife

my wife and MBC

my wife will join the crash thread

my wife, Mrs woodsguy and woodsguy

my son on kitchell

Big T

woodsguy with helmet camera

MBC just before we got bck to town

and Finally ( for now) , Deyv getting the last glass of Beer out of The Keg

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
:eek:

EVIL RABBIT OF SATAN! You're lucky it didn't chew a hole in your neck.

I can't believe you held Monkeyfest without me. :disgust1:
I'm sure Splat had Ye Holy Hand Grenade in his camel back.

It was an awesome time, glad I made the drive up. Sucks that no baboons were there. Luckily Splat captured the best part of monkeyfest for you, you can just see my ass sticking out of my tent.

I go on a 3 day MTB trip and I can't wait to go to work today and tell them how I broke my toe - in the bathroom at the B&B. WTF?

Anyway, great time and we can't wait to plan the next one WITH IAB!

I didn't take many pics - but here are a few:

Quo Fan and BigT at Heavens Bench with Burke Mtn in the background

A mechanical (not Quo Fan, if you can believe it)

Splat looking over the edge on Pastuers Point

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
It sounds like everyone scored pretty good at the Garneau store. I love the two jerseys MBC bought me...that heavy long sleeve one is freakin sweet. I am very jealous of the 25 dollar MTB shoes she got.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
Great weekend, :monkey:s! pigboy checked in this morning from Chicago, waiting for the next leg of his trip back to the big island - he whined a lot when riding the Waterworks yesterday...

haha...he was riding (and singing) like a madman at the start of Saturdays ride...I couldnt keep up w/him, but eventually he got quiet, and tired and took the easy way back to refuel with leftover bacon from breakfast

Deyv

Deyvil
Mar 26, 2002
Montreal
What a great weekend of riding!

Monkeyfest is so awesome, everyone is friendly. Everymonkey shares and help each other...... it's great! Makes you proud of being a monkey.

We had such a great time, thanks everyone!

Monkeyfest 2007: Riding, home brew beers, great friends, delicious ice cream, a short short track what more can you ask?

HypNoTic

Man Whore
Aug 3, 2004
Montreal, Qc
I totally agree that everymonkey share & help. I had a too-small-but-working bike on Sunday to ride after breaking the main pivot bolt on my Slayer on Saturday. I still don't understand why Rocky put some stupidly small aluminium bolt on a 6" trailbike.

What more can we ask for? Well... stunts and jump over the fire pit? :devil:

Thanks everyone for a really great time! The beer was awesome :)

Tweek

I Love Cheap Beer!
Yes, a truly awesome weekend. Nice to see the familiar monkeys again and great to meet all you new (to me) monkeys. Of course, it's always awesome to ride that part of the world with my HomeMonkeys too.
Hope everyone got back safe.

Now get back to work. :dead:

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
OK I don't have any pics but here's my recollection of the weekend's events, somewhat blurred by BadDNA's homebrew and Long Trail Double IPA.

Me and Ito headed out Thursday afternoon and drove to Treesaw's house which is about the halfway point of the 8 hour drive. Much bike wrenching was accomplished, and a few beers were enjoyed. Friday morning our original plan was to bolt at the crack of dawn for the Kingdom, but instead we ate a leisurely breakfast and watched some of the Tour stage. This caused us to arrive at the Kingdom about 4pm instead of our original plan of noon. Sorry MBC!

We arrived to a light rain and a lodge full of monkeys. Splat had just finished leading a ride, so I drank a beer. It was at this point that we discovered MBC's two pans of taco dip. We attacked that yummy stuff with reckless abandon, and at one point I decided I better hide one of them in case MBC wanted some (she was out on a ride). This would prove in the end to be a VERY good decision, even though MBC said she wouldn't have been upset if we had finished it.

Soon afterwards, Westy arrived, itching to ride as expected. Me, douglas, ito, and Westy headed out to recon the trail conditions. Sorgie, Sq-earl and Tweek were supposed to come too, but somehow we lost them. To our amazement, the rain stopped as we headed out, and didn't start again until we got back. As expected, those 3 speed demons kicked my ass, but it was fun.

