Quantcast

MONKEYFEST 2007 Pictures Galore

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
More pictures!!!

Sq-Earl was the official photographer for the medium group on Saturday. We moved along at a nice steady pace and there weren't too many riding shots, but here are a few:

At the top of Darling Hill:

Medium group heading out:

JRA TreeSaw:

JRA Isa:

A little rest before the next trail: TreeSaw, Isa & HypNoTic

Resting at the river's edge:

Sorgie taking a dip:

We found some stunts along the way and had to stop and play:
Sq-Earl needed to hop up on this (we saw another guy do it so it had to be done) :

Sorgie:

JBP:

Berkshire Rider:

Echo:

There were a couple of crashes too:
BadDNA:

Sorgie:

We made it to Heaven's Bench!!!

Isa & TreeSaw needed a moment ;)

A bunch of monkeys on the deck before dinner at monkey lodge:

Some Playground antics:

Woody & Sandwich:

HypNoTic

ArmOnFire being chased down by Westy:

Monkey cake:

Monkeys everywhere!!!

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
The flat track was awesome. I wonder what it was really meant for. Something tells me the town of East Burke didn't buils a tiny little oval in a playground for drunk mountainbikers.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
@Westy: fortunately, Deyv didn't let me take out the pulaski from his car, elseway I would have shaped some berms for that track ;)
A nice little entrance berm was starting to form. We just needs Deyv to go around the other way a few hundred times to help shape the exit.

JRogers

talks too much
Mar 19, 2002
Claremont, CA
Hi guys, just checking in real quick. I'm in Middlebury right now, still on vacation. I just did a 6.5 hour mega ride over mostly dirt and gravel roads with some singletrack and woods roads thrown in. Swam once in the middle and once at the end. Great day.

It was awesome seeing everyone, riding, drinking some beers and just having a good time. Weather was perfect. I was suffering from my hikes and rides the days before, but the medium speed group was great (very glad I did not try to hang with the beast group, as I would have been off the back all day). So, thanks everyone and I'm sure I'll see you all around.

woodsguy

gets infinity MPG
Mar 18, 2007
Sutton, MA
Awesome time this weekend. I really enjoyed meeting the folks behind the avatars.

Anyway, I put together two slideshows of the trip, one for each day. As always most of the images are from the helmet camera footage I got. To see the titles and captions use the links provided to go to the thumbnail views. We only did about 17 miles of the perfect single track on Saturday and 8 on Sunday but we managed to hit all the must do's - Tody's, Sidewinder, Webs, Old Webs, Heaven's Bench, Kitchel, and many others.

Below are the links to the slideshows. You can click the icon in the middle of the screen to view it full screen. However, I recommend not using the full screen. It stretches the images so they actually don’t look as crisp. There is music so adjust your volume accordingly. If the music doesn't start right away you will have to restart the show (sometimes the show starts before the music is done downloading).

Saturday's "Social" Ride Slideshow
Saturday's "Social" Ride Thumbnail Page

Sunday's "Social" Ride Slideshow
Sunday's "Social" Ride Thumbnail Page

Enjoy!
Kevin

Awesome time this weekend. I really enjoyed meeting the folks behind the avatars.

Anyway, I put together two slideshows of the trip, one for each day. As always most of the images are from the helmet camera footage I got. To see the titles and captions use the links provided to go to the thumbnail views.

Below are the links to the slideshows. You can click the icon in the middle of the screen to view it full screen. However, I recommend not using the full screen. It stretches the images so they actually don’t look as crisp. There is music so adjust your volume accordingly. If the music doesn't start right away you will have to restart the show (sometimes the show starts before the music is done downloading).

Enjoy!
Kevin
awesome pics! although I can't help but notice on day 1 there are an awful lot of pics of Splat's a$$!! :busted:

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
As always Monkeyfest was a blast!

Too bad I once again missed Saturday night's party. :rant:

But that's alright since we made it in time friday night for one slick night ride!

Here a pic of part of the group at the bottom of Pinkam road.

The descent of Moose Alley was way fun, slippin' & slidin' down the mountain! After that we went on to the other side of the street to ride White school and others back to camp, but I kinda got the group lost on the upper/lower pond loop :oops:

So after a 2.5 hours night ride we got to camp for a few beers before going to bed.

The next day the original plan was to do a gigantic loop, but a few factors made us opted for a smaler ride, which still was long and painfull considering we had some fine riders in the fast group, like Deyv, Ito, Westy, Rick, Douglas and Pigboy.

It was an awsome ride, even if it was painfull at times!

Here's a the only pics I had time to take!

Sally!

Westy

Rick

Douglas sleeping his way down Tody's Tour...

strangeland2

Monkey
Jul 11, 2007
masshole
Did you guys upgrade or rent? Or am I dumb and thats the same bike she always rides? :biggrin:

Anyway, I put together two slideshows of the trip, one for each day. As always most of the images are from the helmet camera footage I got. To see the titles and captions use the links provided to go to the thumbnail views. We only did about 17 miles of the perfect single track on Saturday and 8 on Sunday but we managed to hit all the must do's - Tody's, Sidewinder, Webs, Old Webs, Heaven's Bench, Kitchel, and many others.

Enjoy!
Kevin

pigboy

in a galaxy far, far away
we ought to have MFest every day of the year!

:banana:

that was seriously some fun riding. i consider my ass thoroughly kicked. and in considerably better shape too.

see you all when I host MFest Hawaii. JBP and I are arguing about how much illegal riding ought to be allowed. :bonk:

pigboy

in a galaxy far, far away
one of the rides JBP and I have been discussing for an MFest Hawaii would be:
1: illegal
2: fairly likely to involve night riding on very difficult terrain that is all rock
3: require a sag wagon to meet us at the end with cold beer

but there's a lot of legal riding that isn't insanely difficult and/or dangerous. plus we have red hot lava.

=)

JRogers

talks too much
Mar 19, 2002
Claremont, CA
I forgot to post my favorite MFest quote. From Sandwich while watching Rasmussen on le Tour:

"Whoa. Look at that dude's pouch. I mean I'm not gay or anything, but it looks like he's smuggling a football in there."