When we got back there were a bunch more monkeys milling around the lodge, and beer was flowing. We wolfed down some of Treesaw's awesome mac-n-cheese. Deyv and Isa and the fast Canadians arrived and organized a night ride. I was pretty spanked from chasing the fast boys earlier so I opted out, in the interest of surviving Saturday's deathmarch. But a nice sized crew went and ripped it up.

Saturday I awoke to woody blasting "In heaven there is no beer" on the stereo, with the sounds of Treesaw making pancakes mixed with toll road smacktalk also echoing around the lodge. We decided that such a momentus occasion as the first annual Monkeyfest Toll Road Time Trial needed to have some spectators, so myself, Quo_Fan, woody, and Sandwich jumped in BadDNA's truck to find the peloton and engage in some good heckling and cowbell ringing. There are already threads about that so no need to recount here - but let it not be understated how freaking MONSTEROUS that climb is, and how thoroughly Westy kicked everyone's ass.

After that, it was time to organize the big Saturday ride. Those who didn't already have season passes went and got their day passes. Our HUGE crew set off up Darling Hill road, where we encountered another HUGE crew. The Saturday ride is mostly a blur of me having an awesome time and remembering all over again how much the Kingdom Trails rock on a singlespeed. We ran into pretty much all the monkeys at various points on the ride and it was just straight up a PERFECT day.

After the ride we drank beer, cleaned up, and headed down to invade the Outback Brew Pub... which is just a short walk from the lodge. After some quality food and beer, we headed back to the lodge for beer, good times, and more beer and good times.

Sunday morning arrived and the weather was once again perfect. Treesaw made her patented kickass breakfast sammiches while we discussed a ride route for the day. We decided to go up Camptown and down all the Moose Alleys. Woody even joined us for this one, on a freeride bike with flat pedals and no water supply (hardcore award right there). Anyway singlespeeding up to the campground was PAINFUL. Holy CRAP was that ever hard. Completely kicked my ass. We hadn't even gotten to the trail yet and I was cooked. But it was still an awesome ride with awesome monkeys, and we all saluted the original Monkeyfest camp as we rode by.

After that it was all about packing up and heading home. And we discovered the second MBC taco dip that I had cleverly hidden away on Friday night, which was the PERFECT post-ride munchie. I'm drooling just thinking about it.

Oh and big props to Sorgie for doing the lion's share of work cleaning the lodge. He had some help too but I can't remember who it was. It was greatly appreciated though. Thanks!

And thanks EVERYONE that did their part organizing rides, brewing beer, making food, making reservations, wrenching bikes, and all the other things it takes to make another awesome and successful Monkeyfest!

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
What a great weekend of riding!

Monkeyfest is so awesome, everyone is friendly. Everymonkey shares and help each other...... it's great! Makes you proud of being a monkey.

We had such a great time, thanks everyone!

Monkeyfest 2007: Riding, home brew beers, great friends, delicious ice cream, a short short track what more can you ask?
It was a genuine pleasure to ride with you and the other folks in our group. Thank you for giving me the Kingdom tour.

Sorgie

Monkey
May 20, 2005
Rochester
I keep waiting for the "It wasn't the same without Tigg there" post. Who's gonna step up and say what y'all are thinking? :brow:
I wished you were there.... so I could ride your Covert.:biggrin: Just kidding, you were missed, as was MMcG, IAB, and others, but it was still a great time!
I don't know what more I can say that hasn't been said already.

Can't wait for the fall Monkeyfest!

ito

Mr. Schwinn Effing Armstrong
Oct 3, 2003
Avoiding the nine to five
It was a genuine pleasure to ride with you and the other folks in our group. Thank you for giving me the Kingdom tour.
Same here man. It was awesome riding with you, I appreciated the ass kicking and having a few good drinking partners this weekend.

Deyv, I'll see you this weekend up at your place, can't wait to check out the property you guys are working on.

And someone post up those circle track pictures, that was the most amazing thing ever.

Sunday's ride is going down as one of the best rides I've ever been on, absolutely superb!

The Ito

Riding

Monkey
Dec 19, 2006
Millis, MA
Awesome time up there this past weekend, it was great meetin all of you. Hopefully I'll be able to ride more and faster next time(charged lights/better knees). Thanks to Treesaw for organizing and all the cookin. Thanks to BadDNA for the Homebrew and the rides(to/from MA, up/down Burke Mt). Pigboy for the Ice Cream. Splat and Quofan for the Pics(I know there are more.) ....and everyone else for some form of entertainment or another.

Saturday I awoke to woody blasting "In heaven there is no beer" on the stereo,
Thanks! Now is it's stuck in my head again! Freakin' BadDNA kept playing his version of that damn song all the way back to MA! :banghead: That's OK, One Day, His Uppance Shall Come!

BadDNA

hophead
Mar 31, 2006
Living the dream.
Thanks! Now is it's stuck in my head again! Freakin' BadDNA kept playing his version of that damn song all the way back to MA! :banghead: That's OK, One Day, His Uppance Shall Come!
*google image search*

You ordered me a pair of Fighting Wenches(c)! Dude, you rock. Place your bets now, 3:1 odds on the redhead.

splat

Nam I am
It sounds like everyone scored pretty good at the Garneau store. I love the two jerseys MBC bought me...that heavy long sleeve one is freakin sweet. I am very jealous of the 25 dollar MTB shoes she got.
Did she tell you about my $30 Full Face DH helmet ?

any way Back to Pics , Here are some more , this time from my other camera.

Pig Boy Over by the Ball Field

woody Smae place

Ito Wearing his Crown

These Para sailers Were Buzzing around Burke. was told at the B&B that it was not a good day for them only the "Brave" ones Went.

Hey is that Tigg!!! ???

the Playground would be Fun

Short track !

ANd then we found the tetter tooter ,

didn't take us long to figure out it could be used asa catapault

Launching woody !

Douglas on the short track

MBC leaves light streak

MBC in the woods

the Cake

can you say were Bike Geeks !?

Mmmmm Breakfast

Treesaw Relaxing eating an egg sandwhich

what goes under the deck, is a bike repair central

rider down !!! this was our only real casualty!!

Isabelll Returning

Another rider returns

2 Luna Chicks

and the wind picked up and the people with tents had sme fun
be free !!!

and that is my Pics !!!

Quo Fan

don't make me kick your ass
I'm sitting here, with my laptop in my lap uploading pictures and posting them with my desktop.

The weekend is a blur, so I'm not going to separate my photos by what day/ride they are.

I like these clouds

MBC (Note smile on her face)

BigT

BigT and Mrs Woodsguy

There I was, just riding along, and this branch jumps out and wedges itself on my tire

This is how DR feels about riding in KT

BigT

Mrs Woodsguy and Woodsguy

Gratuitous scenery shot

BigT

I was playing with my remote flash at the short track

I'm going to have to crop this to get the flash out of the picture

How it should look

Lil' Splat

Monkeys on the teeter

Short track shots

The Toll Road Hill Climb started at 7:30, and when we got to the toll gate at 8, the last of the riders were just arriving.

Splat (most of the riding shots are taken hanging from the front window, pointing the camera backwards, not looking through the viewfinder)

Doug and Ito

Westy, trying to draft the Big Blue Bus

We stopped at a "flat" spot in the road and waited for the riders. This is quite possibly the best photo of the climb

Gratuitous scenery shot while waiting for the riders

Doug got the same treatment, but I didn't get any good pictures of it

Ito's turn

The Big Blue Bus then loads up and we head to the top.

Westy

The red cross at the top of the mountain is where we are

Doug stylin' a wheelie as he finishes

I thought this looked cool

There are more, but I'm tired and the rest haven't been uploaded yet.